Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix Recommendations Thread 3.0

Options

Comments

We were going to watch Mosul but felt it’d be too serious of a watch... would anyone recommend it as it looks quite decent..

It'll pass an evening, not terrible.
    One serious "WTF" moment that took from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Fade Into You

The trailer looks good.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,669 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Basq wrote: »
    I absolutely loved 'The Missing' but heard such poor things about 'Baptiste' that I didn't bother watching when BBC aired it.

May watch after Cobra-Kai, which somehow managed to be equal parts brilliant / terrible / ridiculous / cringe / hilarious. Loving it! :D
    I really enjoyed it, maybe not as tightly scripted as the missing, but kept me gripped.

I have only watched a couple of Cobra Kai but it's a lot of fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Whestsidestory

Just finished part 2 of Sanpa, interesting story

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Semi pro (film) with Will Farrell and woody harlesson. Very funny. Would recommend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,211 ✭✭✭✭km79

gmisk wrote: »
    I really enjoyed it, maybe not as tightly scripted as the missing, but kept me gripped.

I have only watched a couple of Cobra Kai but it's a lot of fun.

Watched 2 episodes of C Kai a few months ago . Thought it was awful ( loved the Kk movies )
    Went back to it at end of November . Watched two more . Same verdict
    I REALLY want to like it . Does it get any better ? The acting is terrible .......

• Registered Users Posts: 43,874 ✭✭✭✭Basq

km79 wrote: »
    I REALLY want to like it . Does it get any better ? The acting is terrible .......
    It's a lot of things but if you're watching it expecting good acting given it stars kids and a bunch of "Hollywood has-beens", you're definitely expecting too much!

It's good fun but William Zabka (Johnny Lawrence) is entertaining in it - it's light, breezy, cheesy and filled with nostalgia.

Maybe give it a few more episodes..

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭Debub

I absolutely loved 'The Missing' but heard such poor things about 'Baptiste' that I didn't bother watching when BBC aired it.

May watch after Cobra-Kai, which somehow managed to be equal parts brilliant / terrible / ridiculous / cringe / hilarious. Loving it! :D

hi - is The Missing on Netflix? I couldn't find it

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

Debub wrote: »
    hi - is The Missing on Netflix? I couldn't find it

thanks

Prime

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭Debub

Prime

Brilliant - thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,437 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Dredd is brilliant. Brutal but brilliant!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

Yeah, watched it last night and loved it - a lot better than that Stallone crime against humanity

Although the lady of the house did flinch at some of it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

I was expecting Olivia Thirlby to get some traction from it but she doesn't seem to have done much of note since.

I thought she was great as Judge Andersen.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Watched Spree last night

A bit of a bat**** look at the whole subsribe to me generation but really enjoyed it , Steven from Stranger Things is in it as the lead and he's excellent

• Registered Users Posts: 43,874 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Watched Spree last night

A bit of a bat**** look at the whole subsribe to me generation but really enjoyed it , Steven from Stranger Things is in it as the lead and he's excellent
    Yeah, saw it a few months back as was one of the few movies released in cinema during this "little pandemic” we’ve been having. He’s really good in it to be honest.. very hard to carry a movie when you’re on screen for the entirety. But it’s good dark silly fun!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭completedit

Queens Gambit. I thought it was a solid enjoyable watch, but not really sure why it became as popular as it did. I think it was shot brilliantly and didn't really have a Netflix feel which maybe contributed to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,034 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I was expecting Olivia Thirlby to get some traction from it but she doesn't seem to have done much of note since.

I thought she was great as Judge Andersen.

I'd say if the film did better it may have boosted both their careers.
    Karl Urban has gotten a couple decent roles on tv and I still choose to believe Almost Human is a prequel to Dredd. :)
    Will see what the Mega City One series brings, if they ever get it made.

Roger Waters The Wall

Whether or not you're a fan, well worth watching the 2014 concert, with some poignant road trip footage of him, at war memorials remembering his father and grandfather.

What a concert to have been at... visuals are spectacular.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,211 ✭✭✭✭km79

It's a lot of things but if you're watching it expecting good acting given it stars kids and a bunch of "Hollywood has-beens", you're definitely expecting too much!

It's good fun but William Zabka (Johnny Lawrence) is entertaining in it - it's light, breezy, cheesy and filled with nostalgia.

Maybe give it a few more episodes..

Ok it got better
    It’s very cheesy in parts but I’m enjoying it more since the flashbacks started
    I particularly enjoyed the completely un PC name calling in the dojo !

We Can Be Heroes sequel planned, for anyone that liked the first one, apart from me.

https://tvline.com/2021/01/04/we-can-be-heroes-sequel-netflix-robert-rodriguez/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭dalyboy

Not a Netflix recommendation however I just finished “hunters” on Amazon prime.
    Great show and Al Pacino is top notch.
    Some cool twists and great overall performances

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

dalyboy wrote: »

There's a prime thread elsewhere

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,044 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

dalyboy wrote: »

Please use the Amazon Prime recs thread for stuff that's on Prime :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

History of Swear Words season 1
    Nicolas Cage hosts this proudly profane, funny and engagingly educational series about the history and impact of the most notorious English swear words.

Back to Life season 1
    After 18 years in prison, a woman returns to her hometown and embarks on an awkward -- and often comical -- campaign to reconnect with the community.

Nailed It! Mexico season 3
    The fun, fondant and hilarious cake fails head to Mexico, where very amateur bakers compete to re-create elaborate sweet treats for a cash prize.

added

• Registered Users Posts: 2,318 ✭✭✭p to the e

Watched the sketch series "I think you should leave" over a few days. Each episode is only about 15 minutes so it's an easy watch. Some sketches are misses, some are absolutely bonkers but a lot gave me a good laugh. Overall I'd recommend. Might watch the David Cross and Bob Odenkirk sketches next.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

p to the e wrote: »
    Watched the sketch series "I think you should leave" over a few days. Each episode is only about 15 minutes so it's an easy watch. Some sketches are misses, some are absolutely bonkers but a lot gave me a good laugh. Overall I'd recommend. Might watch the David Cross and Bob Odenkirk sketches next.

The Cross and Odenkirk sketches on Netflix aren't a patch on the Mr Show stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Roger Waters The Wall

Whether or not you're a fan, well worth watching the 2014 concert, with some poignant road trip footage of him, at war memorials remembering his father and grandfather.

What a concert to have been at... visuals are spectacular.

Didn't know it was on Netflix, cheers. One of the best gigs I've ever been at

• Registered Users Posts: 3,862 ✭✭✭mikhail

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Karl Urban has gotten a couple decent roles on tv and I still choose to believe Almost Human is a prequel to Dredd. :)
    Is there a legal way to watch that here? Amazon says the DVD is unavailable and the Prime video option is unavailable in my location.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,669 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

I see the BBC series back to life has been added to Netflix.
    It is really excellent best to almost go in blind to it.
    Hard to classify but it is a sort of dark drama comedy

• Advertisement

mikhail wrote: »
    Is there a legal way to watch that here? Amazon says the DVD is unavailable and the Prime video option is unavailable in my location.

Only places I can see are apple iTunes and Rakuten, though I'm not familiar with buying series from them.

Advertisement