Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix Recommendations Thread 3.0

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭DVDM93

Basq wrote: »
    Sorry, I thought I was in the Netflix Recommendations thread.. :confused:

The Queen's Gambit.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

Basq wrote: »
    Sorry, I thought I was in the Netflix Recommendations thread.. :confused:

Yes, and Netflix recommends not to put up Christmas decorations until 1st December at the earliest

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

The Crown season 4
    This drama follows the political rivalries and romance of Queen Elizabeth II's reign and the events that shaped the second half of the 20th century.

Man Down 4 seasons
    A childish idiot trapped in an adult's body, schoolteacher Dan hates his job, hates his girlfriend-less life and has good reason to fear his dad.

Sorry to Bother You
    After heeding a co-worker's advice, a telemarketer easily climbs up the corporate ladder -- until success lands him in corporate and moral chaos.

Tattoo Fixers on Holiday
    The tattoo crew sets up shop in the sunny Mediterranean to fix the monstrosities and other awful inkings on various holidaymakers.

Zombieland
    Looking to survive in a world taken over by zombies, a dorky college student teams with an urban roughneck and a pair of grifter sisters.

Added

peteeeed wrote: »
    The Crown season 4

Man Down 4 seasons
    A childish idiot trapped in an adult's body, schoolteacher Dan hates his job, hates his girlfriend-less life and has good reason to fear his dad.

Added

I'd highly recommend this, very funny show - I feared for it after Rik Mayall died but they overcame it very well and his "replacement" is gut achingly hilarious

Look out for a very famous, very unlikely cameo as well

• Registered Users Posts: 10,989 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

I'd highly recommend this, very funny show - I feared for it after Rik Mayall died but they overcame it very well and his "replacement" is gut achingly hilarious

Look out for a very famous, very unlikely cameo as well

Dennis Taylor? :pac:

Isy Suttie's character is excellent in it as well.

It's a brilliant series.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭bertiebomber

the crown season 4 is awful the only thing i enjoyed was the narration about how the english oppressed us for years. The killing of mountbatten, the outrage about this season maybe be just related to these comments to be honest they do look like outdated idiots in this season no wonder there is a negative commentary from palaces sources.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,104 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

I'm in the middle of the second episode, found the first episode and the Mountbatten stuff powerful - but he was portrayed as such a dislikeable character anyway that I was almost looking forward to it. The focus on hunting so far is bizarre, and I don't like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,171 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Rfrip wrote: »
    Loved the holidate and il make no apologies for it!

Emma Roberts despite her age just seems too young for a romantic lead, same as Britt Robertson

Luke Bracey is hot

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Emma Roberts despite her age just seems too young for a romantic lead, same as Britt Robertson

Luke Bracey is hot

I really enjoyed Holidate but yeah, I have the same issue with Emma Roberts :D She just seems eternally young. Poor Britt Robertson was still playing teenagers, believably, up until a few years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭bertiebomber

Caranica wrote: »
    I'm in the middle of the second episode, found the first episode and the Mountbatten stuff powerful - but he was portrayed as such a dislikeable character anyway that I was almost looking forward to it. The focus on hunting so far is bizarre, and I don't like it.

Yes its very odd almost like they want you to hate them maybe its being made by Californian /holllywood liberals and they are seeking revenge for the dislike of markle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Loving the australian netflix dramas.

Deep Water was average enough but The Code was excellent

Secret City the piece de resistance.

Got a House Of Cards vibe off of it.

Anna Torv of Mindhunter fame impresses greatly.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭jaffa20

the crown season 4 is awful the only thing i enjoyed was the narration about how the english oppressed us for years. The killing of mountbatten, the outrage about this season maybe be just related to these comments to be honest they do look like outdated idiots in this season no wonder there is a negative commentary from palaces sources.

Have you watched it all? I've watched 6 episodes so far and i think it's the best season so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,938 ✭✭✭cdgalwegian

seligehgit wrote: »

More likely of Fringe fame, as lead in that. She is a bit of a 'cold' actress, but she has a certain je ne sais qua about her. Secret City is a bit slow, with not many moving parts, but I quite liked its simplicity. It's like a pared down American-style 'spook' show. Only watched season 1; haven't got round to watching season 2 yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Caegan

Little gem of a show I'm just starting Glitch, just a great show so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

Yes its very odd almost like they want you to hate them maybe its being made by Californian /holllywood liberals and they are seeking revenge for the dislike of markle.

My eyes can't roll back in my head far enough reading this...

• Registered Users Posts: 60,548 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

She is also Rupert Murdoch’s niece.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭dubstepper

'Sorry to bother you' is good if you didn't catch it first time around

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Arkansas
    https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/arkansas
    A series of mishaps puts a pair of low-level drug runners in the South at odds with their boss -- a mysterious kingpin they've never met.

Life of the Party
    A divorced and dedicated housewife hits reset and enrolls in the same university as her daughter to get her degree and live the full college experience.

added

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

dubstepper wrote: »
    'Sorry to bother you' is good if you didn't catch it first time around
    Watched it last night too. I still can't work out if I think it's good but I enjoyed it. It is bizarre though! Definitely worth watching, but I can imagine a fair number of people not liking it

Loving the australian netflix dramas.

Deep Water was average enough but The Code was excellent

I found The Code to be quite dull, didn't really grab my attention at all

Glitch and Wanted are very good dramas as well - Glitch more sci-fi and Wanted more action-y (not to be confused or collated with the McAvoy/Jolie film, completely different thing)

Been meaning to give Secret City a go for a while now, must get to that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,104 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Started and finished Season 4 of The Crown yesterday. Again, as with other seasons, I was somewhat baffled as to the incidents that focused entire episodes on in some cases. It is very well cast and obviously very gripping as I had no intention of watching all 10 episodes in one sitting!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,043 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

I watched His House over the weekend and I thought it was really good. Strong performances and solid subtext for the horror bits. I prefer my horror tense and uneasy over jumpy and loud, and His House delivered for me - it's as much about the experience of asylum seekers and immigrants as it is about the titular house. It felt similar to the likes of The Babadook, or Under The Shadow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

I watched Ghosts of War for some b-movie horror fun. Avoid like the plague.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

I watched Ghosts of War for some b-movie horror fun. Avoid like the plague.

I thought it started off good but the ending was terrible!,it is a good idea for a story and they could of done so much more with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,992 ✭✭✭DenMan

I'm going to start Space Force today. It's out since the end of May and has been renewed for a second season.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,241 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

DenMan wrote: »
    I'm going to start Space Force today. It's out since the end of May and has been renewed for a second season.

It's not great but it is watchable enough. There's good chemistry between Steve Carrel and John Malkovich at least, which just about saved it for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Irishphotodesk

DenMan wrote: »

found it painful to watch - but like all shows netflix, once we start watching it we watch the full series and then decide if it was good or not.

each to their own - some will like it, some won't.

I watched the first episode of Space Force. It's brilliant, really enjoying it. They're shorter episodes than I thought they'd be.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭completedit

To the Lake..solid Russian show. Didn't like the last episode but its set up for a second season.

• Advertisement

This made me laugh! :D

KluyZ7Dh.jpg

Advertisement