Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix Recommendations Thread 3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

fin12 - I’ve seen a few concerts on there. Justin Timberlake, Hans Zimmer, Beyonce...
    Search for “concert” or check the music section inside the search area. There’s a handful of them available to watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

I started it but didn’t get past the first episode. I could see she was going to get really bad but all because she was caught cheating in an exam, really?

Nope a lot more to the story then that....

Think it’s pretty good, just one episode left ..

• Registered Users Posts: 55,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Watched Cheat over the weekend. Nice little 4 part drama that ITV puts out from time to time (on Netflix).
    Good story, good twists and a satisfying ending.

Written and directed by women though - it comes across as a bit misandrist? The 2 main male characters are idiots. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

Mr E wrote: »
    Watched Cheat over the weekend. Nice little 4 part drama that ITV puts out from time to time (on Netflix).
    Good story, good twists and a satisfying ending.

Written and directed by women though - it comes across as a bit misandrist? The 2 main male characters are idiots. :o

The husband is an absolute caricature. Really badly written.

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Enright

Can I recommend "The Dig"1193921-netflixs-the-dig-is-a-film-to-treasure

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,242 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I would also say, though, that I didn't like the last 3-4 episodes of the final season AT ALL.

I felt the office suffered a bit too when they had to wrap everything up in the last few episodes. There's kind of a tacked on feeling to them or something.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,324 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Mickeroo wrote: »
    I felt the office suffered a bit too when they had to wrap everything up in the last few episodes. There's kind of a tacked on feeling to them or something.

I quite liked the last episodes but I do enjoy seeing how the cast move on into the sunset with dramas. Not a fan of the mic drop finale. And Parks went the extra mile to make sure we knew how everyone fared, even the likes of Jean-Ralphio ("technically I'm hommmmmmeless...")

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Anna And The Apocalypse was added today.

It's a fairly low budget zombie Christmas musical, sort of, and I loved it!

Undoubtedly it will not be for everyone but it's a lot of fun. The first and last third are great, and the songs are really good too. It wobbles a bit in the middle, plot and songs, but the rest of it is not the worst way to spend an evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,879 ✭✭✭Rfrip

fin12 wrote: »
    Anyone watching cheat?

It’s only alright. Nothing to compared to the other bbc dramas. Only four episodes...watch it if you’ve nothing better to watch!

• Registered Users Posts: 49 seekenee

Movies I'd recommend

Babyteeth
    Only the Animals
    Saint Frances
    Paddleton
    Dolemite is my Name
    Rocks
    Marriage Story
    Support the Girls

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

seekenee wrote: »
    Movies I'd recommend

Babyteeth
    Only the Animals
    Saint Frances
    Paddleton
    Dolemite is my Name
    Rocks
    Marriage Story
    Support the Girls

Support the Girls is great, enjoyed it a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭degsie

The White Tiger is entertaining.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭cannotlogin

Basq wrote: »
    'It's A Sin' on Channel 4 is the best thing I've seen on telly in months!

Had seen this advertised but watched it after seeing your post. It's brilliant and really well done. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

I'd recommend newcomers to Parks and Rec to actually watch the first season to see a rare example of a TV show realising it can do better and upping it's game

It was after the first season aired that Amy Poehler said that she was playing a female Michael Scott rip off and the show would get buried very quickly if they carried on this direction. The creators/writers agreed with with her and changed Lesley from an incompetent buffoon to someone very good at their job who loves their job a bit too much and is constantly pushing others to be their best selves.

It was a remarkable turn around.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Tiffany Haddish Presents: They Ready part 2
    Hand-picked by Tiffany Haddish, six diverse comedians showcase their raw humor in a series of specials oozing with energy.

Our Lady of San Juan, Four Centuries of Miracles
    In this dramatization, the Virgin Mary works a miracle on a girl in 1623 Mexico. Four centuries later, a family make a pilgrimage for their own child.

Kid Cosmic season 1
    A boy's superhero dreams come true when he finds five powerful cosmic stones. But saving the day is harder than he imagined -- and he can't do it alone.

Mighty Express Season 2
    Catch a ride with the Mighty Express -- a team of trains and their kid friends who overcome trouble on the tracks with quick thinking and teamwork!

added

• Registered Users Posts: 32,677 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Has anyone watched the spanish film below zero?
    Trailer had me interested

• Registered Users Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

gmisk wrote: »

It's next on my list, I will watch it either tonight or tomorrow night.

I watched Hotel Artemis and The Dig last night.

Hotel Artemis has the feeling of a B-Movie with a-kind-of A-List cast. I like dystopian films in general and liked the premise of the story taking place in one building, overall though nothing we haven't seen before, just 90 minutes of harmless entertainment.

The Dig on the other hand is very well made. I really like the setting and it is beautifully shot. The story itself isn't moving very fast but I appreciate that it is based on real events so I don't hold it against the film and I thought it is supported by solid performances - especially Carey Mulligan who I wouldn't be a big fan of. If you don;t mind the slow pace, definitely recommended.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

No, don't think anyone has seen it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Knine

Yeah I did. I really liked it. Definitely worth a watch

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,991 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

I'd recommend newcomers to Parks and Rec to actually watch the first season to see a rare example of a TV show realising it can do better and upping it's game.
    They also did a complete character change for Andy. A massive improvement and, without that change, I'm not sure Chris Pratt would be where he is today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Started Locke & Key yesterday, two episodes in and I'm enjoying it so far. It's not nearly as melodramatic as it could be which is a relief but it has some Interesting ideas. It's about a family who move to their father's mysterious childhood house after his death.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

I'd recommend newcomers to Parks and Rec to actually watch the first season to see a rare example of a TV show realising it can do better and upping it's game

We've a shiny new rewatch thread here if you fancy it

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Watched The King (2019) there.

Pretty focking good

• Registered Users Posts: 2,760 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

Watched The King (2019) there.

Pretty focking good

Excellent movie

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭into_the_wild

The Dig is a good one if you don't mind slow paced films

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

Agree. Just finished watching it there now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Heckler

Gotta say I'm nearly finished S2 of Parks and Rec never having seen it and find it a bit underwhelming. Maybe because I've heard so much about it. Its fine and all and good for a binge but meh. Sorry ! Apart from Ron Swanson of course..

I do like Aziz Ansari. Found his own show Master of None excellent. Then I hear he got in some bother.

Anyway I'll keep up Parks and Rec. Its good but so far to me its no way at the standard of the Office.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

ShineOn7 wrote: »
    We've a shiny new rewatch thread here if you fancy it

Just before Christmas I discovered to my horror that the lady of the house had never seen it so in fixing this awful anomaly I had it rewatched before it arrived on Netflix

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Firefly Lane
    Best friends Tully and Kate support each other through good times and bad with an unbreakable bond that carries them from their teens to their 40s.

All My Friends Are Dead (polish)
    A group of friends at a New Year's Eve party go through a whirlwind of events that exposes secrets, breaks hearts -- and leads to a shocking outcome.

Black Beach (Spainish)
    A lawyer with a promising future is forced to deep dive into his past when he agrees to negotiate with an old friend turned kidnapper.

Late Night
    On the verge of being replaced, a longtime talk show host attempts to revamp her brand when a driven woman joins her all-male writers' room

added

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Knine

I only lasted 40 minutes. Nothing much happening in it

Advertisement