Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix Recommendations Thread 3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Anyone watched the Sinner season 3 yet? I am 5 episodes in, it's fairly good so far I think, not as good as the first season but better than the second so far anyway.

Thought it was disappointing compared to the excellent first 2 seasons.

A very slow burner and the whole ubermensch/near death experience themes did not do it for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,054 ✭✭✭joeguevara

Watched a good film earlier. Sisters with Tina Fey and Amy Poehler. Plot is their parents announce they are selling up the family home so as a final goodbye the sisters organise a leggier like they had when they were teenagers.

What started off as a dud soon descends into absolute carnage with a little help from a friendly drug dealer who supplied way more than a dime bag of dirt pot that they were originally thinking about.

Some laugh out loud moments. And overall a good watch.

Rewatched the Campaign with Will Ferrell and Zach Gallx#nwi.still as funny as the first time, and a great comedy duo,

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Trick
    When a vicious masked murderer seemingly returns every Halloween for another slasher spree, a detective finds himself caught in a crazymaking chase.

added

• Registered Users Posts: 48,211 ✭✭✭✭km79

Yeeessssssssssssssssssssssss

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭secondrowgal

Watched Athlete A and (In the) Line of Duty yesterday.

Athlete A is excellent, despite the obvious awfulness of the content. How that ****er got away for so long is infuriating, although completely not unexpected because who believes little girls :( and they are little. They are as young as 14/15 and stop calling them ladies or young women. They're not.

In the Line of Duty is so bad it's almost good! It's high-paced, and high action, but you could drive a hummer limo through the plot and most of the acting is dire. Still, if you're stuck, you could do worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,505 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

seligehgit wrote: »

A very slow burner and the whole ubermensch/near death experience themes did not do it for me.

Yeah I finished it over the weekend, definitely not as good as season 1 but I would say similar to season 2. It definitely felt like they stretched the story out too much and 6 episodes would have been enough. I thought it was an okay watch overall though, girlfriend didn't think as highly of it!

km79 wrote: »
    Yeeessssssssssssssssssssssss

Drop and give me 20

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Foweva Awone

Just finished Athlete A, very sad but an excellent watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

seligehgit wrote: »

I'm enjoying it more than the 2nd season. I got pretty bored with that one that I didn't have much of an interest in seeing it through.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,373 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

peteeeed wrote: »
    5 seasons? Jaysus, don't think I got through the second season.

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭BloodyBill

Anyone mention 'Fauda'. Good series set in Israel,dubbed but very watchable. Its proper cops and terrorists type thing but humanises both the Palestinians and Israelis. Doran is some man for one man. A chubby wrecking ball

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,789 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

BloodyBill wrote: »
    Anyone mention 'Fauda'. Good series set in Israel,dubbed but very watchable. Its proper cops and terrorists type thing but humanises both the Palestinians and Israelis. Doran is some man for one man. A chubby wrecking ball

Fauda gets mentioned a lot. Very good show, well worth a watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Meglamonia

BloodyBill wrote: »

Don't understand why people watch these programme's dubbed. Try it in it's native language with subtitles and it's a lot better but maybe it's just me.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,789 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Meglamonia wrote: »
    Don't understand why people watch these programme's dubbed. Try it in it's native language with subtitles and it's a lot better but maybe it's just me.

Native language and subtitles all the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

Finished Into The Night yesterday (with subtitles), it's a very interesting show and I'd like to think more grounded in reality than other disaster/apocalypse type shows in terms of the human aspects of the characters and how they react to the situation they are faced with

Don't know if it's been greenlit for a second and I do struggle to see how they can progress to a second given the ending but it's enjoyable and I'll definitely be watching if it does come back

• Registered Users Posts: 8,054 ✭✭✭joeguevara

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Native language and subtitles all the way.

I turn off the subtitles and make up what I think it should be. Can make it way better.

Adú
    Near a Spanish town in northern Africa, a child takes a painful journey, a father reconnects with his daughter and a coast guard is guilt stricken.

George Lopez: We'll Do It For Half
    Comedian George Lopez tackles the future and the past of Latinx culture in America, touching on immigration, his tough relatives, aging and much more.

Homemade season 1
    Acclaimed filmmakers from around the world channel their creativity during COVID-19 isolation with this diverse, genre-spanning collection of short films.

BNA season 1
    Morphed into a raccoon beastman, Michiru seeks refuge, and answers, with the aid of wolf beastman Shirou inside the special zone of Anima-City.

Scarface

The Change-Up

Ride Along

Robin Hood(Russel Crowe)

Snow White & the Huntsman

The 40 Year Old Virgin

The Big Lebowski

The Holiday

Bram Stoker's Dracula

Billy Madison

Hop

Patch Adams

Poldark season 4

Scent of a Woman

added

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭DVDM93

• Registered Users Posts: 6,213 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Yessss,end it before season 8 and the dead horse it could become.

• Advertisement

I think I might give ozark another go

SPACED season 1&2

#AnneFrank: Parallel Stories
    About a Boy
    Angela’s Ashes
    The American President
    Atonement
    Behind the Candelabra
    Burn After Reading
    Celebrity MasterChef: Season 11 and 12
    Cleo & Cuquin: Season 2
    David Foster: Off the Record
    Daylight
    Deadwind: Season 2
    Dr. Seuss’ The Lorax
    Enchanted Kingdom
    Flipper
    For a Good Time, Call…
    Gladiator
    The Green mile
    Hot Fuzz
    Jurassic Park
    Jurassic Park III
    Knocked Up
    Kingdom season 3
    Mamma Mia!
    MasterChef: Season 12 and 13
    MasterChef: The Professionals: Season 9 and 10
    Michael
    Mickey Blue Eyes
    Midnight in Paris
    Motherland: Season 1
    Nativity 3: Dude Where’s My Donkey?
    O Brother, Where Art Thou?
    Panic Room
    Peter Pan
    Pitch Perfect
    Revolutionary Road
    RIDE ON TIME: Season 1
    RocknRolla
    Say I Do: Season 1
    Schindler’s List
    Session 9
    Shattered Memories
    Spring Breakers
    Steve Niles’ Remains
    Storage 24
    Tales from the Crypt Presents: Bordello of Blood
    The American President
    Tattoo Fixers season 1&2
    The Courier
    The Green Mile
    The Lake House
    The Lost World: Jurassic Park II
    The Nut Job
    The Secret Garden
    The Truman Show
    This Is Where I Leave You
    Torque
    Twins
    Under he Riccione Sun
    Unsolved Mysteries: Volume 1
    The producers of Stranger Things (21 Laps) are behind this reboot of the classic docuseries, which will focus on one mystery each episode and look to viewers to help aid investigators in closing the book on long outstanding cases.

Wolf Creek 2
    Wrecked
    You, Me and Dupree

added

a quick post on whats leaving this month as a few people have asked about it

Luther – 3rd July

Emma (2009) (BBC)– 14th July

Jonathan Creek – 14th July

Knowing Me Knowing You with Alan Partridge – 14th July

Gavin & Stacey – 14th July

• Registered Users Posts: 43,869 ✭✭✭✭Basq

^ Some quality TV there.. well worth a 2 day binge on Luther if you’ve never seen it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

I found Luther incredibly annoying. I couldn't make it past the first couple of episodes.

I found Luther incredibly annoying. I couldn't make it past the first couple of episodes.

Same
    It was ridiculous and he and the female baddie were incredibly irritating

• Registered Users Posts: 2,317 ✭✭✭p to the e

km79 wrote: »
    Same
    It was ridiculous and he and the female baddie were incredibly irritating

A baddiess.

That film Michael with John Travolta has a special place for me as it was the first film I went to see without parental supervision. Just me and a mate. This is the first time I've seen it mentioned since.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,026 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I just watched the first episode of Kingdom last night and they decide to add more.

Edit: just checked and it's still only 2 seasons with the second added March 2020

• Registered Users Posts: 6,632 ✭✭✭Glebee

CastorTroy wrote: »
    I just watched the first episode of Kingdom last night and they decide to add more.

Edit: just checked and it's still only 2 seasons with the second added March 2020

Brilliant series. Cant wait for Season 3.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

I can't see Spaced on mine

Advertisement