Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix Recommendations Thread 3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Watching f is for family, some Of the scenes are hilarious. Like the little kid finding the record and playing it, song is hilarious. (Chipsy white). Frank and his dads scenes aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭garra

gmisk wrote: »
    There is a documentary on Netflix called roll red roll about a high school rape...pretty eye opening stuff.
    Not an easy watch by any means but entirely necessary.

Necessary? First time I have read a film review including this verb

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

garra wrote: »

I've seen it in lots of reviews, particularly with documentaries.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,644 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

I have seen it in plenty with regards docs anyway.
    I think it's a stretch to call that a review :) prescient might have been a better word though.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Eric Andre: Legalize Everything
    Eric Andre takes the stage in New Orleans and tackles flawed fast-food icons, the wonders of autofill and the bizarre choice for the "Cops" theme song.

added

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭dubstepper

The movie was excellent, yeah it's a mad concept but you either buy in to it or you don't, the tv show isnt great though tbh so far but it does look good.

I watched the first episode and it was decent. I just can't get beyond the concept. It is like something Homer Simpson came up with: "The world is freezing, so they build a huge train for some reason .... "

• Registered Users Posts: 6,632 ✭✭✭Glebee

dubstepper wrote: »
    I watched the first episode and it was decent. I just can't get beyond the concept. It is like something Homer Simpson came up with: "The world is freezing, so they build a huge train for some reason .... "

Hoimor would build a monorail definitely.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭peter4918

Anyone watched the Sinner season 3 yet? I am 5 episodes in, it's fairly good so far I think, not as good as the first season but better than the second so far anyway.

I enjoyed season 3 up to the last episode but thought the ending was poor enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

There is a documentary on Netflix called roll red roll about a high school rape...pretty eye opening stuff.
    Not an easy watch by any means but entirely necessary.

I actually watched this on BBC iPlayer last weekend.

Pretty grim stuff all around.

Support the Girls

Watched this tonight, really enjoyed it. It's basically a day in the life of the manager of a Hooters style sports bar in Texas. She's trying to run the bar while mothering the girls who work for her and is slowly reaching the end of her tether. Regina Hall is great in the lead role and the relationships she has with several of her staff come across as really genuine.

• Advertisement

Athlete A
    This documentary focuses on the gymnasts who survived USA Gymnastics doctor Larry Nassar's abuse and the reporters who exposed USAG's toxic culture.

Freaks (2018)
    Hidden away by her eccentric father, a mysterious young girl uncovers frightening truths when she starts to make contact with the outside world.

Nobody Knows I'm Here
    A former child singer, traumatized by his experiences, becomes a recluse, nurturing his hurt until a woman comes into his life and really hears him.

Line of Duty (2019)
    A disgraced cop must race against time to save the police chief's daughter from an unhinged suspect as a citizen journalist livestreams his pursuit.

added

• Registered Users Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭shrapnel222

watched 13th yesterday. Powerful documentary showing us how F***ed up and biaised the US judicial system really is and why there are so many prisoners there (25% of all prisoners worldwide are in the US)

Cobra kai the karate kid spin off series is coming to netflix very soon , first 2 series were filmed for youtube but netflix has signed it up for season 3 , its listed on netflix now but no episodes from the first 2 seasons are there yet

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭Homelander

peteeeed wrote: »
    Freaks (2018)
    Hidden away by her eccentric father, a mysterious young girl uncovers frightening truths when she starts to make contact with the outside world.

This is a good one. Best watched blind as well.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,239 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I knew not using my youtube free trial to watch that would pay off eventually.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭s7ryf3925pivug

Homelander wrote: »
    This is a good one. Best watched blind as well.
    watched....

blind?

tenor.gif?itemid=5051134

• Registered Users Posts: 2,317 ✭✭✭p to the e

Line of Duty (2019)
    A disgraced cop must race against time to save the police chief's daughter from an unhinged suspect as a citizen journalist livestreams his pursuit.

added

Damn. I thought this was the latest season of "Line Of Duty"

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,266 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Cobra kai the karate kid spin off series is coming to netflix very soon , first 2 series were filmed for youtube but netflix has signed it up for season 3 , its listed on netflix now but no episodes from the first 2 seasons are there yet

Great stuff. Loved the first two seasons, full of nostalgia!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭shrapnel222

Athlete A
    This documentary focuses on the gymnasts who survived USA Gymnastics doctor Larry Nassar's abuse and the reporters who exposed USAG's toxic culture.

Freaks (2018)

Nobody Knows I'm Here
    A former child singer, traumatized by his experiences, becomes a recluse, nurturing his hurt until a woman comes into his life and really hears him.

Line of Duty (2019)

added

Athlete A is another grim but powerful tale. It just beggars belief things like that can go on for over a decade without any consequences

• Registered Users Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭budgemook

Enjoyed season 1 of this - grown up Johnny is an excellent character and really carries the show - but the second season became a bit Dawson Creeky for me. That said, I will watch season 3.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,862 ✭✭✭mikhail

Athlete A
    This documentary focuses on the gymnasts who survived USA Gymnastics doctor Larry Nassar's abuse and the reporters who exposed USAG's toxic culture
    There's an interesting discussion of it in Malcolm Gladwell's book, Taking to Strangers, from the perspective particularly of the parents who were sometimes actually in the room when Nassar was abusing their kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,213 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

there is a hbo documentary on it on youtube ,disturbing ,victims in the hundreds id say.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,473 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

That's because it's an adjective not a verb.:P

The House on Coco Road

Watched this earlier having been meaning to watch it for the past 2 years. It's a documentary about a black family who moved to Grenada from Oakland, California in the early 80s when they were building a new and better (kind of communist) society. I knew nothing about Greneda or the US invasion of it, so most of this documentary was new to me. It starts off with some family history, the woman involved was Fannie Haughton, who worked with Angela Davis and the Black Panthers in the 70s, before having kids and moving to Grenada. It's probably not the best made documentary you've ever seen, and the Coco Road bit barely comes into it, but it's still a fascinating story and one I knew absolutely nothing about.
    Supposed to be leaving on the 29th if anyone feels like watching it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,511 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

One of the best horror films of the last 25 years landing next week “Session 9”, it is a seriously creepy film, great cast in it too,well worth checking out...

Chicuarotes
    Leading a life of petty crimes, a pair of teenagers determined to flee the slums of Mexico City fall into riskier schemes in hopes of greater rewards.

Krampus
    A family starts to lose its Christmas spirit and is soon terrorized by a demon destined to punish those who don't give the holiday its proper due.

Sisters
    When their parents decide to sell the house they grew up in, sisters Kate and Maura host one final booze-fueled blast with their high school friends.

added

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,239 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Krampus is good fun, though not sure I'd want to watch it this time of year.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Chicuarotes
    Leading a life of petty crimes, a pair of teenagers determined to flee the slums of Mexico City fall into riskier schemes in hopes of greater rewards.

Krampus
    A family starts to lose its Christmas spirit and is soon terrorized by a demon destined to punish those who don't give the holiday its proper due.

Sisters
    When their parents decide to sell the house they grew up in, sisters Kate and Maura host one final booze-fueled blast with their high school friends.

added

Sisters is a pretty funny film. Would recommend.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,054 ✭✭✭joeguevara

One of the best horror films of the last 25 years landing next week “Session 9”, it is a seriously creepy film, great cast in it too,well worth checking out...

Just had a read up on this movie. Looks like a proper old school horror chiller and even includes a disused mental asylum. These are the horrors I love and will definitely be watching it. Thanks for the recommendation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭GreenandRed

https://youtu.be/rrwycJ08PSA

Dark. Suitably mad. Watched Season 1 with my head well scratched from bewilderment. Will wait for the long night's for Season 2. Couldn't stand the dubbed version, much better with the German voices and subtitles for me. Characters don't seem as menacing with American accents!

Advertisement