Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Portlaoise to Tullamore Road

Options
  • 19-09-2019 8:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm an adopted Laois man now and I have to say I'm shocked by how bad the Portlaoise to Tullamore road is. It's impossible to overtake in places, no hard shoulder in most places and just a very frustrating road to drive in general. Fairly shocking when you consider the size of the 2 towns it connects and the fact that ambulances regularly have to travel that road. What shocks me even more tho is the general lack of any local campaign to improve this road. Where I'm from (which is not an affluent area!), we regularly have campaigns to get road improvements in place and the road's connecting larger towns (towns still smaller than Portlaoise) are better than that road presently and smaller towns are then bypassed!

Anyone have any idea if anything can be done about this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,861 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Completely agree with this.. travel this road a bit myself and it should easily be a dual carriageway given the size/importance of both towns.

I personally love how we just stick up a few signs when the road starts sinking in places rather than fix the underlying issue.

As for what can be done... lobby your local TD (elections in the new year) and write to the Councils/NTA?

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭PhoneMain

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    Completely agree with this.. travel this road a bit myself and it should easily be a dual carriageway given the size/importance of both towns.

I personally love how we just stick up a few signs when the road starts sinking in places rather than fix the underlying issue.

As for what can be done... lobby your local TD (elections in the new year) and write to the Councils/NTA?

Yeah it's definitely something I'm going to ask TDs about when they come canvassing. There's so many road works on it as well, particularly in mountmellick!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,808 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

It’d be a pointless excessive saying it to a TD. All they’ll do is fill you with shjte promises. And I agree, it’s a shocking road

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Sonic_exyouth

Driving down that road in darkness was a genuinely scary experience.

Advertisement