Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix Recommendations Thread 3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

I watched the Spanish thriller Below Zero last night and I liked it.
    Very good pace, good atmosphere with the whole cold foggy night element and good use of the tight indoors filming inside the van.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭howamidifferent

Irish Aris wrote: »
    I watched the Spanish thriller Below Zero last night and I liked it.
    Very good pace, good atmosphere with the whole cold foggy night element and good use of the tight indoors filming inside the van.

Did you watch in spanish with subtitles or english dubbed audio with or without subtitles? Would like to give it a watch but the dubbing annoys me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

Heckler wrote: »
    Gotta say I'm nearly finished S2 of Parks and Rec never having seen it and find it a bit underwhelming. Maybe because I've heard so much about it. Its fine and all and good for a binge but meh. Sorry ! Apart from Ron Swanson of course..

I do like Aziz Ansari. Found his own show Master of None excellent. Then I hear he got in some bother.

Anyway I'll keep up Parks and Rec. Its good but so far to me its no way at the standard of the Office.

Im the same started it on Monday and never seen it before just half way through season 2 and its ok ,like you said good for a binge but underwhelming.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

Did you watch in spanish with subtitles or english dubbed audio with or without subtitles? Would like to give it a watch but the dubbing annoys me.

In Spanish with subtitles.
    Not a fan of dubbed versions at all, I think it takes away from the film.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭den87

Im the same started it on Monday and never seen it before just half way through season 2 and its ok ,like you said good for a binge but underwhelming.

My memory might be hazy but I remember feeling the same around the end of season 2 but 3 & 4 are very good

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,991 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

den87 wrote: »
    My memory might be hazy but I remember feeling the same around the end of season 2 but 3 & 4 are very good
    That's my recollection too:
    S1 - Pretty poor
    S2 - Oh this is a good bit better. I like it more now. Will keep watching.
    S3+ - This is great and one of the best comedies I've watched.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

When does Rob Lowe come into it?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

When does Rob Lowe come into it?

Middle of season 3 I think? It got a lot better when Mark left.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,324 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Nope, he's in season 2, when himself and Adam Scott's character turn up to fix Pawnee's budget :)

His appearance was "LITERALLY" the point when the show really took off :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

pixelburp wrote: »
    Nope, he's in season 2, when himself and Adam Scott's character turn up to fix Pawnee's budget :)

His appearance was "LITERALLY" the point when the show really took off :pac:

Wow I'm surprised it was that early.

Personally I enjoyed Parks And Rec on initial viewing but I haven't had any desire to rewatch it as I find the characters quite annoying even when I've turned over to reruns on Sky comedy it just hasnt really done anything for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,841 ✭✭✭hold my beer

FunLover18 wrote: »
    Middle of season 3 I think? It got a lot better when Mark left.

It did. Even though I liked Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

It did. Even though I liked Mark

He was a massive dick in the first season but he became more likeable during season 2, unfortunately the writers couldn't think of anything to do with him so he was written out (and never mentioned again, he didn't even turn up for the finale)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

Re-watching the first season now. It's grand.
    The supporting cast are all given more to do from Season Two onward, and the show benefits from it.

Mark's just a bit of a d*ck. He's probably the most normal person on the show, so he just doesn't fit right. Ben is somewhat his successor, but he's got enough quirks to fit in the rest of the crew. He's normal, but at the same time, he's not.

That said, Mark does deliver one of the best moments of the entire series.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,760 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

Watched the first 4 or 5 episodes of parks and rec and really enjoyed it, some good laughs and if this is the weakest season then I can’t wait for the rest!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,879 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Loved the informer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Hrududu

I’m starting season 4 now that it’s come to Netflix and also am waiting for it to get as good as people have always said. It’s nice and an easy watch but not laugh out loud funny.

It’s been a while since I saw the earlier seasons so I can’t really remember Mark too much, but was he really worse than Ben? The guy is so bland they could have stuck a tie on some wood chip wallpaper and sent it in as a new character in his place.

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭cian68

Hrududu wrote: »
    I’m starting season 4 now that it’s come to Netflix and also am waiting for it to get as good as people have always said. It’s nice and an easy watch but not laugh out loud funny.

It’s been a while since I saw the earlier seasons so I can’t really remember Mark too much, but was he really worse than Ben? The guy is so bland they could have stuck a tie on some wood chip wallpaper and sent it in as a new character in his place.

A long time since I've seen it but when people say it gets good once Mark leaves I don't think it's because they hate Mark or anything. More just the writing finds its stride, they figure out Chris Pratt's character, Rob Lowe arrives.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,055 ✭✭✭joeguevara

Two disappointments was finding true romance and primal fear both removed. Had recommended both to someone and it was murphys law that they tried one after the other to no avail.

The Penn and teller magic show about fooling them is very enjoyable and some excellent magicians.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

A very Swedish heavy day

En Dag Skall Gry
    Vuxna Människor
    Angel
    Konstgjorda Svensson
    Linas kvällsbok
    Blackjack
    Karriär
    Ägget Är Löst!
    Erotikon
    Kvarteret Skatan Reser Till Laholm
    Ingeborg Holm
    Kommissarie Späck
    IRL
    Mälar Pirater
    Terja Vigen
    Froken Chic
    Pengar – en tragikomisk saga
    Herr Arnes Pengar
    Prinsessa
    Lejontämjaren
    Misshandlingen
    Briggen Tre Liljor
    Det stora äventyret
    Norrtullsligan
    Vallfarten till Kevlaar
    Prästänkan
    Den Starkaste
    The Yin-Yang Master: Dream Of Eternity
    Korean Pork Belly Rhapsody: Season 1, Episode 1
    Korean Pork Belly Rhapsody: Season 1, Episode 2

added

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

I have no idea what Korean Pork Belly Rhapsody is, and I'm not going to look it up - but I will be watching it this evening

Something with a title like that has to be given a go

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Jump_In_Jack

Pointless ****e film.
    That Twitter skit summed it up perfectly! Hilarious.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Just had a lunchtime watch of Next starring Nicholas Cage where he can see two minutes into the future.

If you can handle the overdose of melancholy that comes free with every NC movie, it wasn't bad. :D

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Pointless ****e film.
    That Twitter skit summed it up perfectly! Hilarious.

Lots of people loved it. I did. But the sketch is still funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Just had a lunchtime watch of Next starring Nicholas Cage where he can see two minutes into the future.

If you can handle the overdose of melancholy that comes free with every NC movie, it wasn't bad. :D

Yeah definitely watchable. That ending though..... yeeeeeeesh. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,841 ✭✭✭hold my beer

Lots of people loved it. I did. But the sketch is still funny.

Me too. It's beautifully shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,760 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

Just finished watching Damsel, what a waste of my time and electricity, pointless aimless pile of poop

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Mr E wrote: »
    Yeah definitely watchable. That ending though..... yeeeeeeesh. :o
    Just pressed play..

Was looking for something (anything) that wasn't a tv series. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Heckler wrote: »
    Gotta say I'm nearly finished S2 of Parks and Rec never having seen it and find it a bit underwhelming. Maybe because I've heard so much about it. Its fine and all and good for a binge but meh.

giphy.gif?cid=82a1493bgdwfyaq8uekylmm7fw1pf6p6yax3e0dm9bug0uzq&rid=giphy.gif

Advertisement