Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix Recommendations Thread 3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭Ikozma

TBH he can make as many ****e films as he wants as long as he graces us with an Uncut Gems or Punch Drunk Love every decade or so.

Uncut gems was a total headwreck

• Registered Users Posts: 11,748 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

The one with Jennifer Aniston was woeful and its a long time since he done anything funny, IE Happy Gilmore and the Waterboy.

Uncut Gems wasn't too bad but it hardly falls into the comedy genre.

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Vestiapx

Really enjoyed the Chicago 7
    Against such a strong cast Ali G really holds his own I love how good comedy actors often are when they are in a drama role.
    Finger crossed for Borat next week

• Registered Users Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

I watched I'm thinking of ending things

Utter utter utter scutter ...type of film that art students pretend they enjoy ...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Ozymandius2011

Started watching La Revolution on Netflix. A drama series about France around the time of the revolution and slightly before.

Having seen some episodes after my initial post, it seems that while good, its also has a paranormal element, including voodoo and necromancy. Reminds me a but of the "Freud" series in that respect.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,054 ✭✭✭joeguevara

Just noticed the entire 4 seasons of Teachers U.K. is added. Was one of my favourite comedy shows from early 2000s. Best way of describing it is inbetweeners crossed with shameless. Never realised a very young James Corden was in it. Highly recommend.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Interior Design Masters season 1
    Aspiring interior designers transform a variety of spaces from dowdy to delightful as they vie for a life-changing contract with a top London hotel.

Nobody's Fool
    A rowdy ex-con uses her criminal know-how to sniff out her sister's online boyfriend -- and the truth about her picture-perfect life.

Added

• Registered Users Posts: 48,211 ✭✭✭✭km79

joeguevara wrote: »
    Just noticed the entire 4 seasons of Teachers U.K. is added. Was one of my favourite comedy shows from early 2000s. Best way of describing it is inbetweeners crossed with shameless. Never realised a very young James Corden was in it. Highly recommend.

Brilliant !
    Will rewatch that

• Registered Users Posts: 4,261 ✭✭✭munster87

peteeeed wrote: »
    The 15:17 to Paris
    Three American buddies on vacation in Europe leap into action when a terrorist attacks passengers on a Paris-bound train. Based on true events.

Three American buddies on vacation in Europe leap into action when a terrorist attacks passengers on a Paris-bound train. Based on true events.

Game Night
    Max and Annie's weekly game night with friends takes a twisted turn when his hotshot brother hosts a murder-mystery party that becomes all too real.

Kick-Ass 2
    In this sequel, high school superhero Kick-Ass has to find a new crime-fighting partner after Hit Girl is suddenly taken out of action.

Rampage
    When a strange chemical mutates three animals into overgrown, aggressive beasts, a primatologist must find an antidote before they destroy the city.

Ready Player One (read the book which was quite good , the movie was poor in my opinion )
    In a world on the brink of collapse, a talented gamer takes the lead in a series of challenges to win ownership of a massive virtual reality universe.

Wonder Wheel
    A Coney Island lifeguard tells the tale of a prodigal daughter on the run from the mob and a passionate stepmother who harbors regrets of her own.

added

You wait for a train in Paris and then 3 come along at once.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭cdgalwegian

MY OCTOPUS TEACHER.
    "A filmmaker forges an unusual friendship with an octopus living in a South African kelp forest, learning as the animal shares the mysteries of her world."
    Interesting backstory to draw you in; beautifully shot, atmospheric, and at times riveting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

munster87 wrote: »
    You wait for a train in Paris and then 3 come along at once.

Oops there's a glitch in the matrix

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭gucci

Ikozma wrote: »
    Uncut gems was a total headwreck

Agree, couldn't understand the dialogue....even with subtitles!

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭kifi

Vestiapx wrote: »
    Really enjoyed the Chicago 7
    Against such a strong cast Ali G really holds his own I love how good comedy actors often are when they are in a drama role.
    Finger crossed for Borat next week

I was disappointed, it seemed too contrived especially the telegraphed comedic exchanges in the courtroom

• Registered Users Posts: 48,211 ✭✭✭✭km79

Hubie Halloween
    It’s the waterboy at Halloween
    I like the Waterboy. I like Halloween. I like Adam Sandler comedies .

If you do as well you will enjoy it.
    If you do not you won’t :D

It’s probably 15 minutes too long though !

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

km79 wrote: »
    Hubie Halloween

I like everything u listed there but did not enjoy hubie Halloween.

Would recommend the film rampage.

Dwayne Johnson is in it . Pretty cool film.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,790 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

I finished watch Sunny for the fifth or sixth time I think, the more I watch the more I notice all the little facial expressions, body language, muttering something under their breath from different characters. It's such a gem of a TV show

• Registered Users Posts: 4,249 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

kifi wrote: »
    I was disappointed, it seemed too contrived especially the telegraphed comedic exchanges in the courtroom

I think eddie redmayne was miscast, a young Tom Cruise would have been perfect in that role.

PsychoPete wrote: »
    I finished watch Sunny for the fifth or sixth time I think, the more I watch the more I notice all the little facial expressions, body language, muttering something under their breath from different characters. It's such a gem of a TV show

Couldn’t agree more. Love it when I see something new that I had missed before. Things like the episode when the public try outs for the Eagles and the coach called them into a huddle. Mac and Dennis asked should they take a knee and the coach replied ‘couldn’t care less if you take a knee or not’. Completely missed what it was the first time.

My mate just can’t get into it so it’s not for everyone.

Anyone watch the inheritance film with Lily Collins? Is she becoming the female version of Adam Sandler? Making lots of Netflix stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

fin12 wrote: »
    Anyone watch the inheritance film with Lily Collins? Is she becoming the female version of Adam Sandler? Making lots of Netflix stuff.

Inheritance isn't a Netflix film.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

Was delighted to find out last night while browsing Netflix that my partner had never seen No Country For Old Men, so got to watch that again.

"It's not violent is it?"
    "No, nothing unusual."

In fairness, it was a long time since I'd seen it. So I had to apologise for the multiple gruesome killings and dead dogs in the first 20 minutes alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,790 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Watched Hubie Halloween yesterday, it's pretty harmless and silly. Sandlers accent is dodgy but I thought it was enjoyable for what it was. Plenty of familiar faces in it

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

PsychoPete wrote: »

I'm rewatching myself.

Just realised Mac's dad is Crate out of Bosch.

Mind blown.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,506 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

peteeeed wrote: »
    i quite fancy tackling a scandi / foreign drama next , recommendations please
    borgen is on my list and ive watched all the bridge / killing etc

Bonus Family is a 3 series gem from Sweden. No murder, just ordinary Swedish going about their business.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭completedit

Bly Manor. Wanted to hate it for some reason but it's good. It's just not very scary, even the jump scares do nothing for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Vestiapx

kifi wrote: »
    Well I suppose it depends on how much was true

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭Zak Flaps

km79 wrote: »
    Hubie Halloween

140 minutes too long !

joeguevara wrote: »
    Things like the episode when the public try outs for the Eagles and the coach called them into a huddle. Mac and Dennis asked should they take a knee and the coach replied ‘couldn’t care less if you take a knee or not’. Completely missed what it was the first time.

I don't get it? All I can think of Kaepernick but it's 10 years early.

• Advertisement

I don't get it? All I can think of Kaepernick but it's 10 years early.

See this is another thing that has blown my mind. I have only started watching it in the last couple of years and had no idea that that episode was from 2007. Such a great show that was prophesising events that would happen in the future.

Advertisement