Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How do I sign up for Eir Sport?

• 19-09-2019 5:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,460 ✭✭✭

I'm a Virgin Broadband customer and am looking to sign up to Eir sport for a month to watch the world cup on my phone.

I cannot find anywhere how I actually do this? The Eir Sport website only lists how to subscribe if you're a Sky TV customer, which I am not.

Apparently Virgin Customers get it for free, but I can't find out on their ? I'm only Virgin broadband. Not TV.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,899 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

Blisterman wrote: »
    I'm a Virgin Broadband customer and am looking to sign up to Eir sport for a month to watch the world cup on my phone.

I cannot find anywhere how I actually do this? The Eir Sport website only lists how to subscribe if you're a Sky TV customer, which I am not.

Apparently Virgin Customers get it for free, but I can't find out on their ? I'm only Virgin broadband. Not TV.

only Virgin TV customers get as far as I am aware

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,460 ✭✭✭Blisterman

Can I just sign up and pay for Eir Sport then?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,899 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

Can I just sign up and pay for Eir Sport then?

only if you have a sky box I think

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,922 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

The full eir Sport pack is free* for eir Broadband, eir Vision and select eir Mobile customers.

Eir Sport 1 only is free* for Virgin Media and Vodafone TV customers.

Satellite customers need to pay €30 pm for Eir Sport 1 and Virgin Sport pack. You don’t need to be a Sky TV customers but you do need to have a Sky digibox and viewing card of some description.

*By free I mean included in basic subscription price.

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭sibersha

If you join Eirmobile you can get eirsports.

I joined for 14.99 a month plan and got the eirsport app, which i sideloaded on to my tv.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 902 ✭✭✭twinklerunner

You can watch for free on ITV

http://www.filmon.com/tv/itv1

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭lowbatt07

sibersha wrote: »
    If you join Eirmobile you can get eirsports.

I joined for 14.99 a month plan and got the eirsport app, which i sideloaded on to my tv.

I put the red Eir sport app on the android box but the picture isn’t great - phone dimensions

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭sibersha

lowbatt07 wrote: »
    I put the red Eir sport app on the android box but the picture isn’t great - phone dimensions

Mine is pretty good seems to be 576 resolution, definitely watchable. and covers the full screen. Maybe check the app permissions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 412 ✭✭An Tarbh

I spoke to a rep in store and they're only giving the Virgin Sport pack with Eir Sport 1 included to new broadband customers, as usual nothing for existing customers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,867 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

What TV provider do you have?

• Advertisement
Advertisement