Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix Recommendations Thread 3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭ClydeTallyBump

joeguevara wrote: »
    I actually didn't mind the dubbed in season 1 as it was accent appropriate. Season 2 has them talking in a cockney accent while obviously living in Germany.

The cockney accent sounds horrendous!

Another show I enjoyed on Netlfix was a Polish one called 1983. It is unnerving at times to watch especially in light of PIS and their politics in Poland presently.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Boards.ie tried to stop me telling you that Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege has been added by taking the site down but it didn't work

Netflix tells the story of the War for Cybertron in this new origin story anime that sees forces of good and evil clash as they search for the source of the Transformers’ power: the Allspark.

Puzzle
    A reserved housewife emerges from her comfort zone by finding purpose in jigsaw puzzles and the championship puzzler she befriends.

added

• Registered Users Posts: 60,547 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Netflix have invested in Charlie Brooker's production company that can lead to then fully taking it over in a number of years landing Brooker and his partner £100m.

Nice deal there for Brooker.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,023 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

6 episodes of Transformers is doable before starting Umbrella Academy tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Mossie1975

I’m watching The Unforgotten - good crime drama series

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,610 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Mossie1975 wrote: »
    Is it unforgotten the British show?
    It's fantastic it's coming back for season 4 thankfully!

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Mossie1975

gmisk wrote: »
    Is it unforgotten the British show?
    It's fantastic it's coming back for season 4 thankfully!

Yes. Have you seen Hinterland? Very good too

• Registered Users Posts: 11,748 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

I watched a couple episodes of Hinterland but I couldn't get into it for some reason. I think it might of been down to it switching back and forth from Welsh to English. No doubt it's a true reflection of the area but I'd rather a show to full subtitles or English speaking.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,986 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Charlie19 wrote: »
    I watched a couple episodes of Hinterland but I couldn't get into it for some reason. I think it might of been down to it switching back and forth from Welsh to English. No doubt it's a true reflection of the area but I'd rather a show to full subtitles or English speaking.

Netflix version is all English. Least it was when I watched it on there a few months ago. There are 3 versions, a Welsh version and Welsh/English version (which I actually preferred), but the one I watched on Netflix was all English.

I liked it, but it's unrelentingly grim.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,211 ✭✭✭✭km79

Great show
    I watched season one a while back
    Nearly finished season two now
    Only 6 episodes in a season and it builds very slowly !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

Is the umbrella academy actually good ?

Netflix version is all English. Least it was when I watched it on there a few months ago. There are 3 versions, a Welsh version and Welsh/English version (which I actually preferred), but the one I watched on Netflix was all English.

I liked it, but it's unrelentingly grim.

It's possible that I might of watched it on the BBC player, I might give it another go on Netflix

• Registered Users Posts: 43,867 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Yes, I enjoyed it. Couldn't get into any of the Marvel TV series on Netflix but felt the dialogue, style and cast set The Umbrella Academy apart from a standard comic book series.

First season was good I thought, second season getting very good reviews too

Yes. Have you seen Hinterland? Very good too
    I watched one episode but it didn't really hook me in,might try again thanks

The Umbrella Academy season 2
    Reunited by their father's death, estranged siblings with extraordinary powers uncover shocking family secrets -- and a looming threat to humanity.

The Last Samurai
    An American hired to instruct the Japanese army in the ways of modern warfare soon learns to respect the samurai that he has been ordered to destroy.

Samurai Champloo
    After a waitress saves two warriors from execution, she demands that they accompany her on a journey to find "a samurai who smells of sunflowers

Sugar High
    Talented sugar artists compete for $10,000 over two rounds of competition -- candy and sugar sculpture -- in this "Sugar Rush" spinoff special

Sugar Rush season 3
    Time's the most important ingredient as teams race against the clock -- and each other -- to bake up the best-tasting sweets.

Terror in Resonance
    When a terrorist attack ravages Tokyo, a mysterious clue to the perpetrators' identity confounds the police, and paranoia spreads like wildfire

Trigun
    An outlaw named Vash the Stampede, who has a massive price on his head, wanders from town to town on a deserted planet that resembles the Wild West.

added

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,238 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Samurai Champloo is brilliant, think it's been on there before for a good while.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Kilboor

It's difficult to sit down and watch the Last Samurai, a slow build up type movie but I remember it being very entertaining.

The type of movie that's perfect for being shown on TV on a lazy day

• Registered Users Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭pavb2

I watched one episode but it didn't really hook me in,might try again thanks
    I thought it was ok and might watch a couple more episodes but
    it went very quickly from an unknown killer to Cattrin with very little lead up.I couldn’t Why it took so long For her to decide to kill Helen and it didn’t make sense that the murder needEd to be so elaborate?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,309 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

I watched all 3 seasons of Dark over the past 2 weeks. Now it is terrific, and I could follow it for season 1 and 2. But season 3 was very difficult to be able to fully understand what was going on. Still it is genius tv, how did these writers come up with a story so complex, and production show it in such dramatic fashion with so little violence.
    My only problem with it is I didn’t like the very last song used at end of episode 3. After such a great indie/alternative soundtrack I didn’t wanna hear that as the story concluded.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,041 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Netflix have previously had Terror In Resonance but it's good to see it back, it's a great done-in-one-series narrative.

American History X
    Blade: Trinity
    Breaking the Bank
    Brick Mansions
    Bulletproof
    The Call
    Deep Impact
    Duplicity
    The Fall: Season 1 to 3
    Flipped
    Friday Night Dinner: Season 5
    The Guys
    How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days
    The Imitation Game
    Jesus Christ Superstar: 2000
    The Judge
    Latte and the Magic Waterstone
    Meet the Parents: Season 2
    The Mask
    Nagi-Asu: A Lull in the Sea: Season 1
    The Next Step: Season 6
    Out of Sight
    Operation Ouch! Season 1
    Pee-wee’s Big Adventure
    Petit Ours Brun: Season 1
    Rise of the Legend
    Rumor Has It…
    The Saint
    Super Monsters: The New Class
    Tammy
    Toradora!: Season 1
    The Twilight Saga: Twilight
    The Twilight Saga: New Moon
    The Twilight Saga: Eclipse
    The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn – Part 1
    –The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn – Part 2
    Where’s the Money

Added

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Heraldoffreeent

peteeeed wrote: »
    American History X
    Blade: Trinity
    Breaking the Bank
    Brick Mansions
    Bulletproof
    The Call
    Deep Impact
    Duplicity
    The Fall: Season 1 to 3
    Flipped
    Friday Night Dinner: Season 5
    The Guys
    How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days
    The Imitation Game
    Jesus Christ Superstar: 2000
    The Judge
    Latte and the Magic Waterstone
    Meet the Parents: Season 2
    The Mask
    Nagi-Asu: A Lull in the Sea: Season 1
    The Next Step: Season 6
    Out of Sight
    Operation Ouch! Season 1
    Pee-wee’s Big Adventure
    Petit Ours Brun: Season 1
    Rise of the Legend
    Rumor Has It…
    The Saint
    Super Monsters: The New Class
    Tammy
    Toradora!: Season 1
    The Twilight Saga: Twilight
    The Twilight Saga: New Moon
    The Twilight Saga: Eclipse
    The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn – Part 1
    –The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn – Part 2
    Where’s the Money

Added
    I'm liking this new format!

I'm liking this new format!

Haha always for 1st of the month as there’s too many

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

peteeeed wrote: »

Deep Impact

Added

Great "leave your brain at the door" movie with rewatchability factor. Or at least it had years ago

It came out head to head with Armageddon and the latter won at the box office

Wiki

Deep Impact was released in the same summer as a similarly themed film, Armageddon, which fared better at the box office, while astronomers described Deep Impact as being more scientifically accurate.[4][5]

Both films were similarly received by critics, with Armageddon scoring 39% and Deep Impact scoring 45% on Rotten Tomatoes, with Deep Impact grossing over $349 million worldwide on an $80 million production budget.

Armageddon grossed a worldwide total of $553.7 million

Still though, $350 Mill at the box office in 1998 was great money

I've just started watching Humans, it's originally a Channel 4 series about robotic home helps.

Only watched the 1st episode but it seems to be fairly interesting so far and it has a bit of Black Mirror vibe to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

ShineOn7 wrote: »
    Great "leave your brain at the door" movie with rewatchability factor. Or at least it had years ago

It came out head to head with Armageddon and the latter won at the box office

Wiki

Still though, $350 Mill at the box office in 1998 was great money

But Deep Impact doesn't have Liv Tyler , Bruce Willis and Steve Buscemi saving the world

Charlie19 wrote: »
    I've just started watching Humans, it's originally a Channel 4 series about robotic home helps.

Only watched the 1st episode but it seems to be fairly interesting so far and it has a bit of Black Mirror vibe to it.
    It's really excellent imo. Pity there isn't going to be a season 4.
    The original swedish version it is based on is also really good.

I watched a romcom called the lovebirds tonight I wasn't expecting much at all but it was fun.
    The two leads are excellent especially Issa Rae.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

I watched a romcom called the lovebirds tonight I wasn't expecting much at all but it was fun.
    The two leads are excellent especially Issa Rae.

It's very good, and very normal - the chemistry between the two leads is excellent

Advertisement