Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Course refund uk

Options
  • 18-09-2019 2:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭

Hi, well I booked a short course I wanted to do in the UK and now, unfortunately have to pull out. When I booked, on the booking confirmation screen it went through the usual details of payment confirmed etc and it mentioned refunds. It said in order to be eligible for a refund, at least 7 days notice must be given before course start date, which is fine. The course is in November. I emailed today and they said they only give refunds within 14 days after payment, the t's + c's are on their website. I went into my booking confirmation again today and it doesn't mention this, again states the 7 days prior to course date, the only information they give in relation to refunds. When I sent a screen shot of this they replied that they meant if the payment was made 14 days before the course. I feel they've been very misleading. Do I have a leg to stand on?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

This does sound very misleading. If it says they will refund you within 7 days of the course starting then they will have to do this. I would ask to speak with someone more senior regarding this. Did you pay by card? If so, you can contact your bank and request them to do a chargeback or assist you further.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭venusdoom

Thank you for your reply. I did pay by card. I didn't mention in my last post that their terms and conditions on their website does state what they told me regarding refund will be paid only within 14days after payment. But you have to go on the website to find this information, it's not on the booking confirmation page which states the information about refunds that I've stated in post above. So they've 2 different refund policies it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

It does seem like that. I would get onto your bank and send them the confirmation email and I would highlight where it says they will refund you within 7 days of the course start date.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭notharrypotter

venusdoom wrote: »
    their website .
    Can you post a link to the course website?

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭venusdoom

I got it sorted, got an email from them yesterday evening saying that their director gave permission to issue payback. Thanks for the replies.

• Advertisement
Advertisement