Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix Recommendations Thread 3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Ozymandius2011

Just finished Series 4 of "The Crown". The best so far I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭JoeExotic81

Love and Anarchy is a fun little Swedish series.

Very much in the style of Call My Agent, the French gem. If you loved that you'll enjoy this.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

I watched Ghosts of War for some b-movie horror fun. Avoid like the plague.

I thought it would have been better but the final 20 minutes is shxx

Over Lord or Spectral, nice war /horror mash ups, not sure if Over Lord is netflix

• Registered Users Posts: 16,167 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

I watched Ghosts of War for some b-movie horror fun. Avoid like the plague.

Awful cobbled together shyte.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

I thought it would have been better but the final 20 minutes is shxx

Over Lord or Spectral, nice war /horror mash ups, not sure if Over Lord is netflix

Yeah, Overlord is on Netflix. That's great fun.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭bertiebomber

My eyes can't roll back in my head far enough reading this...

Keep on rolling them back you might see sense !! Ha ha ha dont mind your trolly remark. I think the crown wont be as interesting from now on as its too recent and we have read it all in the papers over & over again - yawn yawn yawn!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Kevin Hart: Zero F**ks Given
    Kevin Hart serves up laughs and brick oven pizza from the comfort of his home, and dishes on male group chats, sex after 40 and life with COVID-19.

We Are the Champions season 1
    Explore an array of unique competitions, from the quirky to the bizarre, and meet their passionate communities in this docuseries.

Ainu Mosir
    A sensitive Ainu teen searches for a spiritual connection with his recently deceased dad while navigating his indigenous identity in a changing world.

The Boss Baby: Back in Business season 4
    The Boss Baby brings his big brother Tim to the office to teach him the art of business in this animated series sprung from the hit film.

added

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭dubstepper

Yeah, Overlord is on Netflix. That's great fun.

Overlord is a bit of craic. Ghosts of war is one of the worst movies I have seen in a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,558 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

DenMan wrote: »
    I'm really enjoying 'To the Lake'. It's set in Moscow during a pandemic and it's dubbed in English. Half way through it now with its eight episode season. It has been renewed for a second season according to Russian media, and may air the end of next year with filming expected in early to mid 2021.

Would never have found this, great shout. Subtitles rather than dubbed though

• Registered Users Posts: 7,992 ✭✭✭DenMan

AdamD wrote: »
    Would never have found this, great shout. Subtitles rather than dubbed though

I don't mind the voices, I'm used to them now. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭ShadyAcres

Just finished season 2 of 'The end of the f***ing world'. Great viewing.

Holiday Home Makeover with Mr. Christmas season 1
    Interior designer Benjamin "Mr. Christmas" Bradley works with a trusty team of "elves" to help families transform their homes for the holidays.

added

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Lefty2Guns

Nearly finished Season 2 of Undercover. Season 2 has been excellent so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,213 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

im looking to buy ,these travel restrictions aint helping at all

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Recently watched Searching , really enjoyed it.

Strange type of movie been done thru the eyes of various phone and laptop lenses but quite suspenseful

https://m.imdb.com/title/tt7668870/

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭guapos

Humans, if you didn't catch it first time around is well worth watching, robot butlers and prostitutes develop consciousness and a normal English family struggle with their relationships with them

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

BBC confirmed Line of Duty season 6 to be released in early 2021.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭den87

Wonder will Netflix get seasons 1-4 back

• Registered Users Posts: 32,668 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Now we're sucking diesel!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,031 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I always wonder for those kinds of docs/series/films, does the subject matter get any money or do they have any say/rights, if still alive?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,875 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

peteeeed wrote: »

The timing is fortuitous.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,241 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

CastorTroy wrote: »
    I always wonder for those kinds of docs/series/films, does the subject matter get any money or do they have any say/rights, if still alive?

Some countries have what's known as Son of Sam laws which prevent serial killers and the like from profiting off their stories. Not sure what the story is here or the UK though.

Road Trip
    A college student cheats on his girlfriend -- and videotapes it. When his friends accidentally mail her the tape, they hit the road to intercept it.

The Princess Switch: Switched Again
    When Margaret's Christmas coronation complicates her love life, her double Stacy steps in to save the day. But will a third look-alike ruin their plan?

added

• Registered Users Posts: 4 FaithPages

Basq wrote: »
    Between Two Ferns was disappointing! :(

What??? it was brilliant!! hahah

• Registered Users Posts: 8,055 ✭✭✭joeguevara

peteeeed wrote: »
    Road Trip
    A college student cheats on his girlfriend -- and videotapes it. When his friends accidentally mail her the tape, they hit the road to intercept it.

The Princess Switch: Switched Again
    When Margaret's Christmas coronation complicates her love life, her double Stacy steps in to save the day. But will a third look-alike ruin their plan?

added

Road Trip is a blast from my college past. On the list. Thanks for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Heckler

Dunno how it went under my radar for so long but am flying through Man Down with Greg Davies. Very good. Rik Mayall was hilarious. Some genuine laugh out loud moments and situations.

I felt there were some perfect moments for pathos that they didn't go for to make Dan that bit more likeable and don't know if i'm glad or not they didn't.

Kid cast are great especially Dennis and Karen. Emma Lipsey reminds me of Christina Applegate.

Anyways I'm liking it a lot.

And I love the Intro. Never skip it.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Jim Leahy

Anyone know if Netflix will show gavin & Stacey or this country for xmas?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,055 ✭✭✭joeguevara

Heckler wrote: »
    Dunno how it went under my radar for so long but am flying through Man Down with Greg Davies. Very good. Rik Mayall was hilarious. Some genuine laugh out loud moments and situations.

I felt there were some perfect moments for pathos that they didn't go for to make Dan that bit more likeable and don't know if i'm glad or not they didn't.

Kid cast are great especially Dennis and Karen. Emma Lipsey reminds me of Christina Applegate.

Anyways I'm liking it a lot.

Is this back? Was on before but was removed a good few months ago. Amazing. Think rick died shortly after. Perfectly paired. You have no idea how happy I am now. Thanks so much.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Heckler

joeguevara wrote: »
    Is this back? Was on before but was removed a good few months ago. Amazing. Think rick died shortly after. Perfectly paired. You have no idea how happy I am now. Thanks so much.

Yup back there. Mayall died after the first season. The Aunty is a good replacement.

Advertisement