Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix Recommendations Thread 3.0

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

I was fierce unhappy at the end of the second season because of
    Tim and Dawn not getting together
    .They rectified that in the Christmas special though.I was about to slate the series when the taxi was heading off in the last episode.:P

It's genuinely one of the best endings to a TV show ever

I loved when they had Stephen Merchant's dad do the cameos

Never knew this

Great bit of trivia

ronmerchant.jpg?itok=W1zgd0Ys

peteeeed wrote: »
    Well Stephen merchant wasn't involved in any way, so I suppose it shows what he brought to the scripts and directing

Agreed

They're the Oasis brothers of TV: they could make so much more money if they just got back together

There was 100% a falling out between them

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

A Babysitter's Guide to Monster Hunting
    Recruited by a secret society of babysitters, a high schooler battles the Boogeyman and his monsters when they nab the boy she's watching on Halloween.

Social Distance season 1
    Filmed in isolation, this narrative anthology series features both dark and funny takes on how people strive to stay connected while staying apart.

Matangi/Maya/M.I.A.
    An insider draws on decades of footage for this intimate portrait of rap star M.I.A., from her youth in Sri Lanka to her activism on the world stage.

Time Is Illmatic
    Providing a behind-the-scenes look at the making of Nas's debut album, this documentary also delves into his deep connection to his New York roots.

3 Non-Blondes 2 seasons
    In this hidden-camera show, three bold comedians hit the streets to play outlandish characters and perform skits and pranks on the unsuspecting public.

Teachers seasons 1-4 (not the channel 4 teachers)
    This irreverent comedy follows the chaotic lives, loves and drinking sessions of a group of hapless secondary schoolteachers.

Power Rangers Beast Morphers season 2
    A new breed of secret agents must stop a ruthless computer virus and its minions from stealing the unlimited clean energy source that created them.

Babylon
    Young Black Londoners embrace and explore the city's reggae scene while coping with systemic racism and personal problems.

Bureau of Magical Things
    When a teen accidentally discovers an enchanted realm, she becomes the only one able to unite the human and magical worlds - and save both from evil

Love Like the Falling Rain
    Fearing rejection, a young man struggles to declare his feelings for his best friend, who soon falls for another man -- until a fateful incident.

Centurion
    In 2nd-century Britain, a famed centurion and a handful of Roman soldiers try to survive behind enemy lines after Pict tribesmen decimate the platoon.

Polly Pocket season 1
    After uncovering a magical locket that allows her to shrink in size, Polly and her friends set out on big adventures with petite power.

Rooting for Roona
    In rural India, a child with hydrocephalus gets a chance at life-changing surgery after her photos go viral. This documentary charts her journey.

Fireman Sam season 4

Tattoo Fixers season 3
    Talented tattoo artists spruce up and cover up old designs, transforming regrettable catastrophes in ink into beautiful body art.

added

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Watched first few episodes of Flowers, a. C4 comedy. Very funny so far

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

A documentary about Nas' Illmatic? Yes, please!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

And a documentary about M.I.A.!?!?!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,373 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Thought that Nas documentary was a Netflix original but turns our I already watched this a few years ago.

Might have to watch the new BlackPink one instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭budgemook

S.M.B. wrote: »
    Thought that Nas documentary was a Netflix original but turns our I already watched this a few years ago.

Might have to watch the new BlackPink one instead.

Pretty sure it was on Netflix.

Speaking of hip-hop documentaries - is there any word on the Netflix doc about 2pac? It was being made by the same people who made the Dr. Dre / Jimmy Iovine series if I recall correctly.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,043 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Synode wrote: »
    Watched first few episodes of Flowers, a. C4 comedy. Very funny so far

Olivia Colman and Julian Barratt are both in it, plus it also features (and is written & directed by) Will Sharpe, who was also Rodney in Giri/Haji. I really liked Giri/Haji and his character Rodney was my favourite of the lot. I've only watched the first episode of Flowers so far, but I have high hopes of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,317 ✭✭✭p to the e

Fysh wrote: »
    Olivia Colman and Julian Barratt are both in it, plus it also features (and is written & directed by) Will Sharpe, who was also Rodney in Giri/Haji. I really liked Giri/Haji and his character Rodney was my favourite of the lot. I've only watched the first episode of Flowers so far, but I have high hopes of it.

It's a British production. You really don't have to say Olivia Colman is in it. It's a given.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Choochtown

Started White Teeth last night. 4 part mini series, from Channel 4, about two ethnic families growing up in London in the 70s/80s. Very good.

I'm 2 episodes in and enjoying it. Soundtrack is great.
    Does anyone know why a big chunk (about 8 mins) was cut from episode 1?

Star Trek Discovery: Season 3
    After following Commander Burnham into the wormhole in the second season finale, Season 3 finds the crew of the USS Discovery landing in an unknown future far from the home they once knew. Now living in a time filled with uncertainty, the crew must work together to restore hope to the Federation.
    Episodes arrive weekly after their US debut.

The Trial of the Chicago 7
    In 1968, with the whole world watching, democracy refused to back down. What was intended to be a peaceful protest at the 1968 Democratic National Convention turned into a violent clash with police and the National Guard – and a notorious trial follows. Aaron Sorkin’s drama, starring Sacha Baron Cohen, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Frank Langella and Eddie Redmayne, hits Netflix after a UK cinemas run in early October.

Dream Home Makeover: Season 1
    Dreams come true for real families looking for the perfect home tailored to their own unique style, thanks to Shea and Syd McGee of Studio McGee

La Révolution: Season 1
    During the 18th century, a new disease makes the aristocracy’s blood turn blue. This reimagined history brings a new perspective to the history of France.

Grand Army
    Five students at the largest public high school in Brooklyn take on a chaotic world as they fight to succeed, survive, break free and seize the future.

Someone Has to Die
    In conservative 1950s Spain, the alleged relationship between a young man and a Mexican ballerino creates an uproar of harrowing consequences.

The Da Vinci Code (what a mess )
    When the curator of the Louvre is killed, a Harvard professor and a cryptographer must untangle a web of deceit involving works of Leonardo da Vinci.

The Last Kids on Earth season 3
    When zombies and monsters invade his hometown, a scrappy 13-year-old orphan teams up with his friends in hopes of surviving the chaos

added

• Registered Users Posts: 9,373 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

The Trial of the Chicago 7
    In 1968, with the whole world watching, democracy refused to back down. What was intended to be a peaceful protest at the 1968 Democratic National Convention turned into a violent clash with police and the National Guard – and a notorious trial follows. Aaron Sorkin’s drama, starring Sacha Baron Cohen, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Frank Langella and Eddie Redmayne, hits Netflix after a UK cinemas run in early October.
    New Sorkin! \o/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,249 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

The Da Vinci code is better then sex.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,390 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Third season of Letterman's show starts on Oct 21st. I must finish the previous one.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,213 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Your doing the sex all wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭guapos

Is there only 8 episodes in To the Lake? I thought I'd read that it was self contained series based on a book.

Worth a watch

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭cdgalwegian

529571.png529573.png

The 15:17 to Paris
    Three American buddies on vacation in Europe leap into action when a terrorist attacks passengers on a Paris-bound train. Based on true events.

Three American buddies on vacation in Europe leap into action when a terrorist attacks passengers on a Paris-bound train. Based on true events.

Game Night
    Max and Annie's weekly game night with friends takes a twisted turn when his hotshot brother hosts a murder-mystery party that becomes all too real.

Kick-Ass 2
    In this sequel, high school superhero Kick-Ass has to find a new crime-fighting partner after Hit Girl is suddenly taken out of action.

Rampage
    When a strange chemical mutates three animals into overgrown, aggressive beasts, a primatologist must find an antidote before they destroy the city.

Ready Player One (read the book which was quite good , the movie was poor in my opinion )
    In a world on the brink of collapse, a talented gamer takes the lead in a series of challenges to win ownership of a massive virtual reality universe.

Wonder Wheel
    A Coney Island lifeguard tells the tale of a prodigal daughter on the run from the mob and a passionate stepmother who harbors regrets of her own.

added

• Advertisement

The Da Vinci code slightly better then root canal

fixed it for ya

i quite fancy tackling a scandi / foreign drama next , recommendations please
    borgen is on my list and ive watched all the bridge / killing etc

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭JoeExotic81

Borgen is a must see.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,239 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

We're on season 2 of Borgen, it's a good watch. It's more "problem of he week" than I was expecting though. It's interesting too in that their system seems a lot more similar to Irish politics than the UK or USA which I'm used to seeing in other political dramas.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-8850179/Adam-Sandler-Queen-Latifah-film-scenes-new-Netflix-basketball-drama-Hustle.html

Adam Sandler making another Netflix film, hopefully it will be better than the Halloween one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,841 ✭✭✭TomTomTim

I really enjoyed The Break. It's Belgian, but has a very similar style to the Scandinavian shows.

“The man who lies to himself can be more easily offended than anyone else. You know it is sometimes very pleasant to take offense, isn't it? A man may know that nobody has insulted him, but that he has invented the insult for himself, has lied and exaggerated to make it picturesque, has caught at a word and made a mountain out of a molehill--he knows that himself, yet he will be the first to take offense, and will revel in his resentment till he feels great pleasure in it.”- ― Fyodor Dostoevsky, The Brothers Karamazov

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭Ikozma

As soon as Adam Sandler opened his mouth in his latestest halloween offering I switched off, awful tripe altogether, BTW does he own netflix or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,871 ✭✭✭✭Basq

You're part of the problem.. you watched it! :D

Anyone who complains how bad it is after watching it can't complain that Netflix keeps giving him contracts for more movies.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2020/10/11/netflix-hubie-halloween-is-adam-sandler-most-successful-movie-in-years/

It looked shi*e from trailers and didn't need to watch it to know that

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

TBH he can make as many ****e films as he wants as long as he graces us with an Uncut Gems or Punch Drunk Love every decade or so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭Ikozma

I don't watch trailers, maybe I should

Advertisement