Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix Recommendations Thread 3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

Can anyone tell me if deadpool has disappeared off Netflix please? I was watching it yesterday and now I can’t find it

• Registered Users Posts: 33,334 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Nigzcurran wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me if deadpool has disappeared off Netflix please? I was watching it yesterday and now I can’t find it

Still there, but I'm in Germany.

It;s coming up with a Skull-poop-L emoji image though, which confused me for a moment.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

Still there, but I'm in Germany.

It;s coming up with a Skull-poop-L emoji image though, which confused me for a moment.

Aha brilliant yep I saw that and skipped right past it! Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

Nigzcurran wrote: »

Still on the Irish Netflix. Just checked there now.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,671 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

fin12 wrote: »
    I finished it last night. Very funny. Was there any other sessions?
    Ah brilliant, what do you mean sorry?

There is a second series due this year if that's what you mean :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

gmisk wrote: »
    Ah brilliant, what do you mean sorry?

There is a second series due this year if that's what you mean :)

Ya I meant series , thanks.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,044 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

I watched Spree tonight, starring That Fella Who Plays Steve With The Fantastic Hair In Stranger Things, and it was pretty decent. Not an overly serious affair or anything, it's a dark comedy about social media touching a bit on the gig economy. Like a lighter complement to Gyllenhaal's Nightcrawler. Nothing revolutionary, but does what it sets out to do competently in 90 minutes, which is what I wanted of a Wednesday evening.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,298 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

peteeeed wrote: »
    Surviving Death season 1
    What happens after we die? This docuseries explores personal stories and research on near-death experiences, reincarnation and paranormal phenomena.
    I was inflicted with it. Sweet baby Jesus it was bad - youtube quality

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

I Am Woman
    In the 1960s, Australian singer Helen Reddy struggles with misogyny in the music business -- until she records an anthem for the women's movement.

Pieces of a Woman
    A heartbreaking home birth leaves a woman grappling with the profound emotional fallout, isolated from her partner and family by a chasm of grief.

Tag
    A group of men picks up the annual, no-holds-barred game of tag they've been playing since childhood and targets their undefeated friend.

added

• Registered Users Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭budgemook

I finished Cobra Kai season 3 last night. I'm not sure that I'd recommend it, but I enjoyed it. The flashbacks, tie-in's with the old movies and nostalgia are done pretty well to be fair.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭shrapnel222

budgemook wrote: »
    I finished Cobra Kai season 3 last night. I'm not sure that I'd recommend it, but I enjoyed it. The flashbacks, tie-in's with the old movies and nostalgia are done pretty well to be fair.

same here. season 1 was full of nostalgia and good fun for that reason, season 2 was corny, season 3 is just hilariously bad. We were laughing the whole way through

• Registered Users Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

The Okinawa plotline in Season 3 of Cobra Kai was terrible. All it seemed to be was a chance to go 'Wow, look at more characters after getting old!' And the dude playing John Kreese is obviously having trouble with arthritis or hip/knee problems because he looked very unsteady walking at times - which kind of takes away from the menace ever so slightly.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭into_the_wild

Watched Midnight Sky last night. Probably not the most uplifting thing to watch with what's going on in the world already

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

Watched the platform today. Excellent stuff. Loved it. Spanish language psychological thriller. .Set in a dystopian prison, cells stacked on top of each other with a hole in the middle of the ground so you can see up and down into the other cells. Two prisoners to a cell.

The premise being that at dinner time a feast is on a slab on level 1, and it progresses down through the levels from there. So by the time it gets to the lower levels, there might not be food left. Prisoners are moved to different levels every month, so you could be lucky and be at a high level and get to eat, or not.

So a whole bunch of structures and rules have sprung up in the prison population based around this dinner time ritual.

Thought it was such a fascinating concept.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Probably a bit late, but I'm rivetted after 2 episodes of Alice in Borderland. Parts of ep 2 were really really tense. I was expecting something like Ready Player One but it's so far away from that.

• Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭al87987

D.Q wrote: »
    Watched the platform today. Excellent stuff. Loved it. Spanish language psychological thriller. .Set in a dystopian prison, cells stacked on top of each other with a hole in the middle of the ground so you can see up and down into the other cells. Two prisoners to a cell.

The premise being that at dinner time a feast is on a slab on level 1, and it progresses down through the levels from there. So by the time it gets to the lower levels, there might not be food left. Prisoners are moved to different levels every month, so you could be lucky and be at a high level and get to eat, or not.

So a whole bunch of structures and rules have sprung up in the prison population based around this dinner time ritual.

Thought it was such a fascinating concept.

I really enjoyed this one. Some great commentary on modern society. I found each person represented a different corner of society. There was enough food for all if everyone just took what they ordered.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

I see Staged got a second season which is airing on BBC at moment. Hopefully it will be on Netflix shortly after, I didn't love the first season but it was pleasant enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Loyal Lady

Call My Agent is a gem of a series.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

al87987 wrote: »
    I really enjoyed this one. Some great commentary on modern society. I found each person represented a different corner of society. There was enough food for all if everyone just took what they ordered.

I actually think there is scope to tell different stories within the same premise.

I found myself totally engrossed by the culture that spring up within the prison itself and would definitely be interested in someone revisiting it for a series

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Lefty2Guns

Watched Midnight Sky last night. Probably not the most uplifting thing to watch with what's going on in the world already

I enjoyed Midnight Sky and would recommend it. But your assessment above is pretty accurate, not the most uplifting of movies in these times.

• Advertisement

Lupin: Part 1
    Inspired by the adventures of Arsène Lupin, gentleman thief Assane Diop sets out to avenge his father for an injustice inflicted by a wealthy family.

Stuck Apart
    Entrenched in a midlife crisis, Aziz seeks solace from his mundane job, lonesome friends and rowdy family while pretending to have his act together.

Inside the World’s Toughest Prisons: Season 5
    Netfix’s documentary series returns to give us a look at life behind bars.

Pretend It’s a City
    Wander the New York City streets and fascinating mind of wry writer, humorist and raconteur Fran Lebowitz as she sits down with Martin Scorsese.

The Idhun Chronicles: Part 2
    A boy suddenly orphaned fights his parents’ killer to save a planet, and discovers a new world of danger — and wonder – in this new anime.

Creating The Queen's Gambit
    A fascinating character. Exquisite sets. A wig for every era. The stars, creators and crew reveal how the hit series about a chess prodigy came to life.

added

• Registered Users Posts: 48,211 ✭✭✭✭km79

I am a couple in to season 2 and I agree
    Ive accepted that the main actors are TERRIBLE actors and that it doesn’t take itself too seriously so I’m enjoying it now
    At least I’m assuming it’s not taking itself seriously !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,365 ✭✭✭McGrath5

Arizona

Set in 2009 during the last financial crash, a disgruntled home owner goes on the rampage against the sellers of a new property he purchased at the height of the boom. It's borderline ridiculous in parts but plenty of fun at the same time, well worth a watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,578 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Operation Odessa is a great watch

Two guys living in Miami go to post-soviet Russia and attempt to buy a miltary submarine for the Cartel

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

McGrath5 wrote: »
    Arizona

Set in 2009 during the last financial crash, a disgruntled home owner goes on the rampage against the sellers of a new property he purchased at the height of the boom. It's borderline ridiculous in parts but plenty of fun at the same time, well worth a watch.

Really enjoyed this

• Registered Users Posts: 5,879 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Baptiste was very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Knine

Pieces of a woman was very good but heartbreaking in parts.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭budgemook

Just watched Seven there for the first time in about 20 years. It holds up really well - they really did a great job of making the city they are in look like an absolute hell hole.

I had my second experience of the Mandela effect though (the first being with the ending of Big and Tom Hanks love interest turning up at his school). I distinctly recall the ending being more graphic, I can still picture it, but I looked it up it simply was not. Must have been some other movie - at least I didn’t go down a rabbit hole of rumours about a New Zealand DVD release that had the ending I remembered as was the case with Big :pac:
    The way I remember it is Gwyneth Paltrow’s head was slowly taken from the box and clearly shown. If someone has an idea what movie I’m confusing it with please let me know!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

Just watched Seven there for the first time in about 20 years. It holds up really well - they really did a great job of making the city they are in look like an absolute hell hole.

I had my second experience of the Mandela effect though (the first being with the ending of Big and Tom Hanks love interest turning up at his school). I distinctly recall the ending being more graphic, I can still picture it, but I looked it up it simply was not. Must have been some other movie - at least I didn’t go down a rabbit hole of rumours about a New Zealand DVD release that had the ending I remembered as was the case with Big :pac:
    The way I remember it is Gwyneth Paltrow’s head was slowly taken from the box and clearly shown. If someone has an idea what movie I’m confusing it with please let me know!
    You might be confusing it with the fact that that was going to be the original ending, they even had a head made to shoot the scene that way, but at the last minute they decided it was overkill and unnecessary - that not seeing the head made the scene better

Pictures of the head in the box are out there on the internet so you may have seen a few of them and tied that in as well?

• Advertisement

Once Upon a Time in London
    Organized crime came to London in the 1930s, ushering in three decades ruled by two legendary gangsters whose legacy outlived their reign.

added

Advertisement