Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix Recommendations Thread 3.0

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,313 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

A TV station is producing documentaries with an editorial slant?

I'm shocked.

Shocked I tell you.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

i watched the first episode of Stateless last night and I was impressed and I am a hard man to impress.

I rarely dole out recommendations and when I do you best pay attention.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,261 ✭✭✭munster87

ShineOn7 wrote: »

Ah wait, it seems you had. My mistake. Don’t forget to remind us again soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

munster87 wrote: »
    Ah wait, it seems you had. My mistake. Don’t forget to remind us again soon.

Another Thanks whoring post. So needy!

And if the topic of Netflix "documentaries" arises again I will

Thanks ;) x

• Registered Users Posts: 86,145 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

The Old Guard with Charlize Theron out 10th of July

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭TheDenialTwist

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    So I've watched two and half episodes of unsolved mysteries and Jesus h Christ the second episode the husband needs to be investigated more. He just dumps his wife's ashes on the table like it's a bag of flour. He's an asshole basically.

The first episode the fact the best friend lawyered up to **** is weird. Also, the call that made him leave the house came from his work.

The bit I've watched of the third episode makes you wonder.

I've only managed to watch the first two episodes thus far because I'm watching so many other things!

Yes, Episode 1...something is not right, it doesn't add up. Very shady indeed.

I totally concur with you regarding Episode 2, the husband comes across as an extremely slimy, sketchy and sinister person. Not only the creepy way he speaks and acts about his wife's ashes or how he contradicts himself, but one has to ask... What innocent person changes the locks after their spouse goes 'missing'?

As another poster said, it's good the way each person involved speaks for themselves (no narration), this gives it a good flow and let's the viewer make their own mind up.

I look forward to watching more. All that's missing is the Robert Stark spooky intro, used to love him in the original Unsolved Mysteries...

Watched Roll Red Roll and Session 9 (2001) the other night. I thought the former was grim but a really good watch, especially considering that this is true crime. As for the latter, I had high hopes it would be a horror that gets one thinking and guessing, however, this is not the case. So, if you haven't seen it previously... I would suggest don't even bother.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

The Old Guard
    mostly good reviews
    https://www.metacritic.com/movie/the-old-guard
    Forever is harder than it looks. Led by a warrior named Andy (Charlize Theron), a covert group of tight-knit mercenaries with a mysterious inability to die have fought to protect the mortal world for centuries. But when the team is recruited to take on an emergency mission and their extraordinary abilities are suddenly exposed, it’s up to Andy and Nile (Kiki Layne), the newest soldier to join their ranks, to help the group eliminate the threat of those who seek to steal and monetise their power by any means necessary.

Down to Earth with Zac Efron: Season 1 – 10th July
    In his new travel show, actor Zac Efron journeys around the world with wellness expert Darin Olien in search of healthy, sustainable ways to live.

The Epic Tales of Captain Underpants in Space!
    George and Harold are in for the ultimate field trip: outer space! Join along as they embark on an out-of-this-world adventure filled with doppelganger aliens, mind-controlling sirens, and a mysterious mission.

The Claudia Kishi Club (Short)
    For many Asian American women (and other women of color), Claudia Kishi was the first time they saw themselves in popular media. A main character in the best-selling Baby-Sitters Club books, she was one of the only Asian Americans in 80s-90s popular culture. Not only was Claudia a rare Asian American protagonist, but she also defied stereotypical portrayals of Asian characters: she was creative, popular, and (gasp!) bad at school. For readers who craved seeing themselves in the media they consumed—not as exotic others or token sidekicks, but as fully realized human beings—Claudia was a revelation.

Dating Around: Brazil season 1
    In this reality show, six singles meet five different blind dates at trendy urban hot spots in Brazil. Who will they choose for a second outing?

The Equalizer 2
    Ex-CIA agent-turned-vigilante Robert McCall uses his deadly skills once again to avenge the death of a close friend and former colleague.

added

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭Tim76

El Duda wrote: »
    alan%20irish.jpg

"What the hell is Netflix?"

Should we be be complaining that this is "greenface"? 2020 has me confused :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭BikeRacer

peteeeed wrote: »

Down to Earth with Zac Efron: Season 1 – 10th July
    In his new travel show, actor Zac Efron journeys around the world with wellness expert Darin Olien in search of healthy, sustainable ways to live.

DbyhepwWkAEc-hl.jpg?w=592&ssl=1

• Registered Users Posts: 33,329 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Thanks ;) x

Tiger King was pretty spot-on....

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,317 ✭✭✭p to the e

• Registered Users Posts: 7,992 ✭✭✭DenMan

Dracula is now available on Netflix. I missed it over the Christmas/New Year period on the BBC. 3 episodes. Supposed to be very good.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,238 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

DenMan wrote: »
    Dracula is now available on Netflix. I missed it over the Christmas/New Year period on the BBC. 3 episodes. Supposed to be very good.

Well the first two episodes are very enjoyable, they screwed the pooch with the last one imo. Definitely worth a watch though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭Homelander

I honestly thought it was so bad it was almost a parody that belongs in the "so terrible it's good" category.

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭smurf492

Homelander wrote:
    I honestly thought it was so bad it was almost a parody that belongs in the "so terrible it's good" category.

Agreed! Coppola's Dracula is also now on Netflix... Watch that instead

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

its absolutely not , terrible

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Thanks ;) x

This nonsense gets so tiresome, particularly as there are so many excellent documentaries on Netflix.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,041 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

I remember thinking the first episode was excellent, the second was really good but not quite at the level of the first, and the third was a complete mess.

It's worth watching the first two and just disregarding the third completely, tbh.

Fysh wrote: »
    I remember thinking the first episode was excellent, the second was really good but not quite at the level of the first, and the third was a complete mess.

It's worth watching the first two and just disregarding the third completely, tbh.

I watched this over the last few days. The first was surprisingly good, the second was OK and I was fast forwarding through the last one. The actress playing Van Helsing was very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭dougm1970

left of topic....
    is there a way if we (parents) are watching netflix and one of the kids logs in upstairs, and they get a message to upgrade to two screens for higher price (which is just a button click and done)...that we could prevent that...we dont want to restrict it otherwise for them though

• Advertisement

I just finished the 3rd and final season of Dark, hands down the best show Netflix have produced. It is astounding and up there with the best TV shows ever created, if it were English language it would be a major phenomenon.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Homelander wrote: »
    I just finished the 3rd and final season of Dark, hands down the best show Netflix have produced. It is astounding and up there with the best TV shows ever created, if it were English language it would be a major phenomenon.

My twitter feed has been full of it since the final season dropped, so I think it is quite popular on a global scale

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭s7ryf3925pivug

Did you like it?

• Registered Users Posts: 27 AaronMic95

I'm still in season 2 and it's been very good so far. Well written and it's a literal mindf!@#. It's not something you can just play in the background and pay less attention to. You need to put 100% attention and focus or else you're gonna miss something.

AaronMic95 wrote: »
    I'm still in season 2 and it's been very good so far. Well written and it's a literal mindf!@#. It's not something you can just play in the background and pay less attention to. You need to put 100% attention and focus or else you're gonna miss something.

I had to watch the finale twice. Still not emotionally recovered from it, it's one hell of a conclusion.

It's so perfectly written, the level of detail and tying up of every plot thread to a fairly meticulous degree is just something else.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,620 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

I have watched the old guard the new big budget action flick.
    It's fun...if overly long or felt weirdly dated....not groundbreaking but very watchable.

The first episode was terrific.
    The second episode was good.
    The third episode was absolutely bloody terrible, laughably bad.
    The lead was excellent though as is dolly wells.

I've only managed to watch the first two episodes thus far because I'm watching so many other things!

Yes, Episode 1...something is not right, it doesn't add up. Very shady indeed.

I totally concur with you regarding Episode 2, the husband comes across as an extremely slimy, sketchy and sinister person. Not only the creepy way he speaks and acts about his wife's ashes or how he contradicts himself, but one has to ask... What innocent person changes the locks after their spouse goes 'missing'?

As another poster said, it's good the way each person involved speaks for themselves (no narration), this gives it a good flow and let's the viewer make their own mind up.

I look forward to watching more. All that's missing is the Robert Stark spooky intro, used to love him in the original Unsolved Mysteries...

Watched Roll Red Roll and Session 9 (2001) the other night. I thought the former was grim but a really good watch, especially considering that this is true crime. As for the latter, I had high hopes it would be a horror that gets one thinking and guessing, however, this is not the case. So, if you haven't seen it previously... I would suggest don't even bother.
    There are 12 series of the original unsolved mysteries on Amazon prime!

Roll red roll was excellent if seriously disturbing

• Registered Users Posts: 3,018 ✭✭✭TCDStudent1

I had to watch the finale twice. Still not emotionally recovered from it, it's one hell of a conclusion.

It's so perfectly written, the level of detail and tying up of every plot thread to a fairly meticulous degree is just something else.

Good idea. Have been browsing netflix for the last 30 minutes wondering what to watch. But gonna go back and watch the finale once more.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Wildlife

Directorial debut of actor Paul Dano, starring Carey Mulligan and Jake Gyllenhaal as a married couple with a 14 year old son who are living in a small town in Montana, having moved multiple times due to his inability to hold down a job. It's a very impressive debut from Dano, there's a real sense of foreboding through most of it but it also feels very realistic, and Mulligan and Gyllenhaal are both fantastic as this couple who are both clearly very unhappy with their lives. Ed Oxenbould is very good as their son too.

Advertisement