Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix Recommendations Thread 3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

S.M.B. wrote: »
    What's it called? I really didn't like too hot to handle.

Are u the one? It all full of Americans so I think that’s why it’s better.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,437 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Laura2021 wrote: »
    Finished The Office USA last night cant believe it's over was a great watch . any recommendations of other comedy series to watch ?

You watched that series with Michael Douglas as the acting teacher?

• Registered Users Posts: 48,211 ✭✭✭✭km79

You watched that series with Michael Douglas as the acting teacher?

What’s this now !

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,241 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

km79 wrote: »
    What’s this now !

The Kominsky Method.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭garra

mikhail wrote: »
    The director, David Ayer, seems to get under people's skin, but I consider this great late Schwarzenegger fare. Maybe I was just relieved to find out no one has any superpowers.

I went to see Iron Man in Dundrum back in the day. Being in my own world half the time, I didn't see any reviews or have an inkling of what it was about, so just joined friends at the cinema and went in assuming it was about a man living in the Iron age. It started with a desert scene and I was happy enough to take in this slow moving depiction of ancient civilizations etc. Imagine my surprise when Robert Downey Jnr burst through the wall in a focking power suit..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭JoeExotic81

fin12 wrote: »

Not Netflix?

Not Netflix?

Yes it on Netflix called are you the one. I’m watching it right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭JoeExotic81

Yes it on Netflix called are you the one. I’m watching it right now.

Ah I'm not on the Irish one! Thanks! Definitely gonna add it to the list! Mad they haven't released season 2 of love is blind yet

• Registered Users Posts: 8,437 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Mickeroo wrote: »
    The Kominsky Method.

That’s the one, thank you. Brilliant series, especially if you have of a more mature outlook on life. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Thus Spoke Kishibe Rohan season 1
    A popular manga creator becomes enmeshed in paranormal events while conducting research: Stand User Kishibe Rohan visits Italy, goes bankrupt and more

added

tomorrow we get Tribes of Europa: Season 1 from the makers of 'dark ' and 'the lives of others'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭Banana Republic 1

Is there a way of changing the aspect ratio of movies on Netflix. I have Netflix as an app on my tv and it seems to lock out the screen settings on the tv. I was watching news of the world the other night and the black bars destroyed the vistas.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,373 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Ah OK, this is a MTV produced show and they've just added the first two seasons to Netflix this side of the pond.

I thought there may have been a new Netflix Original release.

peteeeed wrote: »
    tomorrow we get Tribes of Europa: Season 1 from the makers of 'dark ' and 'the lives of others'

I just watched the trailer. That looks brilliant!

Ah I'm not on the Irish one! Thanks! Definitely gonna add it to the list! Mad they haven't released season 2 of love is blind yet

Oh there a season 2 of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,211 ✭✭✭✭km79

Started Kingdom this morning . I don’t like MMA but It seems very good . A real Prison Break vibe about it

• Registered Users Posts: 7,992 ✭✭✭DenMan

Season 1 of Tribes of Europa arrives tomorrow. It looks very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭shrapnel222

Started Kingdom this morning . I don’t like MMA but It seems very good . A real Prison Break vibe about it

kingdom is very good. well wrapped up also.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

Is there a way of changing the aspect ratio of movies on Netflix. I have Netflix as an app on my tv and it seems to lock out the screen settings on the tv. I was watching news of the world the other night and the black bars destroyed the vistas.

I've not watched it but google tells me it was filmed in 2.39 : 1 which means you would have black bars. That shouldn't ruin vistas as it's the original aspect ratio it was shot in. If your TV auto formatted this to get rid of the black bars by zooming in, cutting off the sides then I can see how that can ruin things.

S.M.B. wrote: »
    Ah OK, this is a MTV produced show and they've just added the first two seasons to Netflix this side of the pond.

I thought there may have been a new Netflix Original release.

Is there two seasons?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭Homelander

Great show, unfortunately got cancelled but the point at which it finishes actually works well enough as an ending even though it wasn't originally meant to be a finale.

The great thing is that it makes it easy to recommend now, so many shows that get cancelled on a cliff-hanger that make watching them pointless for new viewers.

For example Netflix have Colony, a decent sci-fi show that was cancelled abruptly with zero resolution to the story....be infuriating for new viewers to discover this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,373 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Is there two seasons?
    There are two seasons available for me to watch on UK Netlfix so I assume it's the same in Ireland.

MTV have produced 8 seasons of the show already. Not sure if the others will appear on Netflix over time.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭degsie

Homelander wrote: »
    Great show, unfortunately got cancelled but the point at which it finishes actually works well enough as an ending even though it wasn't originally meant to be a finale.

The great thing is that it makes it easy to recommend now, so many shows that get cancelled on a cliff-hanger that make watching them pointless for new viewers.

For example Netflix have Colony, a decent sci-fi show that was cancelled abruptly with zero resolution to the story....be infuriating for new viewers to discover this.

This is a good point. Don't know how many times I've started a series when it suddenly gets cancelled. Makes me think twice on starting a new show and investing time & interest in it. I would often wait so see if a show survives at least two seasons before even considering starting it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,752 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Valhalla Murders is very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭CruelSummer

Really enjoying the first two episodes of Firefly Lane to my surprise. Very good so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

Charlie19 wrote: »

+1 for this

• Registered Users Posts: 8,393 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Behind Her Eyes (6 part TV Mini Series 2021)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Whestsidestory

Charlie19 wrote: »

Yeah I enjoyed it, I'd say it wouldn't entice anyone to live in Iceland!

• Registered Users Posts: 39,855 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

So I watched the third episode of the hotel Cecil and that internet crowd can go and **** off. I’m really not going to watch the final episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭daretodream

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    So I watched the third episode of the hotel Cecil and that internet crowd can go and **** off. I’m really not going to watch the final episode.

I watched the lot and found it really good overall. Keep going...

• Advertisement

Started watching Behind her eyes , it’s pretty good. I think this is going to end up being another binge session... lol

Advertisement