Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

F1 2019 - Round 15 Singapore

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,755 ✭✭✭This is it

Zaph wrote: »
    I really like Leclerc, but he needs to stop moaning now and get on with it. If it had been the other way round Vettel would have made good feelings known once and then carried on racing.

Yep, grand saying it once. Get over it now and race.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,277 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Remind me, when the leader crosses the line after 2 hours, is it chequered flag or start of final lap?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭christy c

quokula wrote: »
    Leclerc starting to sound like another diva on the grid.

Pretty sure if I was getting a few million a year I'd be a diva too!

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Two great performances from Hülkenberg and Giovanazzi today, actually.

flazio wrote: »
    Remind me, when the leader crosses the line after 2 hours, is it chequered flag or start of final lap?
    It’s 2 hours plus one lap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,352 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Going to be another safety car, plenty of action at the middle and back but the race might just fizzle out at the front.

Raikonnen has been torpedoed

Lol. Welcome back Torpedo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

Another safety car !!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

F**k it anyway, that's the win for Vettel

• Advertisement

You wait over an hour for a safety car period and you get three of them.

Looking a bit amateur out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,724 ✭✭✭✭skipper_G

Gasly is flying as well, wonder will he have a go at Norris

Would have preferred LeClerc, Vettel but delighted to see Ferrari as a team do the business again. Not hugely entertaining but still an enjoyable first half.

That’s a great restart from Vettel

This is it wrote: »
    Would have preferred LeClerc, Vettel but delighted to see Ferrari as a team do the business again. Not hugely entertaining but still an enjoyable first half.

Got the laps mixed up, thought it was over!

One consolidation for LeClerc is his fastest lap point is safe.
    Meanwhile I see the problem with the Racing Point, it's clearly visible between the steering wheel and the air box.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,352 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

flazio wrote: »
    One consolidation for LeClerc is his fastest lap point is safe.
    Meanwhile I see the problem with the Racing Point, it's clearly visible between the steering wheel and the air box.

Looks like the point for the fastest lap might go nowhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,697 ✭✭✭quokula

Leclerc has no answer for Vettel now he’s decided to put the foot down. Looks like the race is over.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,602 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Max to take Hamilton out? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭H3llR4iser

Sky really need some crash maths course - it's ridiculous how hard they find it too figure out the time limit...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

Come on Seb!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

Be interesting to see what Charles has to say about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Thought that was a brutal race to watch. Race won in the pits and no overtaking on track between the leed drivers.

Safety cars were too slow and too frequent as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Joeface

Bad race at the front kind off , I was still entertained . Vettels pace after his pit stop was the winning of it for him , Charles can complain about team tactics I just don't think they expected Vettel to be that good . Rare to see Mercedes so , well lost for ideas on the day . The pace control during the race from them took away any chance for them. They should have attacked .

Down the field was entertaining , lando, Gasly(great race from him) , Riccardo , Stroll, Hulk, Gio. Perez ..just all good hard battles and over takes . Great to watch .

Stroll gets team comment of the day "something's wrong with the car, I feel like I'm going to crash" ...then proceeds to get three great overtakes on the last few laps.

Kimi /Kvyat clash , I hope that's left as just a racing incident at the most . The Sky commentary does not help, without even seeing clearly what happened Kvyat was blamed it wasn't until the third replay They rolled back .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭wally1990

Hamilton congratulating vettel

https://streamable.com/ojbpw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,692 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Is that not a little rude interrupting someone's interview? Could he not have waited until he was finished his peice?

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

astrofluff wrote: »
    Is that not a little rude interrupting someone's interview? Could he not have waited until he was finished his peice?

A couple of weeks ago he was ‘one of the worst losers in sport’.

Today, shows he’s a pro, and is called ‘rude’.

Can we give it a rest with the ****e, for once?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭Cork Trucker

wally1990 wrote: »
    Hamilton congratulating vettel

https://streamable.com/ojbpw

I remember Massa interrupting Hamilton during an interview after they had an on track spat, Hamilton replied with “don’t touch me man”

Faugheen wrote: »
    A couple of weeks ago he was ‘one of the worst losers in sport’.

Today, shows he’s a pro, and is called ‘rude’.

Can we give it a rest with the ****e, for once?

I couldn't give two sh'ts what happened two weeks ago or who it was. Interrupting someone when they're in the middle of a discussion with someone else is poor form and fairly rude. Same thing happens on the grid walks with Brundle interrupting discussions between drivers and engineers/team principles. It's like they think they have a right to do so. Some manners wouldn't go a miss - race is over, at least give him a minute to finish what he is at.

• Advertisement

With all the press talk and team debrief, sponsor stuff they have to do they might not meet for 5hours and since not on the podium with him I assume he took the chance to congratulate him when it came.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

I remember Massa interrupting Hamilton during an interview after they had an on track spat, Hamilton replied with “don’t touch me man”

I think the intent behind Massa's one was quite different

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Safety car

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭Cork Trucker

I think the intent behind Massa's one was quite different

Different indeed, still interrupted his interview though, doesn't always have to be in front of the camera's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

Horner interrupted Verstappen during his interview too, the paddock has descended into chaos...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭H3llR4iser

Don't see the problem - nice to see these things every now and then, we often forget these guys might be competing but they technically work together. It's clear that Lewis and Seb, over the last few years, got along remarkably well for two of the top guys in the sport - it's not the first time we see them complimenting each other or even taking the defense of one another in interviews, away from the heat of the competition.

I don't really like the cocky persona Hamilton tries to put up with the media, you can tell it's as fake as a 3 Euro note and mostly for the benefit of the credulous, but criticising him for this gesture seems really petty; I prefer we see these exchanges, they add a bit to the dynamics between the drivers, even if it might take a few seconds away of a precious interviewer's time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,442 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Delighted for Vettel winning the race and for Ferrari getting a 1-2. Great strategy from Red Bull to to get Max out in front of Hamilton and well done to Alex Albon as well.

It was nice to see an Alfa get to lead the race for a while.

Thought Danial Riciarrdo was doing great until he decided to get a little too brave and try to pass Giovannazi at the wrong corner.

Thought what Grosjean done hitting George Russel was just stupid. He had the time break and avoid the crash and should have.

Was a pity to see Kimi get taken out too.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Two things struck me today:

Ferrari coming up with a strategy that worked (had them the 1-2). And, Mercedes hands were completely tied by Ferrari with their strategy.

Out of all the mess ups Ferrari gave had in the last few years, this really showed determination, and suited that they have a car that can dictate the race.

So for the remaining races with Ferrari bring the best car now, I think Merc have to do damage limitation and they need to stay out of trouble too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭recyclebin

Well done to Vettel. He finally had a bit of luck on his side today and the pit stop strategy paid off. Le Clerc can't really complain. He didn't follow team orders in qualifying in Monza after Vettel had given him a tow previously so maybe a bit of karma :p.

Just thinking back earlier in the season, Vettel got robbed of a race victory in Canada whereas Le Clerc got away with worse in Monza and held on victory. It's very small margins and a lot of luck that can decide a race victory.

I guess we can hold off on writing the obituaries for Vettels F1 career for another while yet. Would be interesting to see both Ferraris go toe to toe with each other for remainder of the season. Could be a few fireworks yet!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭recyclebin

Sainz is having a terrible run of luck lately. He was best of rest by a good margin up until a few races ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭chicorytip

AMKC wrote: »
    Delighted for Vettel winning the race and for Ferrari getting a 1-2. Great strategy from Red Bull to to get Max out in front of Hamilton and well done to Alex Albon as well.

It was nice to see an Alfa get to lead the race for a while.

Thought Danial Riciarrdo was doing great until he decided to get a little too brave and try to pass Giovannazi at the wrong corner.

Thought what Grosjean done hitting George Russel was just stupid. He had the time break and avoid the crash and should have.

Was a pity to see Kimi get taken out too.
    Eh, I think Kimi rather took himself out today just like he did last week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,442 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

chicorytip wrote: »

I will agree to disagree with your point. To me it was Danny ks fault.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Subscribers Posts: 3,702 ✭✭✭TCP/IP

Forza Seb

chicorytip wrote: »

Yep, turned in to space that was already taken.

Just so its clear Kimi has pretty much admitted it was his fault . I think the Stewards result is fair ..racing incident

When asked for his take on the clash, Raikkonen said: “My tyres were quite old by then and I knew he was quite a bit faster as he was on fresh tyres.

“I looked in the mirror on the straight and he was quite far. Just when I was turning in I kind of saw him on the side, with my eye, because on the mirror he wasn’t here. It was too late, so we touched and that’s about it.”

I havent seen anything on Grosjean V Russell . Roman seems to be at fault there clearly but not sure what if anything they will do with it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭Harika

That's just after Stroll said the car felt dangerous and that he was going to crash . He was excellent in tha exchange

That's deadly. Millimeters between them at times, pushing to the limit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,602 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

That video is exactly the reason why so many people enjoy racing (I mean drivers, not fans).

Advertisement