Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix Recommendations Thread 3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,656 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

I am about half way through series 2 of dead to me....hmmm I don't know if I am sold on it ...finding it a bit dull....not a patch on series 1

• Registered Users Posts: 32,656 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Taiga wrote: »
    Just started Modern Family, how have I not heard of it before now??:pac:
    It's a lot of fun but it went a tad downhill...probably right to cancel it.
    Phil is a really funny character.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

+1 for Modern Family.
    My new binge watch, very very funny.
    I just finished season 4 and I can understand that it will eventually go downhill because there will be some repetition.
    But all of them are hilarious, especially the Dunphys!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,373 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Not sure when I gave up on modern family but it was a long long time ago, certainly a case of diminishing returns.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,211 ✭✭✭✭km79

S.M.B. wrote: »
    Not sure when I gave up on modern family but it was a long long time ago, certainly a case of diminishing returns.

I stick with it till the end last weekend
    But the last two years were AWFUL (as was the finale )
    2 seasons before that not much better
    Might rewatch the first few though as it was excellent

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭Ardillaun

- After Life: watched both seasons back to back, brilliant show, not what I would usually like but really enjoyed it

After Life was excellent in spots. As I can attest, it accurately portrays many of the feelings in that situation. I felt the script needed a bit more work but definitely worth a look.

km79 wrote: »
    I stick with it till the end last weekend
    But the last two years were AWFUL (as was the finale )
    2 seasons before that not much better
    Might rewatch the first few though as it was excellent

The episodes are too short for Netflix but I thought Season 1 was marvellous.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,309 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

What has happened to the “buh dhum” sound that used to play when u login to Netflix. I loved that sound. It’s not playing anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Anyone who likes reality tv shows, I’d recommend selling Sunset. Re real estate agents in LA/ Hollywood.

You watched Kominsky Method? Loved that one too, Michael Douglas is superb. :)

I saw a trailer and was a bit put off. Maybe I’ll give it a go, thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

Ardillaun wrote: »
    I saw a trailer and was a bit put off. Maybe I’ll give it a go, thanks.

Do give The Kominskey Method a go - it isn't your average comedy but it's very funny and you'll like the main characters

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

American Gospel: Christ alone
    From expert interviews to biblical references, this documentary offers a critical critique of the prosperity gospel and its influence on Christianity.

Dynasty season 3
    The Carringtons and the Colbys feud for control over their fortune -- and their children -- in this updated reboot of the classic prime-time soap

Added

Coming in June

June Release Dates TBD

Angus, Thongs & Perfect Snogging (2008) – British teen drama about a 14-year-old girl who keeps a diary, chronicling the ups and downs of being a teenager.

Anthony Bourdain: Parts Unknown (12 Seasons) – Chef Anthony Bourdain travels the world, diving into political issues and most importantly the food.

Beethoven (1992) – A family comedy about a giant slobbering, but loveable, St. Bernard.
    Billy Maddison (1995) – Comedy starring Adam Sandler as Billy Madison, a spoilt and lazy adult, who to inherit his father’s fortune, must repeat school.
    Cursed (Season 1) N – Fantasy adventure series starring Katherine Langford as the fabled sorceress Nimue.

Dark (Season 3) N – German mystery drama returns for its final season on Netflix.

Dolly Parton: Here I Am (2019) – Documentary celebrating the life, career, and music of Dolly Parton.
    Dreamgirls (2006) – Musical starring Beyonce
    Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas (1998) – Adventure Comedy following an odd journalist and a psychopathic lawyer on a psychedelic escapade to Las Vegas.
    Jack Reacher: Never Go Back (2016) – Action sequel starring Tom Cruise
    Mallrats (1995) – Cult classic directed by Kevin Smith
    Mission Impossible – Ghost Protocol (2011) – The fourth installment of the Mission Impossible franchise
    No Country for Old Men (2007) – Oscar-winning crime drama directed by the Coen brothers.
    RPDR All-Stars (Season 5) – Bringing the Queens of season past, RuPaul sets out new competition.
    Scarface (1983) – 80s crime classic starring Al Pacino as the infamous drug kingpin Tony Montana.
    The Big Lebowski (1998) – Cul classic directed by the Coen brothers.
    The Holiday (2006) – Romantic Comedy starring Kate Winslet and Cameron Diaz.
    The Karate Kid (1984) – Classic 80s family-drama that follows new kid Daniel Russo struggling to fit in, to help defend himself from bulls, Japanese landlord Mr. Miyagi teaches him karate.
    Transformers: War for Cybertron Trilogy N – Animated series that chronicles the devastating war between the heroic Autobots and the evil Decepticons.

Coming to Netflix UK on June 1st

44 Cats (Season 2) – Children’s animated series.
    Armour of God: Chinese Zodiac (1986) – Jackie Chan classic where he heads off on an adventure to unearth a mysterious treasure.
    Below Deck (2 Seasons) – Reality series that follows the staff on a luxury yacht.

Dante’s Peak (1997) – Disaster Thriller starring Pierce Brosnan.
    Dead My Friends (Season 1) – K-drama featuring an older cast who are all living in their twilight years.
    Eurotrip (2004) – Comedy from the early 2000s about a high school grad heading out to Europe with his friends.
    Hidden in Plain Sight (2019) – Dark thriller about a woman who tries to escape a murderous ex by living in hiding with her child.
    Keeping Up with the Kardashians (2 Seasons) – Reality series chronicling the day to day lives of the Kardashian family.
    March Comes in Like a Lion (Season 1) – Slice of life anime series.
    Married to Medicine (Season 1) – Reality series following a group of successful female doctors who juggle their careers, family life, and social lives.
    My Shy Boss (Season 1) – Comedy K-drama series about a woman who starts work at a company with a shy boss.
    Revolutionary Love (Season 1) – K-drama romantic comedy series.
    The Disaster Artist (2017) – Comedy-drama about one of the most infamous movies in cinema history, The Room.
    The Real Housewives of Atlanta (2 Seasons) – Reality series that follows the wives of some of the richest and most influential men of Atalanta.
    The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills (2 Seasons) – Reality series that follows the drama of a group housewives from Beverly Hills.
    The Titan Games (Season 1) – Sports competition hosted by Dwayne Johnson that pits top athletes against each other for a cash grand prize.

June 2nd
    The Addams Family (2019) – The new animated feature reboot of the Halloween classic!
    Fuller House (Season 5B) N – The final episodes of the sequel to the popular 90s sitcom.
    True: Rainbow Rescue (Season 1) N -Children’s animated series

June 3rd

Spelling the Dream (2020) N – An in-depth documentary into the impact of Indian-Americans have had on the nation’s spelling-bee contests.
    Coming to Netflix UK on June 4th

Baki (Season 2) N – Martial Arts anime series.
    Can You Hear Me? (Season 1) N – French comedy-drama series
    Coming to Netflix UK on June 5th

13 Reasons Why (Season 4) N – The final season.
    Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom (2018) – When the volcano on Isla Nublar roars to life, it’s up to Owen and Claire to mount a rescue mission to save the dinosaurs.

Queer Eye (Season 5) N – Reality series returns with more make-overs.
    The Last Days of American Crime (2020) N – Heist thriller based on the comic book series by Rick Remender.

June 7th

365 Days / 365 Ini (2020) – Polish equivalent of 50 Shades of Grey.
    Coming to Netflix UK on June 10th

Lenox Hill (Season 1) N – Docuseries chronicling the lives of doctors at the famous New York hospital.

June 12th

Addicted to Life – French travel documentary looking at various extreme sports.
    Da 5 Bloods (2020) N – War drama directed by Spike Lee about 4 African-American Vietnam veterans that return to the country to find their fallen squad leader and rumored buried treasure.
    Don’t Crack Under Pressure (Multiple Documentaries) – French sports documentary on surfing.
    F is for Family (Season 4) N – Frank Murphy and family returns with Jonathan Banks making his debut for the new season.
    Kipo and the Age of Wonderbeasts (Season 2) N – Children’s animated series from Dreamworks Animation.
    Magnetic (2018) – French sports documentary on surfing.
    The Woods (Season 1) N – Polish thriller.

June 13th

Milea (2020) – Indonesian romantic-drama
    Coming to Netflix UK on June 15th

Hereditary (2018) – Horror wrote and directed by Ari Aster about a family being haunted.
    Roll Red Roll (2015) – Documentary about a highly controversial sexual assault case in Steubenville, Ohio.
    Shameless U.K (11 Seasons) – British comedy-drama series about the life of a dysfunctional Manchester family.

June 16th

Rick & Morty (Season 4) – The latest season of the Adult Swim series.

June 17th

El Limite Infinito (2019) – Argentine documentary
    Mr. Iglesias (Part 2) N – Sitcom starring comedian Gabriel Iglesias as the loveable and fluffy Spanish high school teacher.
    People Just Do Nothing (Season 5) – Sitcom series that follows a group of youths and their radio show Kurupt FM.

June 18th

A Whisker Away (2020) N – Fantasy anime movie that sees a schoolgirl trying to grab the attention of her crush by transforming into a cat.
    The Order (Season 2) N – Fantasy horror series

June 19th

Babies (Part 2) N – Documentary that focuses on the growth of babies in the first year of life.
    Father Soldier Son (2019) N – Documentary that follows a military family over the course of ten years.
    Feel the Beat (2020) N – Drama that follows April, who after failing to find her success on broadway returns to her small hometown.
    Hotel Transylvania 3: Summer Vacation (2018) – Dracula, with his misfit monster friends and family go on holiday. Unbeknownst to them, the boat is commandeered by the monster-hating Van Helsing family.
    One Way for Tomorrow (2020) N – Turkish documentary series
    The Politician (Season 2) N – Second season of Ryan Murphy’s hilarious comedy-drama.
    The Sinner (Season 3) N – Crime Anthology series
    Wasp Network (2020) N – Thriller about a group of Cuban political prisoners who imprisoned by the United States since the late 90s on charges of espionage and murder.

June 23rd

Eric André: Legalize Everything (2020) N – Stand-up special.
    Coming to Netflix UK on June 24th

Athlete A (2020) N – Documentary about the abuse young members of the USA Gymnastic’s team suffered at the hands of the team’s doctor, Larry Nassar.
    Crazy Delicious (Season 1) N –
    Nobody Knows I’m Here (2020) N -Chilean drama

June 26th

Eurovision Song Contest: The Story of Fire Saga (2020) N –
    Home Game (2020) N –
    Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again (2018) – The sequel to the hit musical with more songs from ABBA.

June 30th

BNA (Season 1) N – New Japanese anime series.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭Retro.

Rolling thunder revue

Long but gripping

Dylan comes across really well ,very ordinary,

No mention of his children in all this

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

2036 origin unknown - budget probably was set at 100$ tops, total clap trap storyline, cgi alone was eye watering to get trough, cant imagine why netflix would promote or even put such rubbish on.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,987 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Lot of dross in June.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,872 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Lot of dross in June.
    Yep, not much to look forward to IMO.

Dark is back, although I'll have to finish season 2.. which means I'll probably need to rewatch season 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,104 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

fin12 wrote: »
    Anyone who likes reality tv shows, I’d recommend selling Sunset. Re real estate agents in LA/ Hollywood.

It's car crash TV but addictive. I'm saving season 2 for when I finish Mad Men.

Basq wrote: »

Dark is back, although I'll have to finish season 2.. which means I'll probably need to rewatch season 1.

You definitely do , I started season 2 and had to go back and watch season 1

peteeeed wrote: »
    American Gospel: Christ alone
    From expert interviews to biblical references, this documentary offers a critical critique of the prosperity gospel and its influence on Christianity.

Dynasty season 3
    The Carringtons and the Colbys feud for control over their fortune -- and their children -- in this updated reboot of the classic prime-time soap

Added

Woohooo Love Dynasty. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,211 ✭✭✭✭km79

Think I’m gonna watch all 3
    Haven’t started 2 yet

Also gave up on 13 reasons why a few episodes into s3. Might watch the recap and give final season ago

The Karate Kid thought
    YES
    Wax on Wax off
    Danielson

Caranica wrote: »
    It's car crash TV but addictive. I'm saving season 2 for when I finish Mad Men.

I know I binge watched season 2 yesterday and then started on season 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,249 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

Watched the American, such a great movie.... I can easily see why people hated it though ....... a throw back to movies of the 60/70s... the movie takes its time to build tension

• Registered Users Posts: 3,018 ✭✭✭TCDStudent1

I definitely need to re-watch both seasons. But looking forward to watching them again as great series.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭tigger123

F is for Family Season 4! Nice!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,029 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Just watched the whole of season 5 of She-Ra yesterday. Didn't realise it was the final season.
    Great series overall, though I know animated series aren't most people's preference.

tigger123 wrote: »
    F is for Family Season 4! Nice!

Has that been added?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

fin12 wrote: »
    Has that been added?

June 12th

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Just watched the whole of season 5 of She-Ra yesterday. Didn't realise it was the final season.
    Great series overall, though I know animated series aren't most people's preference.

I think people are too quick to dismiss animated stuff as being for kids only. She-Ra had better character development, writing, and story arcs than a lot of more "adult" stuff that gets endless praise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭Homelander

scamalert wrote: »
    2036 origin unknown - budget probably was set at 100$ tops, total clap trap storyline, cgi alone was eye watering to get trough, cant imagine why netflix would promote or even put such rubbish on.

Tried watching this, it's god awful. Maybe it really turns around in the 2nd half but the first half was like watching a b-movie on SyFy at 2am on a Wednesday.

Netflix really need to get some sort of quality control in place.

I don't mean with regards shows not quite working out or being critically panned - it happens the best of them - but these zero-budget, student-quality productions.

Advertisement