Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix Recommendations Thread 3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

Watched Sputnik with subtitles, bit slow in places but the creature is well done

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Nigzcurran wrote: »
    Watched 2 episodes of night stalker and just couldn’t get into it, seems to be just a catalogue of each murder but not much into the actual investigation and seems to be missing an edge that some other similar true crimes series have. I must be missing something as I havnt heard any other negative reviews!

U should watch episode 4 then cause that’s all about him, his arrest and trial.

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭smurf492

Broken Law... Utter drivel... That is all

• Registered Users Posts: 8,437 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

smurf492 wrote: »
    Broken Law... Utter drivel... That is all
    fin12 wrote: »
    Another recommendation:

Broken Law.

Very good. N some funny moments.

I love watching Irish films .

That’s bullsh*t though a guard being denied a loan, they would have banks/credit union throwing loans at them.....

Hmmm. Which to believe? Would love to go with the latter but past experience tells me the former, unfortunately.

Can someone please make a happy Irish film please? I thought Irish people could find humour in anything. Why does this not extend to filmmaking? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 43,877 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Can someone please make a happy Irish film please? I thought Irish people could find humour in anything. Why does this not extend to filmmaking? :rolleyes:
    Try Extra Ordinary.

It's.. grand!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭newirishman

Basq wrote: »
    Try Extra Ordinary.

It's.. grand!

Very much enjoyed this one!

Hmmm. Which to believe? Would love to go with the latter but past experience tells me the former, unfortunately.

Critics love misery, the more empty and miserable you make the film the more they'll love it,

• Registered Users Posts: 43,877 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Critics love misery, the more empty and miserable you make the film the more they'll love it,
    We're Irish.. clearly, we love the misery too. Look at the Late Late on a Friday night talking about abortion, cancer and the like.. all while Norton has a riot over on the other side.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,324 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Critics love misery? Please. 99% of Irish culture, be it books, songs or film wallow in self-flagellation and despair. Whole generations were raised on Peig after all, and other "why life sucks" stories before we got to make our own films. Heck just read the Current Affairs / After Hours forum here, it's wall to wall moan. The Irish are a welcoming people, but ye gods we'll always find a cloud in any silver lining also.

We're Irish.. clearly, we love the misery too. Look at the Late Late on a Friday night talking about abortion, cancer and the like.. all while Norton has a riot over on the other side.

Sat through it on Friday night, first time in about 2 years, I think I'll wait 3 years next time

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Handsome Devil is on Netflix, I think. Fairly light watch and generally happy. The Young Offenders film is great too.
    Not on Netflix but I'd reccomed A Bump Along The Way, Gold, Dating Amber, Grabbers, The Runway, Last Rights, You're Ugly Too, and My Brothers. Varying degrees of happiness and quality but mostly a "worth a watch" rating or above.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,211 ✭✭✭✭km79

Probably best you don’t watch Calm with Horses so :D
    Or Garage

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Laura2021

I started watching The Office USA never watched it when first came out on season 4 at the moment

km79 wrote: »
    Or Garage

Calm with horses isn't great and Garage is just boring, Bad day for the Cut is another no_no unless you are into Deathwish mid Ulster style
    Man about Dog might raise a giggle or two

km79 wrote: »
    Or Garage

I got 5 minutes into Calm with Horses. I managed to finish Garage, just to see if it would get funny at some stage. God, it was desperate.

My personal favourite is Michael Inside. There should be a suicide warning before and after that one. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

Garage isn’t a comedy.

I got 5 minutes into Calm with Horses. I managed to finish Garage, just to see if it would get funny at some stage. God, it was desperate.

My personal favourite is Michael Inside. There should be a suicide warning before and after that one. :rolleyes:

Oh yes I forgot about that one

Your username doesn’t check out :D

Earthhorse wrote: »
    Garage isn’t a comedy.

But yer man Pat Shortt is a comedian so you'd think.......:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,879 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Earthhorse wrote: »
    Garage isn’t a comedy.

I’d say it’s one of the most depressing films I’ve ever seen :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,879 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Laura2021 wrote: »
    I started watching The Office USA never watched it when first came out on season 4 at the moment

It’s brilliant isn’t it! I’m gonna rewatch it I think

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Try Extra Ordinary.

It's.. grand!

Watched it a few weeks ago. Not a Maeve Higgins fan at all but enjoyed this a lot.

Must watch extraordinary so

• Registered Users Posts: 3,211 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

Laura2021 wrote: »

Me and the gf started it when I got tested positive 2 weeks ago. Up to season 7, never watched it before so gave us some laughs. Thought it got a bit weaker as the seasons went on but still a brilliant show.

We both said we'd happily work in that office

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Laura2021

Rfrip wrote: »
    It’s brilliant isn’t it! I’m gonna rewatch it I think

Yes it's very funny didnt think it would be would definitely recommend it

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Anybody got a new flick they'd highly recommend?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Canyon86

Baptiste
    Nightstalker two of the recent ones i watched

• Registered Users Posts: 14,289 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Is garage on Netflix now?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,211 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

seligehgit wrote: »

Falling down
    Fruitvile Station
    Last samurai
    Last of the Mohicans
    Goon
    Venom
    Nightcrawler

Few i enjoyed

Edit: none of them new but a decent watch off the top of my head

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Babyteeth, Proxima and Les Miserables were all added recently and all worthy of a look.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,676 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Saint frances

Advertisement