Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix Recommendations Thread 3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,261 ✭✭✭munster87

The peanut butter falcon is an easy watch

• Registered Users Posts: 8,054 ✭✭✭joeguevara

PsychoPete wrote: »
    Sitcoms like B99, Parks & Rec, IASIP, The Office etc you can just rewatch countless times

I’ve finished all 6 seasons on Netflix twice in the Last fortnight of B99. In the last 6 months I’ve watched every episode of always sunny at least 9 or 10 times

• Registered Users Posts: 10,102 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

SusieBlue wrote: »
    I spent this week binging all 3 seasons of Selling Sunset. It was a lovely easy watch, and each episode is only 30 minutes which I like.
    I was watching it more for the real estate than anything else and it didn’t disappoint - the wealth in LA is absolutely eye watering.
    I also find it mind blowing that an estate agent over there can make $150,000+ commission on a 2 million dollar house, there is serious money to be made in that business over there. A good estate agent can easily make seven figures a year just by selling a few properties.
    Very entertaining and I’d recommend it.

I loved it. Counted down the days to Season 3 and binge watched it all in one night!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

gmisk wrote: »
    It's an excellent doc the film version should be interesting! Michael Fassbender in the lead!
    Taika Waititi directing as well

Wow a movie version , the doc is available on sky

Ackley Bridge season 1-2
    After years of segregation, two Yorkshire schools merge into one, leading to some intense culture clashes and, just maybe, some unexpected friendships.

Drifters seasons 1-4
    After graduating from university, Meg, her cousin Bunny and their friend Laura share a flat and face the ups and downs of real life together.

Jackass the movie

Rita season 5
    Independent, outspoken and adored by her students, schoolteacher Rita fares less well with adults in this comedy-drama from Denmark.

Star Boot Sale season 1
    To win money for their favorite charities, a group of celebrities compete against each other to sell memorabilia at "car boot" sales.

Added

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86,137 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Nathan (Misfits) is Klaus 4 now still on Netflix :p

• Registered Users Posts: 29,023 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Misfits also gives us a slightly different side of Ramsay Bolton

• Registered Users Posts: 32,612 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

I have watched the first episode of teenage bounty hunters I wasn't expecting much...but...it is a lot of fun

• Registered Users Posts: 43,867 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Binged the first season of "How To Sell Drugs Online (Fast)" today.. really enjoyable!

Didn't see it recommended too often but good fun, well shot and fun references.

Onto season 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭lillycakes2

i need the 3rd season of real housewifes of Beverly Hills, first two seasons are excellent !!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭cdgalwegian

Basq wrote: »
    Binged the first season of "How To Sell Drugs Online (Fast)" today.. really enjoyable!

Onto season 2.

Been meaning to try this out for a while now. Yet another German show getting good reviews.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

Project power a load of piss

• Registered Users Posts: 2,210 ✭✭✭qwabercd

joeguevara wrote: »
    I’ve finished all 6 seasons on Netflix twice in the Last fortnight of B99. In the last 6 months I’ve watched every episode of always sunny at least 9 or 10 times

That means on average you've watched just under 3 hours a day on average just watching it's always sunny..mad if true!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭job seeker

Basq wrote: »

Onto season 2.
    Been meaning to try this out for a while now. Yet another German show getting good reviews.

Just finished season 2! Very good!

It's based on a true story too! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭secondrowgal

I’m not seeing The Misfits on Netflix. Is it gone?

See a post from a couple of days ago , sept 15th its back

• Registered Users Posts: 43,867 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Not released there till September 15th.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,870 ✭✭✭Rfrip

i need the 3rd season of real housewifes of Beverly Hills, first two seasons are excellent !!!

I had to subscribe to hayu to keep going

You do what you have to do during a global pandemic!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,041 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

I stuck on Project Power bexause I generally like Joseph Gordon Levitt, and it was forgettably average. I'm not much of a fan of Jamie Foxx, which doesn't help, although Dominique Fishback puts in a good turn and Levitt is always at least watchable. The main problem with it, really, is that it's trying to do in a single film something that would be better as a series or miniseries (and would benefit from much better writing, tbh). As it is, you get something with a few entertaining notions for superpowers and a gimmick with a lot of potential that instead plays out in the most obvious and predictable way.

Personally I have higher hopes for the upcoming German superhero film, Freaks (not the 2018 film), which Netflix announced recently.

qwabercd wrote: »
    That means on average you've watched just under 3 hours a day on average just watching it's always sunny..mad if true!

Just googled how long it would take to watch every episode. 3 days 5 hours. I have definitely watched every episode 9 or 10 times (maybe 5 for the last season). There is no way I watch it 3 hours every day so maybe my estimation of 6 months can't be right. Definitely no longer than a year. But during lockdown I definitely binged once a fortnight.

Currently half way through Brooklyn Nine nine again. I know it so well that noticing the most minor continuity errors.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

gmisk wrote: »
    I have watched the first episode of teenage bounty hunters I wasn't expecting much...but...it is a lot of fun

Just finished the first ep myself, liked it a lot. It sets up it's main characters and basic premise very quickly and there's a good few laughs too.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Started season 2 of Dirty John, I’m guessing it’s just another woman’s story of having an abusive/controlling husband.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

fin12 wrote: »
    Started season 2 of Dirty John, I’m guessing it’s just another woman’s story of having an abusive/controlling husband.

It’s nowhere near as good as the first season, imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Addle wrote: »
    It’s nowhere near as good as the first season, imo.

Seems a bit slow alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,401 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

qwabercd wrote: »

Did you get in before a Netflix removed the lethal Weapon episode?

Akrasia wrote: »

Insane Clown Posse for life. Did they forget about the Lethal Weapon 6 episode?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

twirlagig wrote: »
    Has anyone watched ‘Downsizing’? I watched it late last night, loved it at the start but lost interest 2 thirds in or thereabouts

Managed 15 minutes a few months ago, couldn't take anymore

Akrasia wrote: »
    I just finished a rewatch but there's no Lethal Weapon any more :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Between Two Ferns: The Movie
    Spoof chat show with Zach Gafiliakis interviewing some big name actors.
    I loved Zach G in Bored to Death but this was poor. Gave up halfway through.
    Probably the best bit was when he asks Matthew McConaughey 'Who do you think will accidentally starve to death first, you or Christian Bale?' :D

• Advertisement

I just finished a rewatch but there's no Lethal Weapon any more :(

Is the second one gone now. Was there a few weeks ago.

Advertisement