Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix Recommendations Thread 3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Really enjoying the first two episodes of Firefly Lane to my surprise. Very good so far.

It’s brilliant, enjoy.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,752 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Tom Hanks is excellent once again in The News of the World.

Half way through Inhuman Resources, starring none other then Eric Cantona! Good stuff so far

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Tribes of Europa season 1
    In post-apocalyptic Europe, amid wars among microstates, three siblings fight for survival as a greater threat looms over the continent.

Legacy of Lies
    A retired MI6 agent returns to espionage when he teams up with a Ukrainian journalist to expose a series of foreign covert operations.

Perú: Tesoro escondido
    It's a country steeped in cultural traditions that stretch back more than 1,000 years. But Peru is also a land of surprising natural riches

added

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Clue Girl

Finished Cheat which I’d give a 7/10 and looking forward to starting Behind Her Eyes tonight. My other half says he is getting worried about me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Knine

Clue Girl wrote: »
    Finished Cheat which I’d give a 7/10 and looking forward to starting Behind Her Eyes tonight. My other half says he is getting worried about me.

I'm three into Behind her eyes & so far so good!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

Lasted about half an hour into Behind her eyes. Wasn't doing anything for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,343 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Slightly OT but anyone know what’s happening with shows that are about to go live on Disney’s star that are already on Netflix. Things like modern family?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

Lasted about half an hour into Behind her eyes. Wasn't doing anything for me.

I heard the twist ending is ridiculous so decided to look this up instead of watching it. I'm glad I did as it saved me how many wasted hours. If the show is good up to that point then it would have definitely lost me once all that unfolds.

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Mac_Lad71

Laura2021 wrote: »
    Finished The Office USA last night cant believe it's over was a great watch . any recommendations of other comedy series to watch ?

People Just Do Nothing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

I've watched three episodes of Tribes of Europa. Loving it so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭dublin49

I heard the twist ending is ridiculous so decided to look this up instead of watching it. I'm glad I did as it saved me how many wasted hours. If the show is good up to that point then it would have definitely lost me once all that unfolds.

agh no ,it is good fun ,jumped the shark at the end a bit but entertaining and very watchable.I can see it will divide opinion but I think it will prove popular and the ending will be a talking point for the weeks to come.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,631 ✭✭✭flasher0030

I was just having a google there to see when the second season of Messiah was going to be aired. But seems like there will be no Season 2. That's disappointing. So we'll never know if it was real of hoax. :(:(:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭newirishman

Stumbled across "Unforgotten" last weekend, 3 seasons with 6 episodes each. Apparently originally an ITV series.
    Halfway through season 3 now, I think it is is excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Stumbled across "Unforgotten" last weekend, 3 seasons with 6 episodes each. Apparently originally an ITV series.
    Halfway through season 3 now, I think it is is excellent.

Season 4 starts next week also on ITV.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Mickeroo wrote: »
    The Kominsky Method.
    Never heard of that before and started watching it the other night. I am only on episode 4 or 5, and find it good so far, but I think I will find two of the characters very grating if they appear in it often. The actor student that snuck up behind Kominsky's daughter after listening in, and Kominsky's friends daughter that has arrived back and staying with him..

• Registered Users Posts: 29,036 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

salmocab wrote: »
    Slightly OT but anyone know what’s happening with shows that are about to go live on Disney’s star that are already on Netflix. Things like modern family?

https://www.whats-on-netflix.com/news/what-tv-series-will-disney-star-and-netflix-uk-share/

They say they don't know but I'd say whatever deal they currently have for the series won't be renewed. So if Modern Family is scheduled to leave later this year, it likely won't be renewed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

Really enjoying superstore. Silly goodness that just makes you smile, perfecto!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Sam Hain

I've watched three episodes of Tribes of Europa. Loving it so far.

I'm intrigued by this as the trailer looks absolutely terrible. Its looks like Robin Hood meets Mad Max meets Stargate with ropey enough acting and there was a soft enough looking fight scene in the trailer. Will definitely give it a go, as I enjoyed Dark and adore the movie The Life of others, but I was cringing watching the trailer. Does it cater to a certain age group or audience?

• Advertisement

Sam Hain wrote:
    I'm intrigued by this as the trailer looks absolutely terrible. Its looks like Robin Hood meets Mad Max meets Stargate with ropey enough acting and there was a soft enough looking fight scene in the trailer. Will definitely give it a go, as I enjoyed Dark and adore the movie The Life of others, but I was cringing watching the trailer. Does it cater to a certain age group or audience?

I would have been a fan of the lives of others and dark aswell. I think it's very good so far and looking forward to watching the rest of it but then the trailer excited me rather than made me cringe. It's aged 15 and rightly so as there are some violent enough scenes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Sam Hain

I would have been a fan of the lives of others and dark aswell. I think it's very good so far and looking forward to watching the rest of it but then the trailer excited me rather than made me cringe. It's aged 15 and rightly so as there are some violent enough scenes.

Thanks for that, will definitely give it a go.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

Really enjoying the first two episodes of Firefly Lane to my surprise. Very good so far.

Yes it’s good, harmless easy watching. Finished it today... THE ENDING !!!Grrrr

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

peteeeed wrote: »

Even my wife, the furthest thing from a F1 fan you could find, enjoys this.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,677 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Three episodes into the Valhalla murders.
    Really excellent so far!

Finished Tribes of Europa in one day. Unusual for me. I'd definitely recommend. Leaves you hanging for series two but you expect that halfway in.

Omg I just realized the doctors wife in Behind her eyes is Bono’s daughter.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,896 ✭✭✭appledrop

Just watched 3 episodes of White House Farm.

It would send chills down your spine when you think it's a true story.

Will have to finish it tomorrow night, but would highly recommend.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

Uncut Gems is well worth watching. A very interesting film, very different and Sandler is at his best in a very different role too.

• Advertisement

Omg the ending of behind her eyes, so strange and sad. Feel sorry for the child.

Advertisement