Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix Recommendations Thread 3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,878 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    The Devil All the Time starts streaming on Netflix September 16

I'm looking forward to this.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,748 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

The Call staring Halle Berry is a cracking movie, I don't know how I missed when released in 2013.

Berry plays a 911 operator who responded to a call from the victim of a serial killer.

"It's already done"

Solid 7/10.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

Does anyone know the name of a soccer documentary.... they were talking it about on the radio yesterday... about the worst country in the world and the. Follow the team

• Registered Users Posts: 33,485 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Bowlardo wrote: »
    Does anyone know the name of a soccer documentary.... they were talking it about on the radio yesterday... about the worst country in the world and the. Follow the team

Next Team Wins

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭Ikozma

Does anyone have any idea if and when netflix will add more only fools and horses, they have season 1-3 and specials now for around 12 mths without adding any new seasons, tis a bit of a joke really

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭Optimalprimerib

Is Netflix still send low quality video and sound or has it reverted to normal, anyone know?

I don't know and it has been my main source of tv and movies since it was mentioned that they were doing it, so it obviously had little impact on me

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

3%: Season 4
    A post-apocalyptic thriller set in near-future Brazil, where a select few are allowed to join a privileged society after undergoing an intense and competitive process. In the last season of the show, the conflict between the Shell and the Offshore is wide open and war is imminent.

Project Power
    getting good reviews and some so so reviews
    https://www.irishtimes.com/culture/film/project-power-netflix-nails-the-action-movie-1.4327514
    What would you risk for five minutes of pure power? That’s the question at the heart of Netflix’s new sci-fi thriller starring Jamie Foxx and Joseph Gordon-Levitt. On the streets of New Orleans, word begins to spread about a mysterious new pill that unlocks superpowers unique to each user. The catch: You don’t know what will happen until you take it. While some develop bulletproof skin, invisibility, and super strength, others exhibit a deadlier reaction. But when the pill escalates crime within the city to dangerous levels, a local cop teams with a teenage dealer and a former soldier to fight power with power – and risk taking the pill to track down and stop the group responsible for creating it.

Dirty John: Season 2
    Netflix’s true crime anthology returns for a second story ripped from the headlines. This time, Amanda Peet stars as socialite Betty Broderick, who hits a homicidal boiling point during a bitter divorce from her unfaithful husband.

The Great Heist: Season 1
    In 1994, a team of thieves plan an ambitious heist to steal millions from the Colombia’s Bank of the Republic. Inspired by true events.

Fearless
    A teen gamer is forced to level up to full-time babysitter when his favorite video game drops three superpowered infants from space into his backyard.

Octonauts & the Caves of Sac Actun
    The Octonauts embark on an underwater adventure, navigating a set of challenging caves to help a small octopus friend return home to the Caribbean Sea.

Beyond the Boundary: ICC Women's T20 World Cup Australia 2020
    With highlights from the 2020 tourney, this program offers an inside look at the global showcase for women's cricket -- the ICC Women's T20 World Cup

Teenage Bounty Hunters Season 1
    Twin sisters Sterling and Blair balance teen life at an elite Southern high school with an unlikely new career as butt-kicking bounty hunters

Nigerian Prince
    When a stubborn American teenager is sent to Nigeria by his mother, his cousin's scamming business becomes a viable option for securing a return flight.

Bee Movie

Land of the Lost (2009)

The Invention of Lying (ricky gervais's terrible american effort )

added

• Registered Users Posts: 8,054 ✭✭✭joeguevara

Heard Misfits is going to be added to Netflix soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

joeguevara wrote: »

sept 15th series 1-5

• Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭Higgins5473

sheroman01 wrote: »
    I liked it but...(unpopular opinion here) a 'tad' bit overrated. I thought 10 hours was a bit too much for it. Jordan's constant redemption stories were too much at times - "He did something I didn't like. And that made me MAD. So I went out for payback! [Jordan wins the game for the Bulls]".

I neither liked, nor disliked it. Thought it was watchable. The comeback redemption stories were tiring and so American in how they were constructed in the documentary, it was movie like Rocky stuff. It was also a very long drawn out puff piece on Jordan, didn't seem like a genuine account of the man or his life, I think this is fair enough to say after all that has come out from his ex team mates being so unhappy with the documentary. I'm sure the mans sh*t stinks like our own too but the impression given was that he was God. Am baffled by all the ridiculous adulation for the show.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,018 ✭✭✭TCDStudent1

Good at the start. Rubbish by the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭bogmanfan

I couldn't get into The Last Dance at all, and only watched the first 3. I really like sports documentaries, but there was something about this that just didn't work for me at all. Unlikeable people, and not very many surprises. The actual game footage was great, but otherwise it left me cold.

Last Chance U, on the other had, is great.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,485 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

bogmanfan wrote: »
    I couldn't get into The Last Dance at all, and only watched the first 3. I really like sports documentaries, but there was something about this that just didn't work for me at all. Unlikeable people, and not very many surprises. The actual game footage was great, but otherwise it left me cold.

I enjoyed it, but like most TV shows these days, could have been edited down to half the number of episodes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,627 ✭✭✭flasher0030

You cannot really give a credible opinion on something where you watch 3 episodes out of 10. Watch it all and then give your opinion.
    For someone that knows very little about the history of the club, there are plenty of surprises. i.e. that's the way it was for me.
    It's like watching 20 minutes of a film and then concluding that it is no good.
    Doesn't work like that.
    Surely with a 95% score on Rotten Tomotoes, 91% on Metacritic and 4.5 out of 5 on amazon - and the acclaim that it received; would you not think to yourself that it must be worth persevering with, that maybe it's a slow burner.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,041 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

peteeeed wrote: »
    sept 15th series 1-5

Tbh I'd just suggest watching S1 & 2 (including the Christmas special). At that point cast departures start to affect it as well as a decline in the quality of the writing, and by the end it becomes a sort of sad parody of itself.

Fysh wrote: »
    Tbh I'd just suggest watching S1 & 2 (including the Christmas special). At that point cast departures start to affect it as well as a decline in the quality of the writing, and by the end it becomes a sort of sad parody of itself.

Are the first two seasons good though? I am not really a fan of sci fi but heard its really good so thought Id give it a go when it arrives.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭bogmanfan

You cannot really give a credible opinion on something where you watch 3 episodes out of 10. Watch it all and then give your opinion.
    For someone that knows very little about the history of the club, there are plenty of surprises. i.e. that's the way it was for me.
    It's like watching 20 minutes of a film and then concluding that it is no good.
    Doesn't work like that.
    Surely with a 95% score on Rotten Tomotoes, 91% on Metacritic and 4.5 out of 5 on amazon - and the acclaim that it received; would you not think to yourself that it must be worth persevering with, that maybe it's a slow burner.

Not intended as a full review - just my experience of it. I do love a slow burner (Better Call Saul for example), but there has to be something in the first few episodes. It just wasn't for me.

Not intended as a full review - just my experience of it. I do love a slow burner (Better Call Saul for example), but there has to be something in the first few episodes. It just wasn't for me.

I might go back to breaking bad. Stopped after 6 or 7 episodes as to me was more about an illness than the crime element.

Started Sons of Anarchy. Fcucking brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,657 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Misfits definitely has a huge tone change with the cast departures but only watching Seasons 1 and 2 means you're depriving yourself of some excellent Joe Gilgun content.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

Misfits definitely has a huge tone change with the cast departures but only watching Seasons 1 and 2 means you're depriving yourself of some excellent Joe Gilgun content.

Had no interest in watching misfits until you said Joe Gilgun is in it, thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Are the first two seasons good though? I am not really a fan of sci fi but heard its really good so thought Id give it a go when it arrives.

I don't know if I'd call it sci fi, certainly not in the traditional sense. It's about a group of teens on community service who get superpowers but they absolutely don't become superheros. I would agree with previous posters not to watch past series 2, I wouldn't even watch the Christmas special which is good but ends in a way that sets up series 3 whereas the actual series 2 finale is much more ... Well, final. Joseph Gilgun is great in later series but for me the writing around him isn't near good enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,261 ✭✭✭munster87

NIMAN wrote: »
    Next Team Wins

Next goal wins?

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭Full_Circle_81

Lisha wrote: »
    Had no interest in watching misfits until you said Joe Gilgun is in it, thanks

He was brought on board with some of the cast changes and from that point on I couldn't see him as anything other than a "replacement" for certain members that left. Also, some of the newer characters were really really unlikable.

Over the years I've really warmed to Joe though, and think hes fan-flipping-tastic in Brassic on Sky.

But for Misfits, its 2 seasons then tap out for sure :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

I spent this week binging all 3 seasons of Selling Sunset. It was a lovely easy watch, and each episode is only 30 minutes which I like.
    I was watching it more for the real estate than anything else and it didn’t disappoint - the wealth in LA is absolutely eye watering.
    I also find it mind blowing that an estate agent over there can make $150,000+ commission on a 2 million dollar house, there is serious money to be made in that business over there. A good estate agent can easily make seven figures a year just by selling a few properties.
    Very entertaining and I’d recommend it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭twirlagig

Has anyone watched ‘Downsizing’? I watched it late last night, loved it at the start but lost interest 2 thirds in or thereabouts

twirlagig wrote: »
    Has anyone watched ‘Downsizing’? I watched it late last night, loved it at the start but lost interest 2 thirds in or thereabouts

I had the misfortune of watching it in the cinema.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,612 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

munster87 wrote: »
    Next goal wins?
    It's an excellent doc the film version should be interesting! Michael Fassbender in the lead!
    Taika Waititi directing as well

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,041 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

twirlagig wrote: »

I saw it at the cinema and it had a dreadful hum of something whose script went through at least half a dozen rewrites, with the final version featuring bits of all of them regardless of whether they fit together coherently. There are some good ideas in it, but it is definitely not the Honey I Shrunk The Kids style comedy adventure it was marketed as.

Imagine the x-men as a bunch of working-class no-hopers without a Charles Xavier figure, just trying to get through each day in an estate somewhere in England - that's basically the pitch for the first two seasons. To be honest the tone of the first episode will tell you if you're going to like it or not.

Joseph Gilgun was good with what he was given to do, but for me his character never moved beyond being a replacement for the person who leaves at the end of the S2 Christmas special, and it wasn't helped by other characters leaving (in ways that felt distinctly more like "the actor wants to be done with this role" than "this is a natural and satisfying conclusion for this character's arc"). Like, it doesn't immediately piss the bed at the start of S3, but there's a definite sense of gradually decreasing returns from there onwards, albeit with occasional highlights like
    the social worker who, upon finding the group in suspicious circumstances, comments "it's five o'clock and I don't give a sh*t", or the social worker karaoke scene.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,789 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Rewatching Brooklyn nine nine for the umpteenth time. God it is brilliant.

Sitcoms like B99, Parks & Rec, IASIP, The Office etc you can just rewatch countless times

Advertisement