Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix Recommendations Thread 3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭Zak Flaps

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    To The Lake- 8 episodes, not bad at all, very watchable, leaves it nicely open for a season 2,

Halfway through this - enjoying it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭Zak Flaps

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Same creative team, otherwise completely separate story and characters(as far as I know).

Hill House is brilliant though, if you haven't watched it you're in for a treat.

I liked this HH up until the last episode, which I thought was sh!t.
    Made me feel like I'd wasted my time.

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭Darksoul

Cobra Kai is a very good watch and clever back stories to it.

Will watch Bly Manor after it ,loved Haunting of hill House.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Overlord
    On the eve of D-Day, several American G.I.s embark on a mission behind enemy lines and uncover a supernatural secret beyond their worst nightmares.

Dr. Seuss' The Grinch
    A grump with a mean streak plots to bring Christmas to a halt in the cheerful town of Whoville. But a generous little girl could change his heart.

Added

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,316 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

peteeeed wrote: »
    Overlord
    On the eve of D-Day, several American G.I.s embark on a mission behind enemy lines and uncover a supernatural secret beyond their worst nightmares.

A surprisingly solid, old school B movie with decent production values. Nothing revolutionary but a good blockbuster. A refreshingly linear, straightforward plot with good stakes and progression. Armchair ww2 bores need not apply however :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Knine

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    To The Lake- 8 episodes, not bad at all, very watchable, leaves it nicely open for a season 2,

I thought it was very entertaining. I just have 2 more left to watch. Looking forward to season 2

• Registered Users Posts: 29,027 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Watched the Fast & Furious Spy Racers season 2.
    Just stupid fun over the top car chases/races and action sequences.
    Yet oddly more believable than the films. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,373 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

So Teenage Bounty Hunters ended up being as good as others suggested. It would have been nice to have a second season but sometimes it's better to burn out than fade away and it's not like it took 7/8 episodes to find it's feet.

Probably a lazy comparison to make but it's a worthy successor to original Veronica Mars while possibly eclipsing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭mightyreds

Darksoul wrote: »
    Cobra Kai is a very good watch and clever back stories to it.

Will watch Bly Manor after it ,loved Haunting of hill House.

In the middle of Bly manor now, not as scary as hill house but I'm still enjoying it alot. Can't not see peppa pig every time Flora talks though.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Sakana

S.M.B. wrote: »
    Probably a lazy comparison to make but it's a worthy successor to original Veronica Mars while possibly eclipsing it.

Seen the recent series? Bizarre. Used to love it.

• Advertisement

Sakana wrote: »
    Seen the recent series? Bizarre. Used to love it.
    Big fan back in the day, contributed to the movie kickstarter but ended up really disliking it whilst watching it amongst a room full of adoring fellow backers. Decided to skip the recent series as I just know I wouldn't enjoy it.

I'm curious whether a show like TBH has a similar passionate following or has the landscape entirely changed over the past ~15 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭santana75

fin12 wrote: »
    I’m a big Adam Sandler fan but that halloween film was absolutely crap.

Watched it earlier......pretty bad alright. Although I've seen worse Netflix movies(that "wedding repeat" or whatever its name is, was truly awful). The best thing I can say about Hubie Halloween is that it looks fantastic, the DP did a great job.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

santana75 wrote: »
    Watched it earlier......pretty bad alright. Although I've seen worse Netflix movies(that "wedding repeat" or whatever its name is, was truly awful). The best thing I can say about Hubie Halloween is that it looks fantastic, the DP did a great job.

I think I laughed once during the whole thing.
    when he was in the hunted house and thought it was real and the actors were like u know this is fake man, I thought that was funny cause he reminds of if someone was like that in the nightmare realm or something

For the rest of it I was literally just on my iPad with it playing in the background.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,789 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Watched American Murder this evening, an absolutely horrible story but
    I felt like the wife wasn't exactly the person her friends and family made her out to be and there's more to that story than what was told. It's good but I wasn't drawn into it as much as I'd like especially with crime documentaries. If it was a premeditated murder he really didn't it through with trying to cover it up even that neighbour knew something sketchy was going on

• Registered Users Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭budgemook

The 40 year old version. A struggling New York playwright decided to reinvent herself before her 40th birthday. This movie is great - highly recommend. Sad, heart warming and really funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,317 ✭✭✭p to the e

Did we ever find out why Line of Duty S5 didn't appear on Netflix?

Had a look there and it's the sole season still available on BBC iPlayer so is most likely exclusively only to be there for at least its first year.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,054 ✭✭✭joeguevara

budgemook wrote: »
    The 40 year old version. A struggling New York playwright decided to reinvent herself before her 40th birthday. This movie is great - highly recommend. Sad, heart warming and really funny.

Thanks for the recommendation. I saw this reviewed previously and a playwright friend of mine saw it over the weekend and said it was brilliant. Will definitely watch it this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭jimmymack

Had a look there and it's the sole season still available on BBC iPlayer so is most likely exclusively only to be there for at least its first year.

Sometime last year I googled when Line of Duty season 5 was due to show up on Netflix, and if I remember rightly the article said each of the previous seasons appeared about a year and a half after airing on the BBC, which would have made it October 2020 for S5. No idea why it's not available now.

The first four series actually disappeared from Netflix for a while earlier in the year so I assumed it wasn't going to appear at all, it was a surprise to see it in the October list!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

jimmymack wrote: »
    The first four series actually disappeared from Netflix for a while earlier in the year so I assumed it wasn't going to appear at all, it was a surprise to see it in the October list!

They're listed as leaving again on October 31st

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,036 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Its out a while but I watched "love on the spectrum" last night. It was late and I was looking for something light to watch, I stayed up till 4 and watched the whole thing!

What a brilliant show about such great young men and women. Big well done to the parents they have worked extremely hard to get them to this stage. So funny, genuine and blunt, in situations where they find its very tough.

I have a son with ASD and it gave me great hope seen how these kids turned out, a level I hope my boy can get too.

I hope they make another season, it was genuinely such a nice show and I hope everyone of these guys find love.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

I think it's been at least a year since Season 5 of Line Of Duty aired though?

Feels like a deal between the BBC and Netflix has gone a bit tits up. It was advertised as Netflix had Season 5 from last week and then it didn't happen

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭Masked Man

I'd read previously that line of duty s 5 might not go to Netflix due to britbox. That might have something to do with it.

That's why I was so pleasantly surprised when they announced season 5 :(

jimmymack wrote: »
    Sometime last year I googled when Line of Duty season 5 was due to show up on Netflix, and if I remember rightly the article said each of the previous seasons appeared about a year and a half after airing on the BBC, which would have made it October 2020 for S5. No idea why it's not available now.

There is no "leaving date" on iPlayer yet so it's hard to know when that's due.

As others have said, britbox could have thrown a spanner in the works.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,213 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

PsychoPete wrote: »
    Watched American Murder this evening, an absolutely horrible story but
    I felt like the wife wasn't exactly the person her friends and family made her out to be and there's more to that story than what was told. It's good but I wasn't drawn into it as much as I'd like especially with crime documentaries. If it was a premeditated murder he really didn't it through with trying to cover it up even that neighbour knew something sketchy was going on

there are a lot more multi part episodes on youtube, about the wife,and the lover,especially the lover.

obviously where he
    buried his wife and hid his childrens bodies,he didnt really think it through,they were gonna get found,at his place of work ffs.

I watched Enola Holmes the other night, I went in completely blind, which I now regret. I tried to stick through to the end but it was just background noise.

I started the K-Drama Strong Girl Bong-soon at the weekend and so far it's great fun, really enjoying it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,436 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Started White Teeth last night. 4 part mini series, from Channel 4, about two ethnic families growing up in London in the 70s/80s. Very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,627 ✭✭✭flasher0030

They're listed as leaving again on October 31st

Jesus. Talk about bad timing. Just started watching it. Literally one episode in.
    Seems very good already.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Final season of Kipo And The Age of Wonderbeasts was added today. I haven't watched it yet but the rest of the series is really great. It's visually stunning and the soundtrack is amazing, and it's got great characters and some really tight story telling. It's a lot of fun but goes to some quite dark places too. I highly recommend it if anyone's looking for a relatively short but entertaining series.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,789 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Barbarians.... arriving 0ct 23rd ...looks like it could be very good.

Advertisement