Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix Recommendations Thread 3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭job seeker

ixoy wrote: »
    How to Sell Drugs Online (Fast) - Season 2 added today as well.

Really enjoyed the first one and at 6 x ~30min episodes, you'd fly through it.

Season 1 was really underrated in my opinion.. I hope that season 3 is as good..

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Fear City: New York vs The Mafia season 1
    Five Mafia families ruled New York with a bloody fist in the 1970s and '80s, until a group of federal agents tried the unthinkable: taking them down.

Norsemen (Vikingane) season 3
    In 790 AD, the Vikings of Norheim have a hectic schedule that includes pillaging, plundering, enslaving others and solving problems with violence.

Signs season 1 (polish)
    When a young woman's murder shows similarities to a decade-old cold case, a new police commander must break the silence permeating an Owl Mountain town

Love on the Spectrum season 1
    Finding love can be hard for anyone. For young adults on the autism spectrum, exploring the unpredictable world of dating is even more complicated

The Remix: Hip Hop X Fashion
    This documentary profiles Black visionaries in fashion who rewrote narratives on the runway and turned hip-hop style into a global phenomenon.

added

Netflix August additions (there are more to be added which i'll do at the start of next month )
    n=netflix original

August 1st
    American History X (1998) – Edward Norton drama about a former neo-nazi that’s trying to prevent his brother from following in the same direction.
    Blade: Trinity (2004) – Third movie in the Blade franchise.
    Breaking the Bank (2014) – British-American comedy starring Kelsey Grammer and Tamsin Greig
    Bulletproof (1996) – Adam Sandler and Damon Wayans comedy movie.
    Deep Impact (1998) – A comet is headed towards Earth in this disaster movie.
    Duplicity (2009) – Tony Gilroy directed romantic comedy about two spies turned spies for huge corporations.
    Flipped (2010) – Rob Reiner’s comedy about two childhood sweetheart growing up.
    Friday Night Dinner (Season 5) – British comedy series about a hilariously dysfunctional Jewish family
    The Governor (Season 1) – Nigerian political thriller series (was originally due for release on July 1st)
    Nagi-Asu: A Lull in the Sea (Season 1) – Coming of age anime series
    Out of Sight (1998) – George Clooney stars in this comedy about a bank robber breaking out of jail
    Pee-wee’s Big Adventure (1985) – Classic comedy family adventure featuring the eccentric Pee-Wee Herman.
    Rise of the Legend (2014) – Martial Arts action about a Kung-fu prodigy who returns to his town to rid it of the local crime lords.
    Rumor Has It… (2005) – Jennifer Aniston romantic comedy.
    The Saint (1997) – Action adventure starring Val Kilmer and Elisabeth Shue
    Super Monsters: The New Class (2020) N – Special for the Netflix Original kids series.
    the mask

The Mask (1994) – The classic Jim Carrey comedy
    Toradora (Season 1) – Romantic comedy anime series
    Where’s The Money (2017) – Terry Crews stars in this goofy movie about a someone infiltrating an all-white college fraternity.
    What’s Coming to Netflix UK on August 3rd
    The Peanut Butter Falcon (2019) – Comedy starring Shia LaBeouf about a young boy running away from his care home and hoping to achieve his dream of becoming a wrestler.

August 4th
    Sam Jay: 3 In the Morning (2020) N – Stand-up special.

August 6th
    Danger Close: The Battle of Long Tan (2019) – War thriller set during the Vietnam war.
    Nasha Natasha (2016) – Documentary about Latin American performer Natalia Oreiro.
    The Rain (Season 3) N – The final season of the Danish series.
    The Seven Deadly Sins (Season 4) N – The fourth (albeit in many cases unwanted) season of The Seven Deadly Sins that features a new anime studio behind the show.

August 7th
    Action Point (2018) – Johnny Knoxville stars as a daredevil looking to own and operate his own theme park.
    Berlin, Berlin: Lolle on the Run (2020) N – German movie follow-up for the hit series.

The New Legends of Monkey (Season 2) N – Australian/New Zealand teen series.
    Selling Sunset (Season 3) N – Reality series where realtors sell lavish homes.
    Superfly (2018) – Reboot of the 1970s movie about a hustler trying to settle a score against a rival crew.
    Upgrade (2018) – Excellent horror sci-fi movie about a man who gets an experimental chip implanted to help get revenge.

Wizards: Tales of Arcadia (Limited Series) N – Final entry in the Del Toro animated series.
    Work It (2020) N – Dance comedy starring Sabrina Carpenter and Liza Koshy.

August 8th
    Serial Killer with Piers Morgan (Limited Series) – Piers Morgan interviews some of Amerca’s most dangerous convicts.

August 12th
    Green Leaf (season 5) N –

August 14th
    Dirty John (Season 2) N – Original crime-drama
    The Great Heist (Season 1) N – Colombian heist series.
    Project Power (2020) N – Jamie Foxx and Joseph Gordon-Levit action blockbuster.

August 15th
    Jackass: The Movie (2002) – The Jackass boys take part in their craziest pain-filled tasks with hilarious results.
    Ojo’s in d’House (Season 1) – Rags to riches comedy series
    Takki (Season 1) – Saudi Arabian drama series

August 20th
    John Was Trying to Contact Aliens (2020) N – Documentary on one man who spent his life trying to find aliens.

August 21st
    Lucifer (Season 5A) N – The first half of season 5 of the highly anticipated penultimate season for the Devil himself.

August 28th
    Unknown Origins (2020) N – Spanish superhero movie.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,102 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Setting reminder for August 7th, Selling Sunset, woohoo!

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,238 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Peanut Butter Falcon is an enjoyable film.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭brick tamland

How did they manage make S2 of dirty John?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,054 ✭✭✭joeguevara

ixoy wrote: »
    How to Sell Drugs Online (Fast) - Season 2 added today as well.

Really enjoyed the first one and at 6 x ~30min episodes, you'd fly through it.

Thanks so much for this. Loved the first series.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Ned Led Zeppo

Any sign of OZARK, series 3 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,866 ✭✭✭deisedude

Any sign of OZARK, series 3 ?

Thats been out months? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 55,508 ✭✭✭✭walshb

deisedude wrote: »
    Thats been out months? :confused:

Season 4 to be the last season I read.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 442 ✭✭freak scence

Mickeroo wrote: »

yep extremely good

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭DavyD_83

I finally got around to watching Life on Mars after loads of recommendations here and other places over be years. Really enjoying it to far!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,041 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

I watched I Lost My Body, a French-language animated feature last night and really enjoyed it. It starts out following a severed hand which wants to get back to its body, but develops into a story about a lost young man trying to find some sort of direction in his life. I really enjoyed this, as much for how the story is told as for the stunning visuals.

Terminator Salvation (the christian loses it on set movie)
    All grown up in post-apocalyptic 2018, John Connor must lead the resistance of humans against increasingly dominating militaristic robots.

added

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭Champagne Sally

Did anyone hear what happened to Borgen, as it was advertised as being on Netflix last month but never arrived. :confused:

Did anyone hear what happened to Borgen, as it was advertised as being on Netflix last month but never arrived. :confused:

Not sure, the new series is due on netflix in 2022
    all it says about 1-3 is available later this year

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

The documentary Fear City, New York vs the Mafia is brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,373 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Fysh wrote: »
    I watched I Lost My Body, a French-language animated feature last night and really enjoyed it. It starts out following a severed hand which wants to get back to its body, but develops into a story about a lost young man trying to find some sort of direction in his life. I really enjoyed this, as much for how the story is told as for the stunning visuals.
    This is in my watch list, do you know if there's an english dubbed version?

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Caegan

Mickeroo wrote: »

Watched this last night, a really good watch. Highly recommend.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭McGrath5

fin12 wrote: »

Yup, watched the first episode last night.
    The part where the mafia fella is holding the torch for the undercover FBI agent to install the listening device in the cable TV box was mad!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,041 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

S.M.B. wrote: »
    This is in my watch list, do you know if there's an english dubbed version?

As far as I'm aware Netflix commissioned an English dub with Dev Patel amongst others, although I watched it in French with subtitles.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Ned Led Zeppo

walshb wrote: »
    Season 4 to be the last season I read.

20 episodes,and thats that.:mad:

The Kissing Booth 2
    With college decisions looming, Elle juggles her long-distance romance with Noah, changing relationship with bestie Lee and feelings for a new classmate.

BlacKkKlansman
    The first black detective of the Colorado Springs Police Department teams up with a Jewish colleague to infiltrate a group of white supremacists.

Searching
    After his 16-year-old daughter goes missing, David traces her last digital steps using her laptop, social media and a detective to find her

Offering to the Storm(spainsh)
    Amaia investigates several suspicious infant deaths and horrific rituals. Meanwhile, people around her risk grave danger. Part 3 in the Baztan Trilogy

Romance Doll (japanese)
    Love came naturally for married couple Sonoko and Tetsuo. But his secret profession as a love doll designer clashes with her deeper, darker secre

Animal Crackers
    Enchanted animal crackers turn Owen into whatever shape he eats! But to save the family circus, he'll have to keep them out of his evil uncle's hands.

Dragons: Rescue Riders: Secrets of the Songwing
    When a musical dragon with a beautiful voice hypnotizes the dragons and people of Huttsgalor, the Rescue Riders have to find a way to break the spell

Sing On! Spain Season 1
    this fast-paced, high-energy karaoke competition, singers from all walks of life battle it out for up to 30,000 euros!

some episodes of top gear are back up

added

• Registered Users Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭pavb2

Just finished Dark after being recommended on here, probably the best thing I’ve seen on Netflix

• Registered Users Posts: 11,748 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Is there another Online TV/film thread?

Where all online content is discussed, I know there was one but can't seem to find it.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Charlie19 wrote: »
    Is there another Online TV/film thread?

Where all online content is discussed, I know there was one but can't seem to find it.

There's a separate one for Amazon Prime https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2058077104/11/#post114067084

And there's a general streaming/VOD thread https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057732150/7/#post113391008

• Registered Users Posts: 11,748 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

There's a separate one for Amazon Prime https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2058077104/11/#post114067084

And there's a general streaming/VOD thread https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057732150/7/#post113391008

What I'm looking for specifically is Appletv because i singed up for a free trial on windows 10 but cant find an option to cancel the subscription.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,824 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

fin12 wrote: »

I've watched episode one and I love the contemporary audio and video they have of the bosses.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭mightyreds

pavb2 wrote: »
    Just finished Dark after being recommended on here, probably the best thing I’ve seen on Netflix

Just started season 3 finding it tough going so far , been brilliant till now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Mossie1975

Started watching a crime drama called The Trial during the week. Don’t usually venture into subtitled TV but the Italian language is easy on the ear.

Advertisement