Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix Recommendations Thread 3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,752 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Watched Miss Bala.(Remake)

Its definitely a recommendation but it did have it's flaws.

Woman gets accidentally involved with Mexican cartel and American DEA after her friend goes missing.

One thing that annoyed me about this was there was no subtitles on the spanish dialogue, you can understand the basic parts but there was a few segments that went over my head..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Heckler

PsychoPete wrote: »
    giphy.gif?cid=82a1493bgdwfyaq8uekylmm7fw1pf6p6yax3e0dm9bug0uzq&rid=giphy.gif

Loads to get through yet ! Watched another 5 or 6 episodes and its defo improving for me. Just finished the Camping Trip.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Thanks to the person who recommended it’s a sin. Brilliant show.

Heckler wrote: »
    Loads to get through yet ! Watched another 5 or 6 episodes and its defo improving for me. Just finished the Camping Trip.

The camping trip was what turned me from liking it to loving it. Enjoy the rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Malcolm & Marie
    Euphoria writer/Director Sam Levinson teamed up with Zendaya and John David Washington for this secret romantic drama, which follows a filmmaker (Washington) and his girlfriend (Zendaya) as they return home following a celebratory movie premiere. As he awaits what’s sure to be imminent critical and financial success, the evening takes a turn when revelations about their relationships begin to surface, testing the strength of their love.

Little Big Women
    A family grapples with the passing of their estranged father and the remnants of the life he led during his absence.

Space Sweepers
    Chasing after space debris and faraway dreams in year 2092, four misfits unearth explosive secrets during the attempted trade of a wide-eyed humanoid.

Strip Down, Rise Up
    In an effort to reclaim their bodies and lives, a group of women explore the intersections of movement and meaning in a powerful pole dancing program.

The Last Paradiso
    In 1950s Italy, a passionate free spirit dreams of love, justice and a better life till a forbidden affair threatens everything.

Hache season 2
    As Helena gains the love and trust of a dangerous heroin cartel leader in 1960s Barcelona, she hones the skills she needs to rise up the ranks

Invisible City Season 1 (Brazilian)
    After a family tragedy, a man discovers mythical creatures living among humans -- and soon realizes they hold the key to his mysterious past.

added

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭dubstepper

Below Zero is a waste of time. A nothing thriller with a half baked plot.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Knine

dubstepper wrote: »
    Below Zero is a waste of time. A nothing thriller with a half baked plot.

I really liked it

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭DVDM93

Below Zero, below average.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,324 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

peteeeed wrote: »
    [...]
    Space Sweepers
    Chasing after space debris and faraway dreams in year 2092, four misfits unearth explosive secrets during the attempted trade of a wide-eyed humanoid.
    [...]
    Space Sweepers (Korean)

added

So good it's listed twice? ;) :pac:

Actually, watching the trailer it looks like a totally overblown space opera, it could be a bit of fun:

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭Xaniaj

pixelburp wrote: »
    So good it's listed twice? ;) :pac:

Actually, watching the trailer it looks like a totally overblown space opera, it could be a bit of fun:

That seems right up my alley, thanks for highlighting it! That's the movie of the night sorted

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭shrapnel222

another vote for the dig. really enjoyed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭Homelander

Yeah that Space Sweepers looks like the perfect sort of popcorn movie I often have trouble finding on any given night.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭stockshares

• Registered Users Posts: 4,446 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Watched "support the girls" last night. What a waste of time that was, nothing happened for the whole runtime. After that and The Vanishing last weekend, I'm in desperate need of a good movie tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 buster parnel

Me too need a good movie to watch any recommendations

• Registered Users Posts: 7,875 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭santana75

Me too need a good movie to watch any recommendations

If you haven't seen it already "Wonder" is really good.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

Anna and the Appocalypse , Scottish musical zombie movie, silly

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Moghead

Would anyone recommend Hache?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭DVDM93

Moghead wrote: »
    Would anyone recommend Hache?

Yes.

Plenty of movies recommended in here to watch while you're smoking it also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

I have no idea what Korean Pork Belly Rhapsody is, and I'm not going to look it up - but I will be watching it this evening

Something with a title like that has to be given a go

This was a disappointment given the title.

It's about the rise of pork belly overtaking rice as the favourite dish of South Korea, starts off interesting enough with a village cooking a pig in a really cool way but then it starts getting technical and I was hungry watching all this food being prepared so I turned it off after 30 minutes

• Registered Users Posts: 32,677 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

I see bonding season 2 has been added.
    It's a dark kinda silly comedy/drama about a woman who becomes a dominatrix and her best friend who acts as her assistant.
    I rather enjoyed the first season.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,106 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

gmisk wrote: »
    I see bonding season 2 has been added.
    It's a dark kinda silly comedy/drama about a woman who becomes a dominatrix and her best friend who acts as her assistant.
    I rather enjoyed the first season.

I enjoyed the first season but thought season 2 was utter tripe.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

I watched Bajo Zero and thought it was pretty good - it's a sort of modern-day Spanish spin on Assault On District 13, with an overnight prisoner transfer convoy coming under attack. Good performances throughout and a decently taut script, although as always with foreign films, the translation sometimes misses some of the sparkle of the original line - e.g. the subtitle reads "my mother said I was born under a lucky star" but the original line is "my mother said I was born with a flower coming out of my arse"
    said as the speaker is retrieving something hidden in his arse

It literally is increasing every year by a euro. They are actually greedy f*ckers cause their subscriptions increased by loads this year due to Covid.

Firefly lane is pretty good.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Heckler

Alright. Parks and Rec has got there. Its literally awesome sauce. And still got 5 seasons to go ! High 5 !

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭den87

Heckler wrote: »
    Alright. Parks and Rec has got there. Its literally awesome sauce. And still got 5 seasons to go ! High 5 !

Glad to hear

• Registered Users Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

I’m switching between Parks & Rec and The Office US. Comedy overload! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,890 ✭✭✭enricoh

I know ricky gervais isn't a lotta people's cup of cha, but really liked after life, got some proper belly laughs out of it anyway.
    20 odd minutes an episode, nice n snappy.

Advertisement