Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix Recommendations Thread 3.0

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 90 ✭✭Macu17ab

Buttros wrote: »
    I Watched all of Alice in Borderlands over 3 days. Its... interesting... Obviously i enjoyed it as i watched it in 3 days. Without giving anything away, you get an idea of the content after one episode and for me I was hooked after 2.

I would recommend to anyone that they don’t watch the trailer. It’s not a predictable series and that is the best way to get into it IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

santana75 wrote: »
    Its actually very good. And I thought The transformers movies were terrible. This has something genuine about it.

yup, they simplified it, and made the robot designs / their disguises more in line with what people expected from the cartoon. well worth a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,400 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

Finally getting around to Virgin River.
    I'm really enjoying it.Its cliche and you can see every twist coming about an episode ahead but It's a lovely watch.
    I like the rural setting and even the "shocking" bits
    Paige murdering her ex husband
    feel comfortable.

I saw there hasn't been official word on season 3 but I really hope its renewed.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

I'm really enjoying it.Its cliche and you can see every twist coming about an episode ahead but It's a lovely watch.
    feel comfortable.

I saw there hasn't been official word on season 3 but I really hope its renewed.

Ya the scenery is lovely. Wouldn’t mind having a drink or a few lol in Jacks bar.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭whatever76

feel comfortable.

yes pretty easy watch - must say find hope hard to watch; not the best actress !

• Advertisement

whatever76 wrote: »
    yes pretty easy watch - must say find hope hard to watch; not the best actress !

Her hair is lovely though.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,104 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Loved Virgin River. Perfect for 2020, when you need light but not totally fluffy.

Just finished watching AVa, thought it was pretty good. Love Jessica Chastain. I thought the Yorkshire ripper documentary was supposed to be on Netflix today.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

The Ripper
    In the late 1970s, British police struggle to identify -- let alone capture -- the serial killer known throughout the world as the Yorkshire Ripper

How to Ruin Christmas: The Wedding: Season 1
    Prodigal daughter Tumi tries to make things right after completely ruining what should have been her sister’s picture-perfect Christmas wedding.

Anitta: Season 1
    In this intimate documentary, Brazilian pop queen Anitta opens up about fame, family and her fierce work ethic, revealing the woman behind the hits.

BREAK IT ALL: The History of Rock in Latin America
    Soda Stereo, Café Tacvba, Aterciopelados and others figure in this 50-year history of Latin American rock through dictatorships, disasters and dissent.

Marvel Anime: Wolverine season 1
    Logan, aka mutant X-Man Wolverine, is on a quest to reclaim the love of his life -- whose crime lord father is planning an arranged marriage for her

Marvel Anime: X-Men season 1
    A year after their dissolution, the X-Men are re-assembled by Professor Charles Xavier to investigate the kidnapping of young mutants in Japan

The Spectacular Spider-Man season 1
    This 21st-century edition of animated adventures charts the exploits of Peter Parker, who becomes Spider-Man as a result of a radioactive spider bite

Vir Das: Outside In - The Lockdown Special
    Stage banter takes on a different -- deeper -- meaning as the comedian performs online shows to homebound viewers worldwide from his Mumbai residence.

added

• Registered Users Posts: 10,989 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

fin12 wrote: »
    Just finished watching AVa, thought it was pretty good. Love Jessica Chastain. I thought the Yorkshire ripper documentary was supposed to be on Netflix today.

Thought it was ok but I doubt Chastain would put it on her highlight reel. She's pretty good in it, but it's not far off straight to video standard stuff.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭dubstepper

Watched Ronin last night having not watched it in years. Had forgotten how good it is.

dubstepper wrote: »
    Watched Ronin last night having not watched it in years. Had forgotten how good it is.

the car chase is amazing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Gruffalux

Pribably been talked about ages ago on here but I saw Only The Animals last evening and it is very good. Great acting. Nice bit of weirdness about it all. A bit coincidental in plot line but it has a satisfying feel to it nonetheless.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,250 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

dubstepper wrote: »

Sean Bean at his best !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

Sean Bean at his best !!!

I ambushed you with a cup of coffee!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Bill Ponderosa

Looking forward to Ripper.

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭smurf492

Looking forward to Ripper.

One episode in and very good I thought. Have seen many other episodes on him but there is a level of detail here which is great... Victims are very important and not sidelined like some documentaries

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,809 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

peteeeed wrote: »
    the car chase is amazing

Hard to beat....
    Ronin for the car chase...
    Heat for the shoot out.

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Hard to beat....
    Ronin for the car chase...
    Heat for the shoot out.

well in the shootout in heat , they used blanks so the noise is incredible

• Registered Users Posts: 1,938 ✭✭✭cdgalwegian

peteeeed wrote: »
    well in the shootout in heat , they used blanks so the noise is incredible
    You make blanks sound like an innovation! :D
    I would have preferred if they used real ones tbh. Prefer the realism. Not sure it'd get past the health & safety guy though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭Paul Weller

I would have preferred if they used real ones tbh. Prefer the realism. Not sure it'd get past the health & safety guy though.

Blanks kill too you know

• Registered Users Posts: 1,938 ✭✭✭cdgalwegian

Blanks kill too you know
    I'm drawing a blank on that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,875 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

For some reason, I always remember this guy's death from when I was a kid - Jon-Erik Hexum.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

There is a trend in TV in particular to just go with CGI and pantomimed recoil. Also shows up in some cheap films.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Mr Crispy wrote: »
    For some reason, I always remember this guy's death from when I was a kid - Jon-Erik Hexum.

Always associate it with Brandon Lee.

they trained with live ammunition :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,218 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

The shoot out scene inspired a real life bank heist, a bank robbery in north Hollywood. What really sticks with me is that it was pretty much all broadcast live, and went on for about a half hour. There's been plenty of docs about it but the raw footage from the time is here, the LAPD were under equipped to deal with the 2 guys and it resulted in heavier weapons rolled out into the force.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,847 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

It’ll be interesting to see that Yorkshire ripper series which will hopefully bring new eyes to the utter balls up the police made of the whole thing. The mindset of the police with the “innocent victim” versus prostitutes was clearly a recipe for disaster. That stupid wear side jake hoax which the top brass decided was the key to the case when in reality it probably contributed to more women dying and being injured than should have.

It’s amazing how the police forces in Yorkshire seem to be the ones behind some awful blunders.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭joe40

One of my favourite films of all time last of the Mohicans is on now. Must give it any watch. The battle scenes, scenery, music all fantastic for me anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Odeta

joe40 wrote: »
    One of my favourite films of all time last of the Mohicans is on now. Must give it any watch. The battle scenes, scenery, music all fantastic for me anyway.

... and Daniel Day-Lewis

Advertisement