Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone X battery replacement

Options
  • 19-09-2019 12:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭

My battery has degraded ridiculously quickly the last few months. I was looking up a replacement from Apple for 75 euro. It says that its free if the phone is in warranty, which it still is under its 2 year warranty.

So is it free, or do I pay the replacement fee?

Comments

Not really sure what you're asking that you haven't answered already yourself.

https://support.apple.com/en-ie/iphone/repair/service/battery-power

Just follow the instructions. 'Arrange a shipment' to send it to Apple for service (takes about a week turnaround time), or bring it to an AASP like CompuB who can do the battery replacement under Apple's warranty and will likely have it ready sooner as it's not being sent anywhere for the repair to be performed. Batteries are usually a stock item for ASP's so a 1-2 day turnaround for somewhere with a lot of service volume would be about normal.

https://www.compub.com/support

If you check with them, you may have the option to pay a fee to have the warranty repair performed while you wait or with a same day service or similar. Not sure and it varies from one ASP to another, so ask first. Any fee they will charge is just to bump you to the top of the queue, nothing to do with actually doing the repair or the part used, as Apple compensate them for those in any case.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭BBMcQ

My battery has degraded ridiculously quickly the last few months. I was looking up a replacement from Apple for 75 euro. It says that its free if the phone is in warranty, which it still is under its 2 year warranty.

whats the % left?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

When Apple say “warranty” they most likely mean 1 year manufacturers warranty.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭HairySalmon

BBMcQ wrote: »
    whats the % left?

79%
    When Apple say “warranty” they most likely mean 1 year manufacturers warranty.

I was on to support and they said it would be covered under consumer law if it was deemed that it had an issue.

Advertisement