Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiko Mini HD - dead?

Options
  • 18-09-2019 8:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭

Hi All,

I bought and set up an Amiko Mini HD combo box for my parents around 15 months ago.

Today it stopped working, no TV output at all. The green/orange LEDs on the ethernet port at the back light up when the power is in; but that's it. The front display is completely black, no green/red on/off light or clock/channel number.

Setup:
    ---
    Saorview via an indoor aerial.
    Freeview via a sky dish.
    Powered on 24/7.
    Two USB sticks plugged in for recording/playback.
    Never online (no broadband in house) so firmware was as-is when bought.

I tried leaving it unplugged for a while then plugging it back in, and tried different plug sockets, to no avail. I wonder if it perhaps overheated, the room it is in does get the sun.

Has this happened to anyone else?

Is there anything to be done?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 685 ✭✭✭keepalive213

There wouldn't be any chance that the wrong power supply lead has been connected to it by mistake?
    I'd check to see if said lead is putting out 12v
    Bar that I think faulty box, generally a good box those but it can happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Gamayun

The lead is correct, it must just be a dud box unfortunately.
    Just before the Rugby World Cup too!

I have the channel list backed up to USB, is it possible to import this .abs file onto a new box if I buy one (same model)? Or is it tied to the old box or firmware version somehow?

Has anyone done this? I could just try but don’t want to mess up the new box for the sake of the time it would take to rescan and favourite the channels.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 685 ✭✭✭keepalive213

https://youtu.be/Hu9_RyrmdmQ

I can't seem to post a link, if you cut and paste the above url, it is a link to a YouTube video doing what you need to.

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭karlyk1

Apologies if this is considered resurrecting a zombie thread, but just wondering if you ever got a fix for this OP? Exact same thing after happening to me with exact same box... Right as Lockdown II begins! Any help much appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Joe9088

Hi karlyk1, same thing happend to my box this morning and I swapped out the Ac Adapter power lead (I had a spare one) and the Amiko box lit up straight away and is working fine, might be worth trying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Twodogs

joe9088 thanks for posting this. I had the same problem and thought the box was dead. I found a spare adapter and it fixed the problem. Cheers :-)

Advertisement