Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix Recommendations Thread 3.0

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

I found Luther incredibly annoying. I couldn't make it past the first couple of episodes.

Same

I'm not sure its even worth another go considering how spoilt for choice we are with great TV

• Registered Users Posts: 10,933 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Just for balance, I loved the first three series of Luther (though 4 and 5 were a let down)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

FunLover18 wrote: »
    I can't see Spaced on mine

its on mine , are you sure you have it set to uk/ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

peteeeed wrote: »
    its on mine , are you sure you have it set to uk/ireland?

It's showing up on my phone with the 4OD logo but it's not on the PS4 app.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,832 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I watched athlete A last night and Jesus I remember Larry nassar and the trial but especially towards the end it was a tough watch but good to see justice done. US gymnastics isn't alone in protecting the brand.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,043 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Just for balance, I loved the first three series of Luther (though 4 and 5 were a let down)

I'd broadly agree with this - series 5 in particular was a two-flusher, but the first 3 series are pretty good taken on their own terms. Worth a watch once, and Elba is very watchable in it. The second half of series 2 is probably my favourite part of the whole show.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,872 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Had never seen any of the real housewives programmes. Started the Beverly Hills one at the weekend

It’s everything I’ve ever wanted. And more

• Registered Users Posts: 9,373 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Rfrip wrote: »
    Had never seen any of the real housewives programmes. Started the Beverly Hills one at the weekend

Two weeks and you'll have a hayu subscription as you'll need to get your fix elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,026 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

CastorTroy wrote: »
    I just watched the first episode of Kingdom last night and they decide to add more.

Edit: just checked and it's still only 2 seasons with the second added March 2020

Okay so it's 3 seasons of an American series
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kingdom_(American_TV_series)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭cdgalwegian

Jaysus, how many different Kingdom series are there?
    The Korean one is fantastic, as long as you don't mind sub-titles. Best zombie series around by a mile.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,832 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I love there is new unsolved mysteries. I loved the older ones so I presume the new ones will the same format.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    I love there is new unsolved mysteries. I loved the older ones so I presume the new ones will the same format.

Use to give me the shivers as a kid but could never not watch it. The presenter was even creepy as fuxk

• Registered Users Posts: 21,908 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Rfrip wrote: »

Indulge , watch them all , they're so bad they're good . Money definitely doesn't buy class !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭Giruilla

Midnight in Paris. Havent seen as enjoyable a film in a while. Atmosphere, atmosphere, atmosphere.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭tigger123

Behind the Candelabra is excellent. Highly recommended.

Hunter in the Blue Side of Manchester
    To honor his father, a diligent college graduate takes on the daunting goal of becoming a reporter for an English Premier League soccer club.

Thiago Ventura: POKAS
    In a rollicking special, Thiago Ventura jokes about life in the hood, social issues and more, explaining how actions speak louder than words.

Warrior Nun season 1
    After waking up in a morgue, an orphaned teen discovers she now possesses superpowers as the chosen Halo-Bearer for a secret sect of demon-hunting nuns

added

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

Synode wrote: »
    Use to give me the shivers as a kid but could never not watch it. The presenter was even creepy as fuxk

Watched most of the first episode last night. I sh!t you not.... goosebumps when that theme music played. Brought back those shivers from watching it as a kid!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭Ardillaun

Watching Homeland for the first time. A well made show but they do harp on the AQ-Iran connection to a weird degree, i.e. Sunni and Shia working together. Say no more, gov.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,103 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Ardillaun wrote: »
    Watching Homeland for the first time. A well made show but they do harp on the AQ-Iran connection to a weird degree, i.e. Sunni and Shia working together. Say no more, gov.

I gave up when I started wanting "the bad guys" to win

• Registered Users Posts: 2,317 ✭✭✭p to the e

Homeland is a show I've watched week by week on RTE2 since it began. First series or two was very good and it dipped around the middle when it tried to focus on the family too much. But once they were gone I thought it picked back up. It only finished its final series recently and had a pretty good conclusion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,627 ✭✭✭flasher0030

Caranica wrote: »

Season 1 and 2 were fantastic. can't remember season 3 except the dramatic ending. Didn't watch any of it since. But I understand it didn't just bomb away. I've heard lots of positives about it. Must try to get back into it. I like those CIA/spy yarns.

That scene with Brody in the bunker in season 1 was some TV. I think I was sweating as much as he was.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,266 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

I lasted two seasons then gave up. Enjoyed the first season, second season was poor and offered nothing new.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,043 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Jaysus, how many different Kingdom series are there?
    The Korean one is fantastic, as long as you don't mind sub-titles. Best zombie series around by a mile.

Every time I see mention of a Kingdom series, I remember that I still haven't watched all of the Lars von Trier miniseries released as The Kingdom back in the 90s (later remade into the mediocre Kingdom Hospital with Stephen King's involvement).

For clarity - the von Trier miniseries is not a zombie series, but rather about weird goings-on at probably the most unlucky hospital in the world...

yep its the MMA kingdom , maybe a crossover episode will happen at a later date with the Korean zombie drama

• Registered Users Posts: 10,103 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Must try to get back into it. I like those CIA/spy yarns.

That scene with Brody in the bunker in season 1 was some TV. I think I was sweating as much as he was.

I like that kind of stuff too but that bunker scene was the start of me wanting the terrorists to win :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,627 ✭✭✭flasher0030

I like that kind of stuff too but that bunker scene was the start of me wanting the terrorists to win :D

Really? Just wondering why? I thought Carrie, Saul and Quinn were likable characters. Can't remember the rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭cdgalwegian

peteeeed wrote: »
    yep its the MMA kingdom , maybe a crossover episode will happen at a later date with the Korean zombie drama
    Zombie smackdown. In Kim's Convenience? Bring it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭Homelander

Actually a really great show as well with excellent characters. Shame it was cancelled though it does have a reasonable, if a bit rushed, ending.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭Ardillaun

I noticed that myself. Plus I found the female characters rather annoying and would have liked them to pipe down a bit. Must be the fundamentalist in me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

They should have had the balls to end it the way they initially wanted with Season 1, but they saw the dollar signs and sold out. After Season 3 ended, and the way it ended, I didn't bother going back.

Advertisement