Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix Recommendations Thread 3.0

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

peteeeed wrote: »
    its coming to netflix US tomorrow not sure about here

Oh, I always thought you were listing UK/Ireland updates

5th September
    Watchmen (2009)

Is Watchmen (I'm guessing it's the Damon Lindelof show) coming to Ireland this week? It's supposed to be excellent

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,313 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

ShineOn7 wrote: »
    Oh, I always thought you were listing UK/Ireland updates

Is Watchmen (I'm guessing it's the Damon Lindelof show) coming to Ireland this week? It's supposed to be excellent

2009 means it's the Zack Snyder adaptation of the original comic

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

Can't see that show ever coming to Netflix Ireland as it's a HBO Show.

It is excellent though, especially if you read the original graphic novel.

pixelburp wrote: »
    2009 means it's the Zack Snyder adaptation of the original comic

It's such a weird adaption. It's almost a frame by frame remake of the comic, up until the very end, with a great cast for the most part but it is completely soulless.

It would have worked better as a mini-series imo.

The series I absolutely loved.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,991 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

It's on NowTV and that's the only place you're likely to be able to (legally) stream it in Ireland for the near future.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭oppiuy

Still watching this as the wife likes it. It is enjoyable but for me nowhere near the hype i had heard End of season 3 is tense alright and well done, there s just 2 many silly little things that happen.

oppiuy wrote: »
    Still watching this as the wife likes it. It is enjoyable but for me nowhere near the hype i had heard End of season 3 is tense alright and well done, there s just 2 many silly little things that happen.

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,986 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

You know, that show. The one his wife likes, with the actors in. The one on Netflix with occasional silly things.:D

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

You know, that show. The one his wife likes, with the actors in. The one on Netflix with occasional silly things.:D

Is it the one with that actor that was in that other thing that also had a couple of silly things in it iirc? The wife liked that one as well.

Yeah, the end of season 3 was like, woooooooah!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,373 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

If your looking to kill an hour and a half and like a good documentary film, I'd recommend Tread
    I went looking for this the other day but couldn't find it on my UK Netflix :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,213 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

zodiac added tomorrow, fantastic movie about a fascinating case.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,024 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Second season of The Haunting of Hill House called The Haunting of Bly Manor

October 9th.
    https://tvline.com/2020/08/31/the-haunting-of-bly-manor-premiere-date-first-teaser-video/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭cdgalwegian

Just finished series 1 of Umbrella Academy, and here to recommend it those pretty much tired of superhero stuff, like I am.
    den87 wrote: »
    I’ve watched 3 episodes and I’m a bit lukewarm on it (ep 3 probably the best of them) should I stick with it?

By my geometric calculations, it's growing on, you so carry on!:) Well, I found it got more enjoyable as the show went on anyway. Assuming you liked the quirky, unorthodox, and almost dismissive approach to the superhero genre of the first three episodes as a draw, the dysfunctional family dynamic (and their powers) at play is really put to the test as the plot develops, and backstories are fleetingly examined, as it plays with familiar tropes. It can be a bit over-serious, and does try it's hand at light relief, but its really about the family dynamic amid an almost background issue of an unknown impending global apocalypse. It builds up to a good finale.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,373 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

For some reason everything about the umbrella academy annoys me, haven't watched a full episode but don't think I could sit through one at this stage.

zodiac added tomorrow, fantastic movie about a fascinating case.

Best film of the 2000s and Fincher's best too

• Registered Users Posts: 4,247 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

Best film of the 2000s and Fincher's best too

That’s a brave statement cough cough cough the Facebook movie is his best

I'd disagree there. It's not even his second best

I'd give that to 1995's Seven and I'd give the bronze medal to the amazing The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo

The latter was on Netflix for ages but it's gone awhile now. A must see

• Registered Users Posts: 33,329 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Is it the one with that actor that was in that other thing that also had a couple of silly things in it iirc? The wife liked that one as well.

Yeah, the end of season 3 was like, woooooooah!!!

I'd like to buy a vowel and then I think I can solve the puzzle: is it "Dark"?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,620 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

I see Netflix axed a lot of shows a few days back a few shocks I thought especially the society (which was trashy but fun and had been renewed) and I am not ok with this, which I really liked and felt like it was just getting started

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Borgen: Season 1 to 3
    Bookmarks: Celebrating Black Voices
    The Boss Baby: Get That Baby! (Interactive)
    Keeping Up with the Kardashians: Seasons 3 and 4
    Zodiac
    Body Fixers: Season 2
    A Beautiful Mind
    Demolition Man
    Room
    The Sum of All Fears
    Fear
    Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
    They’ve Gotta Have Us: Season 1
    GI Joe: The Rise of Cobra
    H: Seasons 1 to 4
    Couples Come Dine with Me: Season 1
    Come dine with me Season 1
    Top Chef: Seasons 1 to 4
    Curse of Chucky
    Shameless (US): Season 9
    Chasing Liberty
    Sudden Death
    Felipe Esparza: Bad Decisions
    Kill Me Three Times
    Mr Bean: The Animated Series
    Dudley Do-Right
    The Match
    Heidi: Season 2
    Beyblade: Burst Turbo: Season 1
    Indecent Proposal
    Watchmen (2009)
    Zoolander
    Dinner for Schmucks
    True: Friendship Day
    Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
    Black Books: Seasons 1 to 3
    blow
    darkman
    Don't Be a Menace to South Central While Drinking Your Juice in the Hood
    Freddy vs. Jason

added (i think)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Heckler

I haven't seen The Social Network but for me Se7en would be very hard to beat.

A masterpiece that because of its ambiguous time and setting will hardly date at all. 25 years on and is still as good as ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,247 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

Heckler wrote: »
    I haven't seen The Social Network but for me Se7en would be very hard to beat.

A masterpiece that because of its ambiguous time and setting will hardly date at all. 25 years on and is still as good as ever.

I would say Kevin Spacey presence on screen has aged badly

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭DavyD_83

I'd like to buy a vowel and then I think I can solve the puzzle: is it "Dark"?

I'm guessing Line of Futy.
    It does get a bit silly along the way, and is generally the biggest criticism it gets

• Registered Users Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

I reckon a double bill of the 2 Chocolate Factory films is in order, haven't watched them in years! :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Zodiac and Se7en are really good and all, but definitely think The Social Network is comfortably Fincher’s masterpiece to date. The film has dizzying levels of energy and life despite being largely driven by dialogue and tech bro feuding. One of the defining American films of the 10s... or 00s, depending on when you believe a decade begins and ends ;)

Zodiac and Se7en are really good and all, but definitely think The Social Network is comfortably Fincher’s masterpiece to date. The film has dizzying levels of energy and life despite being largely driven by dialogue and tech bro feuding. One of the defining American films of the 10s... or 00s, depending on when you believe a decade begins and ends ;)

There's another film by Fincher that I think is his defining movie and one that is unbelievably iconic but the first rule means I can't talk about it...

I always think of The Social Network more as a Sorkin film than a Fincher one.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

for those who haven't got an account , netflix is teasing you now

https://www.netflix.com/watch-free

• Registered Users Posts: 4,866 ✭✭✭deisedude

peteeeed wrote: »
    for those who haven't got an account , netflix is teasing you now

https://www.netflix.com/watch-free

Really smart model to attract new subscribers. Give away a few episodes of a show for free and suck people in to a subscription

Essentially the digital model of giving away a free sample like food producers do in supermarkets

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭Ikozma

Loving cobra kai and didn't think I would

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

Henry Cavill and Sam Clafin together means that enola Holmes will have to be awful tripe altogether for me not to like it.

Advertisement