Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix Recommendations Thread 3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Rebecca
    A young newlywed moves to her husband's imposing estate, where she must contend with his sinister housekeeper and the haunting shadow of his late wife

My Next Guest Needs No Introduction With David Letterman season 3
    TV legend David Letterman teams up with fascinating global figures for in-depth interviews and curiosity-fueled excursions in this talk show.

Brave Blue World: Racing to Solve Our Water Crisis
    From reuse to energy generation, new innovations across five continents are explored in this documentary about building a future for sustainable water.

Enemigo íntimo season 2
    Siblings separated as children who no longer recognize each other are pitted against each other in a war involving drugs, crime and betrayal

My Next Guest Needs No Introduction With David Letterman season 3
    TV legend David Letterman teams up with fascinating global figures for in-depth interviews and curiosity-fueled excursions in this talk show.

added

I feel like a dodgy shop posting this but ......

EjvGiKrVoAI2tyw?format=jpg&name=900x900

Coming in November
    N=Netflix original

November 1st
    Assassination Nation (2018) – Crime Comedy set in the town of Salem whose residents become the victims of a malicious data hack. Revealing the town’s secrets, chaos ensues, leaving four girls struggling in the fight to survive.
    Barbie Dreamhouse Adventures: Go Team Roberts (Season 2) – Animated comedy fun from Mattel’s most popular doll.
    Blended (2014) – The second Romantic-Comedy starring Adam Sandler and Drew Barrymore
    Can You Hear Me? (Season 2) N – French comedy-drama.
    Christmas Break-In (2018) – Family feature starring Denise Richards and Danny Glover.
    Dawson’s Creek (6 Seasons) – Four friends in a sleepy coastal town rely on each other to cope with the growing pains of adolescence.
    Fatal Deceit (2019) – Thriller about a mother who struggles to find the truth when her daughter goes missing on a camping trip with the new neighbors.
    Human Nature (2001) – Comedy starring Tim Robbins and Patricia Arquette.
    Kindred Spirits (2019) – Horror Thriller starring Thora Birch.
    Lineage of Lies (2019) – Thriller
    Music and Lyrics (2007) – Musical rom-com starring Hugh Grant as a washed-up singer who has days to compose a chart-topping hit for a teen idol.
    National Lampoon’s Vacation (1983) – Classic 80s comedy that sees the Griswold family on a disastrous cross-country journey to Walley World theme park.

New York Minute (2004) – Crime comedy featuring the Olsen twins
    Ninja Assassin (2009) – Violent martial-arts action thriller featuring Rain and Naomie Harris
    Police Academy (1984) – 80s comedy centered around a group of misfits police academy students and the instructors who struggle to put up with their antics.
    Richie Rich (1994) – Family comedy starring Macaulay Culkin.
    So Undercover (2012) – Crime-comedy starring Miley Cyrus
    Transformers Rescue Bots Academy (Season 2) – Animated adventure series.
    Voice 2 (Season 2) – South Korean crime-drama.
    White Boy Rick (2018) – crime-drama starring Matthew McConaughey and Richie Merritt.

November 3rd, 2020:
    Felix Lobrecht: Hype (2020) N – Stand-up Comedy special.

November 4th, 2020:
    Love & Anarchy (Season 1) N – Swedish romantic-comedy series.
    The End of the F***ing World (Season 2) – British crime-comedy about two teenagers, James and Alyssa, who embark on a road trip in search of Alyss’s real father.

November 5th, 2020:
    Carmel: Who Killed Maria Marta? (Season 1) N – True-Crime series.
    Citation (2020) N – Nigerian Thriller
    Operation Christmas Drop (2020) N – Holiday rom-com starring Kat Graham and Alexander Ludwig.
    Paranormal (Season 1) N – Hindi period-fantasy horror that pits Dr. Refaat Ismail, a hematologist, against a series of supernatural events.
    The SpongeBob Movie: Sponge on the Run (2020) N – Kids animated feature that sees SpongeBob and his best friend Patrick on a rescue mission to save SpongeBob’s pet snail, Gary.

November 6th, 2020:
    Citation (2020) N – Nollywood Thriller
    Country Ever After (Season 1) N – Goofey American docuseries.
    Spider-Man: Into the Spiderverse (2018) 4K – Academy Award-winning animated superhero adventure. In a parallel New York City, young Miles Morales is the aspiring new Spider-Man after his world’s Peter Parker is KIA. It’s up to Miles to save the Multiverse when fellow Spider heroes arrive in his world.

November 9th, 2020:
    Undercover (Season 2) N – Belgium crime-thriller that sees a group of undercover agents infiltrating a drug ring.

November 10th, 2020:
    A Lion in the House (Season 1) – Documentary that takes place over the course of six years as five families struggle with ups and downs of cancer treatment.
    Dash & Lily (Season 1) N – Romantic drama that sees Dash and Lily trade messages and dares across the city of New York during the holidays.

November 11th, 2020:
    A Queen is Born (Season 1) N – Drag Queen makeover series hosted by Gloria Groove and Alexia Twister.
    What We Wanted (2020) – German drama.

November 13th, 2020:
    Jingle Jangle: A Christmas Journey (2020) N – Family musical centered around the tale of an eccentric toymaker.
    The Life Ahead (2020) N – Drama about an aging Holocaust survivor who forms a bond with a young Senegalese immigrant.
    The Minions of Midas (Season 1) N – Brazilian thriller.

November 15th, 2020:
    The Crown (Season 4) N – The royal family drama continues as Queen Elizabeth must oversee the marriage of her son, Prince Charles, to the Lady Dianna.
    Sorry to Bother You (2018) – Sci-Fi comedy starring LaKeith Stanfield and Tessa Thompson.

November 18th, 2020:
    Holiday Home Makeover with Mr. Christmas (Season 1) N – Reality series.

November 19th, 2020:
    The Princess Switch: Switched Again (2020) N – Duchess Margaret switches places with her double Stacy for a second time before a third look-alike, party girl Fiona, foils their plans.

November 20th, 2020:
    Alien Xmas (2020) N – Animated family adventure that sees Aliens, attempting to steal the Earth’s gravity, come up against the spirit of Christmas.

November 22nd, 2020:
    Dolly Parton’s Christmas on the Square (2020) N – Family musical starring legendary country musician Dolly Parton.

November 24th, 2020:
    Dragons: Rescue Riders: Huttsgalor Holiday (2020) N – Family holiday adventure set in the world of How to Train. Your Dragon.
    What’s Coming to Netflix UK on November 25th, 2020:
    The Christmas Chronicles: Part Two (2020) N – Mrs. Claus takes center stage in Netflix’s sequel to its 2018 smash-hit holiday adventure.

November 27th
    A Go! Go! Cory Carson Christmas (2020) N – Family holiday animated special.
    Dance Dreams: Hot Chocolate Nutcracker (2020) N – Behind-the-scenes docuseries centered on the Debbie Allen Dance Academy.
    Sugar Rush Christmas (Season 2) N – Return of the delicious holiday special baking competition.

November 29th
    Wonderoos: Holiday Holiday! (2020) N – Family holiday animated special.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,249 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

peteeeed wrote: »
    Coming in November
    N=Netflix original

November 1st
    Assassination Nation (2018) – Crime Comedy set in the town of Salem whose residents become the victims of a malicious data hack. Revealing the town’s secrets, chaos ensues, leaving four girls struggling in the fight to survive.
    Barbie Dreamhouse Adventures: Go Team Roberts (Season 2) – Animated comedy fun from Mattel’s most popular doll.
    Blended (2014) – The second Romantic-Comedy starring Adam Sandler and Drew Barrymore
    Can You Hear Me? (Season 2) N – French comedy-drama.
    Christmas Break-In (2018) – Family feature starring Denise Richards and Danny Glover.
    Dawson’s Creek (6 Seasons) – Four friends in a sleepy coastal town rely on each other to cope with the growing pains of adolescence.
    Fatal Deceit (2019) – Thriller about a mother who struggles to find the truth when her daughter goes missing on a camping trip with the new neighbors.
    Human Nature (2001) – Comedy starring Tim Robbins and Patricia Arquette.
    Kindred Spirits (2019) – Horror Thriller starring Thora Birch.
    Lineage of Lies (2019) – Thriller
    Music and Lyrics (2007) – Musical rom-com starring Hugh Grant as a washed-up singer who has days to compose a chart-topping hit for a teen idol.
    National Lampoon’s Vacation (1983) – Classic 80s comedy that sees the Griswold family on a disastrous cross-country journey to Walley World theme park.

New York Minute (2004) – Crime comedy featuring the Olsen twins
    Ninja Assassin (2009) – Violent martial-arts action thriller featuring Rain and Naomie Harris
    Police Academy (1984) – 80s comedy centered around a group of misfits police academy students and the instructors who struggle to put up with their antics.
    Richie Rich (1994) – Family comedy starring Macaulay Culkin.
    So Undercover (2012) – Crime-comedy starring Miley Cyrus
    Transformers Rescue Bots Academy (Season 2) – Animated adventure series.
    Voice 2 (Season 2) – South Korean crime-drama.
    White Boy Rick (2018) – crime-drama starring Matthew McConaughey and Richie Merritt.

November 3rd, 2020:
    Felix Lobrecht: Hype (2020) N – Stand-up Comedy special.

November 4th, 2020:
    Love & Anarchy (Season 1) N – Swedish romantic-comedy series.
    The End of the F***ing World (Season 2) – British crime-comedy about two teenagers, James and Alyssa, who embark on a road trip in search of Alyss’s real father.

November 5th, 2020:
    Carmel: Who Killed Maria Marta? (Season 1) N – True-Crime series.
    Citation (2020) N – Nigerian Thriller
    Operation Christmas Drop (2020) N – Holiday rom-com starring Kat Graham and Alexander Ludwig.
    Paranormal (Season 1) N – Hindi period-fantasy horror that pits Dr. Refaat Ismail, a hematologist, against a series of supernatural events.
    The SpongeBob Movie: Sponge on the Run (2020) N – Kids animated feature that sees SpongeBob and his best friend Patrick on a rescue mission to save SpongeBob’s pet snail, Gary.

November 6th, 2020:
    Citation (2020) N – Nollywood Thriller
    Country Ever After (Season 1) N – Goofey American docuseries.
    Spider-Man: Into the Spiderverse (2018) 4K – Academy Award-winning animated superhero adventure. In a parallel New York City, young Miles Morales is the aspiring new Spider-Man after his world’s Peter Parker is KIA. It’s up to Miles to save the Multiverse when fellow Spider heroes arrive in his world.

November 9th, 2020:
    Undercover (Season 2) N – Belgium crime-thriller that sees a group of undercover agents infiltrating a drug ring.

November 10th, 2020:
    A Lion in the House (Season 1) – Documentary that takes place over the course of six years as five families struggle with ups and downs of cancer treatment.
    Dash & Lily (Season 1) N – Romantic drama that sees Dash and Lily trade messages and dares across the city of New York during the holidays.

November 11th, 2020:
    A Queen is Born (Season 1) N – Drag Queen makeover series hosted by Gloria Groove and Alexia Twister.
    What We Wanted (2020) – German drama.

November 13th, 2020:
    Jingle Jangle: A Christmas Journey (2020) N – Family musical centered around the tale of an eccentric toymaker.
    The Life Ahead (2020) N – Drama about an aging Holocaust survivor who forms a bond with a young Senegalese immigrant.
    The Minions of Midas (Season 1) N – Brazilian thriller.

November 15th, 2020:
    The Crown (Season 4) N – The royal family drama continues as Queen Elizabeth must oversee the marriage of her son, Prince Charles, to the Lady Dianna.
    Sorry to Bother You (2018) – Sci-Fi comedy starring LaKeith Stanfield and Tessa Thompson.

November 18th, 2020:
    Holiday Home Makeover with Mr. Christmas (Season 1) N – Reality series.

November 19th, 2020:
    The Princess Switch: Switched Again (2020) N – Duchess Margaret switches places with her double Stacy for a second time before a third look-alike, party girl Fiona, foils their plans.

November 20th, 2020:
    Alien Xmas (2020) N – Animated family adventure that sees Aliens, attempting to steal the Earth’s gravity, come up against the spirit of Christmas.

November 22nd, 2020:
    Dolly Parton’s Christmas on the Square (2020) N – Family musical starring legendary country musician Dolly Parton.

November 24th, 2020:
    Dragons: Rescue Riders: Huttsgalor Holiday (2020) N – Family holiday adventure set in the world of How to Train. Your Dragon.
    What’s Coming to Netflix UK on November 25th, 2020:
    The Christmas Chronicles: Part Two (2020) N – Mrs. Claus takes center stage in Netflix’s sequel to its 2018 smash-hit holiday adventure.

November 27th
    A Go! Go! Cory Carson Christmas (2020) N – Family holiday animated special.
    Dance Dreams: Hot Chocolate Nutcracker (2020) N – Behind-the-scenes docuseries centered on the Debbie Allen Dance Academy.
    Sugar Rush Christmas (Season 2) N – Return of the delicious holiday special baking competition.

November 29th
    Wonderoos: Holiday Holiday! (2020) N – Family holiday animated special.

No new triple A titles coming any time soon :(

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,239 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Sorry to Bother You is supposed to be great, been wanting to see it for a while.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 41,489 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

The stand out there is spider man: into the multiverse

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Sorry to Bother You is supposed to be great, been wanting to see it for a while.

really good and very weird

• Registered Users Posts: 10,933 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

November 4th, 2020:
    The End of the F***ing World (Season 2) – British crime-comedy about two teenagers, James and Alyssa, who embark on a road trip in search of Alyssa’s real father
    This is/was already on All4. If you loved the first but are skeptical of it continuing, don't be - it's great. And if you haven't seen the first series, what are you doing? Go, go watch it...!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,267 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Rebecca
    A young newlywed moves to her husband's imposing estate, where she must contend with his sinister housekeeper and the haunting shadow of his late wife

A good cast and director but seems to be getting poor reviews.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

sydthebeat wrote: »

You spelt Police Academy wrong...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

Kingp35 wrote: »
    A good cast and director but seems to be getting poor reviews.

I'll give it a watch because it's Ben Wheatley.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,318 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I'll give it a watch because it's Ben Wheatley.

He's a strange director insofar as he has a wide CV that kinda defies a sense of a running theme. His work is never less than interesting but each new film (or random episodes of Dr Who) he directs always ellicit a little bit of a "oh..."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭MrKingsley

really good and very weird

I loved the first hour of it. Really clever and hilarious I thought.

Second half of it went off the rails completely. Not sure in a bad way though. Will definitely go for a rewatch

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

This is/was already on All4. If you loved the first but are skeptical of it continuing, don't be - it's great. And if you haven't seen the first series, what are you doing? Go, go watch it...!

Is this not on Netflix already? I watched the first two episodes months ago, but never back to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,933 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

chrislad wrote: »
    Is this not on Netflix already? I watched the first two episodes months ago, but never back to it.
    Ah maybe (End Of The F**king World). Saw it on the list above and didn't check

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,239 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

It was added to Netflix when it first came out for sure, pretty sure season 2 was made by Netflix themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Mickeroo wrote: »
    It was added to Netflix when it first came out for sure, pretty sure season 2 was made by Netflix themselves.

Nope, it was All4. I was only saying to my wife the other that that I hate they way they use Netflix Original for something that they bought and didn't make themselves.

I think this is a consequence of lumping in Ireland with the UK. I'd say it came to Irish Netflix ages ago, and it only coming to Netflix UK now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭Porthallian

Nope, it was All4. I was only saying to my wife the other that that I hate they way they use Netflix Original for something that they bought and didn't make themselves.

I think this is a consequence of lumping in Ireland with the UK. I'd say it came to Irish Netflix ages ago, and it only coming to Netflix UK now.

Yeah I definitely watched this on Netflix Ireland around April/May. Enjoyed Season 2, but felt that Season 1 was superior.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,656 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

I feel like a dodgy shop posting this but ......

EjvGiKrVoAI2tyw?format=jpg&name=900x900
    Half of them sound made up....hot chocolate nut cracker.... sounds like a seasonal drink from starbucks!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,656 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

sydthebeat wrote: »
    Cracking film.
    It is on the us netflix a while if anyone has access..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,029 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

gmisk wrote: »
    Half of them sound made up....hot chocolate nut cracker.... sounds like a seasonal drink from starbucks!

Or some kind of adult movie

• Registered Users Posts: 48,211 ✭✭✭✭km79

Yeah I definitely watched this on Netflix Ireland around April/May. Enjoyed Season 2, but felt that Season 1 was superior.

It was Defo on Netflix

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,991 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

km79 wrote: »
    It was Defo on Netflix
    It still is on Netflix.

Interesting that if you look at: https://www.justwatch.com/uk/tv-series/the-end-of-the-ing-world you will see that the UK only has one season.

Is this one of those extremely rare occasions where we get a good show that the UK doesn't?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

ixoy wrote: »
    It still is on Netflix.

Interesting that if you look at: https://www.justwatch.com/uk/tv-series/the-end-of-the-ing-world you will see that the UK only has one season.

Is this one of those extremely rare occasions where we get a good show that the UK doesn't?

It happened with Derry Girls too, if I remember correctly.

It's weird that it happens with Channel 4 shows but not BBC ones, given we also have free and legal access to All4, but not iPlayer

• Registered Users Posts: 9,373 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Outside the UK I think it's branded as a Netflix Original. Just like here we get some US shows branded the same way. Really it should be Netflix Exclusive or something similar. I think the current system really erodes their brand.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

Yeah, I saw Derren Brown had Netflix Originals for shows I had seen years ago on Channel 4 - very odd system they have

• Registered Users Posts: 8,790 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Nice to see Police Academy been added, love those films

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Ozymandius2011

New miniseries about voter suppression in the US, called "Whose vote counts, explained". Very detailed without being boring.

https://youtu.be/yn36tY7rNUM

• Registered Users Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭budgemook

New miniseries about voter suppression in the US, called "Whose vote counts, explained". Very detailed without being boring.

https://youtu.be/yn36tY7rNUM

The stuff you should know podcast is about the same thing this week. Topical!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,833 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Watched the first episode of the second series of unsolved mysteries and I’d never heard of this story at the time but yeah its how he got into the dumpster and by who’s hand he got there that is the big question. They seem to not have worked out how the guys house got the way it did prior to his death.

Advertisement