Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix Recommendations Thread 3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Has anyone watched Heartland? Ive just added it to my list. If it’s good I will be happy as there are 13 seasons. Keep me going for a while lol

• Registered Users Posts: 5,879 ✭✭✭Rfrip

fin12 wrote: »
    Has anyone watched Heartland? Ive just added it to my list. If it’s good I will be happy as there are 13 seasons. Keep me going for a while lol

I havnt! But it’s like the kinda ****e we watch though isn’t it!!
    I really enjoyed firefly lane

Rfrip wrote: »
    I havnt! But it’s like the kinda ****e we watch though isn’t it!!
    I really enjoyed firefly lane
    Well ya it was in my recommended list cause I watched firefly lol so hopefully. Ill start it tonight and see what it’s like.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

fin12 wrote: »

E4 used to show it years ago. The first few seasons anyway. I remember it having amazing scenery. It was a bit like Grey's Anatomy but with horses, like every week there was a horse with a specific problem that resonated with one of the characters. That gimmick wears a bit thin after a while, but it's a pretty easy watch without being boring. I'd call it a family show, like something that would be on early on a Sunday evening on BBC.
    I can't believe there's 13 seasons of it! The main character is a teenager at the start, she must be 30 by now.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Five Came Back: The Reference Films (1945)
    This collection includes 12 World War II-era propaganda films -- many of which are graphic and offensive -- discussed in the docuseries "Five Came Back."

Octonauts (2 seasons)
    A team of brave underwater explorers known as the Octonauts combs the world's oceans for aquatic creatures in desperate need of assistance.

The Valhalla Murders season 1
    An Oslo detective with a painful past returns to his native Iceland to help a dedicated cop hunt a serial killer with a link to a mysterious photo.

added

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,400 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

peteeeed wrote: »
    The Valhalla Murders season 1
    An Oslo detective with a painful past returns to his native Iceland to help a dedicated cop hunt a serial killer with a link to a mysterious photo.

added

Putting this one straight on my watchlist!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Informer is a really good watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

Watched Inheritance last night and was left utterly disappointed - 90% of it is a great watch, Pegg is brilliant in it but it just goes totally off the deep end at the end and Pegg goes being brilliant to something that can only be described as an amateur actor coked up to the eyeballs

News of the World
    The film, which is based on Paulette Jiles’ bestselling book, reunites director Paul Greengrass and star Tom Hanks to tell the story of Captain Jefferson Kyle Kidd (Hanks), a veteran of three wars. Five years after the end of the Civil War, he moves from town to town as a non-fiction storyteller, sharing the news of presidents and queens, glorious feuds, devastating catastrophes and gripping adventures from the far reaches of the globe.

Crime Scene: The Vanishing at the Cecil Hotel
    The notorious Cecil Hotel grows in infamy when guest Elisa Lam vanishes. From the creator of The Ted Bundy Tapes, a dive into crime’s darkest places.

Teen Titans Go! to the Movies
    The laughs rarely stop coming in this clever, entertaining meta superhero animation.

Ghosts of Cité Soleil
    This documentary focuses on the end of Jean-Bertrand Aristide's regime in Haiti and tells the tale of sibling gangsters who live in a dangerous slum.

The Misadventures of Hediand Cokeman
    In Paris, two dysfunctional dealers use family ties to try to boost their small drug business in this crass comedy based on the webseries.

its scandi wednesday again

Kalde Fotter
    Ambulancen
    Den Allvarsamma Leken
    Apan
    Asfaltenglene
    Att göra en pudel
    Supervoksen
    Reprise
    Staying Alive
    Frygtelig Lykkelig
    Ond Tro
    Kenny Begins
    Mørke
    Cockpit
    En Som Hodder
    Kronjuvelerna
    Bombay Dreams
    Radiopiratene
    Karlas Kabale
    Opbrud
    Behind Blue Skies
    Kollegiet
    Kinamand
    Barbara
    Cold Lunch
    Den sorte Madonna
    Father of Four: On a Wild Holiday
    Father of Four: The Return of Uncle Sofus
    Karla and Jonas
    Kurt Blir Grusom
    Labrador
    Next Door
    Oh Happy Day
    Oldboys (2009)
    Sprængfarlig bombe
    Stockholm East
    Allt Flyter
    Superbror
    Puss
    Tur & retur
    With Your Permission
    Headhunter (2009)
    Cokeman

added

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭Champagne Sally

I love a good scandi drama, can anyone recommend a good crime drama from the above list?

I've watched Midnight Sun, The Tunnel, Occupied and a few more that I can't think of at the moment.

Thanks in Advance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭john9876

I love scandi dramas but don't recognise any of those, will have to Google reviews.
    Probably breaking the thread rules, but if you have access to C4 player, there's a couple of great ones on Walter presents at the moment, All the Sins & Deliver Us.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

News of the World looks like a goodie, good cast, good director, good reviews...what could possibly go wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭tigger123

Does anyone know where you can check what's on Netflix in the country your about to head to on your holidays (whenever holidays come back again)?

I've tried Just Watch but that just shows the region you're currently in.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭shrapnel222

tigger123 wrote: »
    Does anyone know where you can check what's on Netflix in the country your about to head to on your holidays (whenever holidays come back again)?

a workaround is to use a VPN and check it yourself

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭holly_johnson

donfers wrote: »
    News of the World looks like a goodie, good cast, good director, good reviews...what could possibly go wrong?

I’m halfway through it at the moment and enjoying it so far

https://www.flixwatch.co/

i use this but its not the most accurate site

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

https://unogs.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭budgemook

The Dig - two thumbs up from me. I'm surprised that the naysayers complain that nothing happens - there's loads going on! I was expecting it to be far slower based on some of the comments I read but I found that it tipped along at a decent pace and had plenty of plot to keep me interested.

Everyone seems to agree that it looks great though - this is true, it looks fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,879 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Superstore really is a lovely show!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭santana75

Anyone watched News of the world yet? Is it any use?

• Advertisement

Yes I love it. Love Dina and Glen.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

Watched What Happened, Miss Simone?, sad, poignant and inspiring in equal measure. Incredible performer and story really well told, warts and all. Not an easy watch in parts.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,373 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

santana75 wrote: »
    Someone was half way through it 5 hours ago, the suspense of whether they finished it or not is not unlike a Paul Greengrass movie.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,133 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

I watched Anne with an E . Honestly I am struggling now to finish it . I will watch till the end as I invested time in it but I find Anne seriously annoying in it and a lot of the characters so shallow . I had expected more I must say

• Registered Users Posts: 10,106 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Halfway through the final season (there's a LOT of episodes). It's perfect background fluff.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭Homelander

With regards the Robocop reboot, as someone who absolutely loves the original and the sequel as a guilty pleasure, I thought it was actually fairly good and has some great scenes. One of the better reboots in my opinion, definitely worth a watch if you enjoy sci-fi action movies, though it's really nothing like the original save for the basic premise.

Also just watched that Korean movie Space Sweepers, it's totally daft but I really, really enjoyed it. Bit hokey but great cast and design, a perfect example of a movie that's very solid despite being absolutely nothing you haven't seen 100 times before.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

santana75 wrote: »

It's good. Fairly predictable and nothing groundbreaking but you can't really go wrong with Hanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

The vanishing at the Cecil Hotel. All of the conspiracy/ online know it alls really bothered me in it. Was very dragged out too

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

Caranica wrote: »
    Halfway through the final season (there's a LOT of episodes). It's perfect background fluff.

Yeah. A poor man's Parks and Recreation but definitely worth a watch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,752 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

nocoverart wrote: »
    Yeah. A poor man's Parks and Recreation but definitely worth a watch.

I'm watching the two of them at the moment and around 5 episodes into both of them and so far, I don't think there is much between them.

I have read on here that the first season of P&R is fairly poor though.

Advertisement