Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix Recommendations Thread 3.0

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭s7ryf3925pivug

Synode wrote: »
    Ah Spaced is gas. So many funny characters. The raver courier is hilarious
    "...so you had sex... before your first kiss..?"

Most I've laughed at something on the TV so far this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭completedit

Has anyone watched the last of the tsars(czars)?

Watched Deutschland 83 and the Americans, both so good. Kinda cool because the events of both series occur during the same year in history.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,392 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Synode wrote: »
    Ah Spaced is gas. So many funny characters. The raver courier is hilarious

Is this the 1999 UK TV series Spaced you are talking about?

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 8,054 ✭✭✭joeguevara

Is this the 1999 UK TV series Spaced you are talking about?

Yes with Simon Pegg. Just added.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭Homelander

Has anyone watched the last of the tsars(czars)?

Watched Deutschland 83 and the Americans, both so good. Kinda cool because the events of both series occur during the same year in history.

There's a good crop of great German TV shows running at the moment.

Deustchland 83, Deustchland 86, Dark, Das Boot and Babylon Berlin are all top notch shows.

Obviously there are tons others but those are the ones that seem to have achieved a high level of international success.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,736 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Anyone watch unsolved mysterious yet ? Any good ?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

The Dark Knight and Thank You For Smoking would disagree with you

Let’s not forget

MOV_57f0f933_b.jpg

I will stand corrected but it’s Possibly the most comprehensive movie about blowing up the earths core that I have ever seen...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

I do like The Core

• Registered Users Posts: 9,373 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Rabbit Hole is fantastic Aaron Eckhart movie that is not available to watch on Netflix.

Not quite in the same vein as the 'is fallen' series though....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

The 2 of 47 comparison was very lazy as well because that 47 (from IMDb) is just things he has been in which includes TV shows and three projects that haven't been released yet

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭s7ryf3925pivug

S.M.B. wrote: »
    Rabbit Hole is fantastic Aaron Eckhart movie that is not available to watch on Netflix.

Not quite in the same vein as the 'is fallen' series though....
    I just read the plot outline on wikipedia. Horrible. Dunno why people put themselves through watching movies like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Anyone watch unsolved mysterious yet ? Any good ?

First 5 so far. It's very addictive, is well made and the stories are intriguing. I'd recommend it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

The 2 of 47 comparison was very lazy as well because that 47 (from IMDb) is just things he has been in which includes TV shows and three projects that haven't been released yet

It's not like you put a lot of time and effort into naming his two most famous films :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 32,620 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Drumpot wrote: »
    Let’s not forget

MOV_57f0f933_b.jpg

I will stand corrected but it’s Possibly the most comprehensive movie about blowing up the earths core that I have ever seen...
    Unobtanium....lol

• Registered Users Posts: 9,373 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

I just read the plot outline on wikipedia. Horrible. Dunno why people put themselves through watching movies like that.
    It's certainly not easy viewing at times but it's not as miserable as a synopsis may sound. I was going through some intense grieving myself at the time it came out so it ended up having a pretty profound impact on my life.

Unsolved mysteries.
    I have to say I devoured them some really interesting ones.
    1, 3 and 6 probably the most interesting from my POV

• Registered Users Posts: 29,023 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

gmisk wrote: »
    Unobtanium....lol

So they were looking for that on Pandora to save the Earth?

Surprised there is no unsolved mysteries thread actually

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Only watched 2 & 3 of unsolved mysterys.

Listened to casefile podcast on episode 3 not long ago.

Interesting story.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,272 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Just came on myself to post about Unsolved Mysteries - used to watch it when it was on years ago; this new reboot is really good! The one with the family in France was gripping. Think I’ll watch the last one now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,211 ✭✭✭✭km79

leahyl wrote: »
    Just came on myself to post about Unsolved Mysteries - used to watch it when it was on years ago; this new reboot is really good! The one with the family in France was gripping. Think I’ll watch the last one now.

Good stuff
    Just finished Dark and was considering giving ozark another go even though I hated all the main characters :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

Unsolved Mysteries fans; has anyone Google'd the authenticy of episodes? Just wondering before I give it a go

I've sworn off most Netflix documentaries because of how dodgy they are

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Derry Girls season 2

Japan Sinks: 2020 season 1 (anime)
    After catastrophic earthquakes devastate Japan, one family's resolve is tested on a journey of survival through the sinking archipelago.

The Protector season 4 (turkish)
    Discovering his ties to a secret ancient order, a young man living in modern Istanbul embarks on a quest to save the city from an immortal enemy.

added

• Registered Users Posts: 4,261 ✭✭✭munster87

ShineOn7 wrote: »
    Unsolved Mysteries fans; has anyone Google'd the authenticy of episodes? Just wondering before I give it a go

Really? You hadn’t mentioned.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,547 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

ShineOn7 wrote: »

You trust the internet and Google to be right about facts wow.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,363 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Anyone here watched Slasher? Just finished the 3rd season, really enjoyed it. It's quite gory which is probably the only negative things I'd have to say about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭smurf492

Kolido wrote:
    Anyone here watched Slasher? Just finished the 3rd season, really enjoyed it. It's quite gory which is probably the only negative things I'd have to say about it.

Ya overall I've enjoyed the three seasons as a horror fan and the gore doesn't bother me.. One thing I've found with it is that throughout the series most characters are utterly unlikeable.

munster87 wrote: »
    Really? You hadn’t mentioned.

I haven't mentioned that most Netflix documentaries are shams when it comes to the facts and truth?

Really?

You trust the internet and Google to be right about facts wow.

I use Duck Duck Go myself

And you?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

I'm sure you'll find something when you google saying they left stuff out etc. etc.

Advertisement