Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix Recommendations Thread 3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,211 ✭✭✭✭km79

https://youtu.be/rrwycJ08PSA

Dark. Suitably mad. Watched Season 1 with my head well scratched from bewilderment. Will wait for the long night's for Season 2. Couldn't stand the dubbed version, much better with the German voices and subtitles for me. Characters don't seem as menacing with American accents!

I ended up going straight from rewatching season 1 to watching season 2 in preparation for the final season which is released this weekend
    Agree it has to be watched with subtitles
    I still don’t know what’s going on ! It’s goes pure mad altogether in season 2

• Registered Users Posts: 2,187 ✭✭✭ZeroThreat

gmisk wrote: »
    The movie was excellent, yeah it's a mad concept but you either buy in to it or you don't, the tv show isnt great though tbh so far but it does look good.

Tbh the whole thing doesn't make sense. Why are a tiny % of the train's population living it up in 1st class and consuming so much of the limited resources 7 years later even though their monetary wealth is now irrelevant since the world has more or less been destroyed?

If the last (known) remnant of humanity numbers just a few thousand surely to save the human race you'd have to be brutal but logical and get rid of useless muppets while making use of anyone with useful skills or intelligence regardless of what class section of the train they came from.

Oh, and I think the Sean Bean's character is already dead before he even appears in the show. I guess someone managed to figure out how to kill Sean Bean in advance this time! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭howamidifferent

Is Irish Netflix streaming still reduced video and audio quality?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,389 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Athlete A is another grim but powerful tale. It just beggars belief things like that can go on for over a decade without any consequences

Institutions commonly tend to protect themselves first, regardless of the cost to any individual or whistleblower, we've seen this numerous times.

Athlete A is hard to sum up. My stomach was pretty much in knots within 15 minutes. There is plenty of blame to go around here, coaches - both men and women, oh and **** the FBI agent who seems to have been mates with Steve Penny. Seriously. Once we see Nassar in handcuffs his head's down and we know he's done, it's a relief. The fact that he got over 20% of the vote for school board after the story came out is insane.

Justice is hard, so damn hard. A strength of the US system is they don't hang about, though. Someone needs to give Rachael Denhollander the top legal job in the land some day, just do it. They were very luck to find the hard drives. Top work by the detective, assistant attorney general and Indianapolis Star. The real gut punch is of course the court room. Just one woman after the other lining up to speak.

I'll be checking out this podcast. https://believed.michiganradio.org

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,991 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Not sure if this was posted already but finally - you can remove shows from your "Continue Watching" list via the Android app. You just go to the show in the Continue Watching that you don't want to continue, select the options for it and choose "Delete From Row".
    Used it earlier and found it updated immediately, including when I checked via the browser.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,657 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

ixoy wrote: »
    Not sure if this was posted already but finally - you can remove shows from your "Continue Watching" list via the Android app. You just go to the show in the Continue Watching that you don't want to continue, select the options for it and choose "Delete From Row".
    Used it earlier and found it updated immediately, including when I checked via the browser.

Oh thank god, half the listings in that tab are things I accidentally clicked on

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Updates fine on my tv app as well (LG)
    My ocd can take a seat in the corner now.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Eurovision Song Contest: The Story of Fire Saga –
    Netflix’s Eurovision comedy stars Will Ferrell and Rachel McAdams as aspiring Icelandic musicians Lars Erickssong and Sigrit Ericksdottir. When they are given the opportunity of a lifetime to represent their country at the world’s biggest song competition, they finally have a chance to prove that any dream worth having is a dream worth fighting for. The duo are joined on-screen by Pierce Brosnan – as Erick Erickssong, Lars’ father and the most handsome man in Iceland – and Dan Stevens.

Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again

Home Game season 1
    this series will explore unusual and extreme sporting traditions across the globe, including roller derby and… voodoo wrestling?

All For Love season 1
    A penniless country boy goes in search of his runaway sister in Bogotá, where he falls for an aspiring singer, but gets tangled up in organized crime.

Dolly Parton: Here I Am
    Dolly Parton leads a moving, musical journey in this documentary that details the people and places who have helped shape her iconic career.

RuPaul's Drag Race: Untucked! season 2
    The fights. The secrets. The shade! Go backstage with the contestants of "RuPaul's Drag Race" and see what happens off the runway each episode.

Twogether
    Paired together for an unforgettable trip across Asia, stars Lee Seung-gi and Jasper Liu become buddies as they connect with fans and local cultures

Added

• Registered Users Posts: 43,869 ✭✭✭✭Basq

^ Was about to say you're missing 'Dark' but that's not out until tomorrow.

Basq wrote: »

tomorrow yes

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

peteeeed wrote: »
    Eurovision Song Contest: The Story of Fire Saga –
    Netflix’s Eurovision comedy stars Will Ferrell and Rachel McAdams as aspiring Icelandic musicians Lars Erickssong and Sigrit Ericksdottir.

59% so far on Rotten Tomatoes. Might be worth a look as critics never really overly love modern Comedies

At 2 hours though there must be padding in there. Comedy films should never really go over 100 mins imho

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,043 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

ShineOn7 wrote: »
    59% so far on Rotten Tomatoes. Might be worth a look as critics never really overly love modern Comedies

At 2 hours though there must be padding in there. Comedy films should never really go over 100 mins imho

For my sins, I've been persuaded to a watch-along of this tomorrow night with some friends. Between the inconsistency of Ferrel's film output and the Eurovision subject matter, I shan't be doing it sober :P

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭strawdog

Basq wrote: »

Yikes, Only the 10 more episodes to go in my rewatch. Better get cracking! Didn't think I'd get as invested 2nd time around but almost more enjoyable once you have some of the plot points in your head and can pick up on more of the little details

• Registered Users Posts: 29,026 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Home Game season 1
    this series will explore unusual and extreme sporting traditions across the globe, including roller derby and… voodoo wrestling?

Saw voodoo wrestling on The Wrestlers that was on Vice.
    Did always wonder why never hear of men playing Roller Derby. Is it a thing in Ireland? For women I mean?

30 minutes in and as Will Ferrell Movies go it is pleasant enough, almost charming.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Fysh wrote: »
    For my sins, I've been persuaded to a watch-along of this tomorrow night with some friends. Between the inconsistency of Ferrel's film output and the Eurovision subject matter, I shan't be doing it sober :P

Half way through it here and enjoying it. If you enjoy the Eurovision you should be fine and you never ever ever should watch the Eurovision sober so the same rules apply here.

Dan Stevens is absolutely brilliant hamming it up as the Russian contestant!

Going to watch it tonight too

km79 wrote: »
    Going to watch it tonight too

Very enjoyable!!!!

Ya ya
    Ding dong

its here dark season 3

added

oh and
    Victor Frankenstein (the harry potter one )
    After scientist Victor Frankenstein rescues him from a circus, hunchback Igor aids his brilliant but erratic new friend in his quest to create life.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

80%+ for audiences. This isn’t the type of comedy to get critical acclaim. See Baywatch for an example!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Really liked the Eurovision film aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭AMGer

its here dark season 3.

I just finished watching the whole of season 3. Absolutely epic. Best show on Netflix

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

The Eurovision film had a few good laughs, but sagged massively in the middle. It could easily have lost half an hour, and about 6 penis jokes.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

Just finished season 3 of The Sinner and I can appreciate the direction it took in trying not to essentially repeat the previous seasons but it's missing the mark slightly. I get what it was trying to do but the storyline dragged across the 8 episodes, possibly 5/6 episodes could have told the story equally well. That being said, Bill Pullman fascinatingly weird and excellent and I've always liked Matt Bomer and I think he plays his part well. Story was just a little too strecthed out.

I'd recommend The Sinner to anyone who hasn't watched it, especially the first two seasons, excellent television

• Registered Users Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭Mic 1972

AMGer wrote: »
    I just finished watching the whole of season 3. Absolutely epic. Best show on Netflix

it's one of those shows that can only be watched in one go, all 3 seasons.
    Too complicated to pick up season 3 after a two year break from the end of the previous season

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭AMGer

Mic 1972 wrote: »
    it's one of those shows that can only be watched in one go, all 3 seasons.
    Too complicated to pick up season 3 after a two year break from the end of the previous season

I only watched season 3 today, I had seen the first two when they came out originally, but I rewatched them earlier this month. I’d definitely advise a rewatch of season 2 before watching season 3

• Registered Users Posts: 12,074 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

is borgen ever coming to netflix?:o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

365 days

Easily the worst thing I've sat through for two hours. Absolutely terrible.

0/10

• Registered Users Posts: 8,054 ✭✭✭joeguevara

Jet Black wrote: »
    365 days

Easily the worst thing I've sat through for two hours. Absolutely terrible.

0/10

Should have gone straight to the scene that is one of the most talked about 4 minutes in ould ones WhatsApp groups.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

joeguevara wrote: »
    Should have gone straight to the scene that is one of the most talked about 4 minutes in ould ones WhatsApp groups.

I didn't hear anything about it and was expecting something maybe along the lines of Geralds Game. I feel like I was tricked into watching it. GF suggested it, said to me everyone is saying its brilliant, top ten in Ireland, 93% on Netflix. I kept saying right that's enough riding bit of plot now, could turn it around. Nope just more riding.

Advertisement