Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix Recommendations Thread 3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,756 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

I've only watched the first episode of Behind Her Eyes and not sure what to make of it. Started off good with the sectary because she was a bit of fun but I thought after the dinner party with all the psychiatrist's, I found it to be a bit dull.

Probably will go back to it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭daretodream

Just finished Behind Her Eyes. Quite good, not what I expected at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

I know it’s not sixth sense I’m watching but spoilers fin!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,074 ✭✭✭joeguevara

If you knew me what I am about to say is as crazy and bizarre as you think possible. But if you knew me well its not.

I watched 'are you the one' first season from beginning to end and was as enthralled as I was confused. On the face of it is a generic dating concept where 10 guys and girls have to find someone who is a perfect match to win 50k each.

But when people who an algorithm says they are not a match believe that they are its captivating. Do you disregard feelings for the common goal of cash. Really recommend.

Also have to recommend 'legend of cocaine Island'. Never have I been entertained, shocked or laughed as much as I have with this. I couldn't even begin to describe something as implausible but knowing that it is fact as this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Sam Hain

joeguevara wrote: »
    If you knew me what I am about to say is as crazy and bizarre as you think possible. But if you knew me well its not.

I watched 'are you the one' first season from beginning to end and was as enthralled as I was confused. On the face of it is a generic dating concept where 10 guys and girls have to find someone who is a perfect match to win 50k each.

But when people who an algorithm says they are not a match believe that they are its captivating. Do you disregard feelings for the common goal of cash. Really recommend.

Also have to recommend 'legend of cocaine Island'. Never have I been entertained, shocked or laughed as much as I have with this. I couldn't even begin to describe something as implausible but knowing that it is fact as this.

Terrible just terrible on two counts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Rfrip wrote: »
    I know it’s not sixth sense I’m watching but spoilers fin!!!

What I wrote gave nothing away.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Fate: The Winx Saga - The Afterparty
    Stars of the fiery hit discuss the show's magic, play trivia and chow down on hot wings. Then, Taylor Tomlinson shares how she would use fairy powers.

added

• Registered Users Posts: 4,896 ✭✭✭deisedude

Watched Instant Family starring Mark Wahlberg last night. Lovely heartwarming film with some laugh out loud moments. Similar concept to Big Daddy

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭Lefty2Guns

Watched News of the World last night. Would give it a 3/5.

Its watchable and enjoyable at times but it will be soon forgotten IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Uncut Gems is well worth watching. A very interesting film, very different and Sandler is at his best in a very different role too.

I seem to be one of the few who finds it very over-rated, a bunch of nasty people being nasty to each other and a bit aimless.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭hold my beer

I seem to be one of the few who finds it very over-rated, a bunch of nasty people being nasty to each other and a bit aimless.

I thought it was utter kak. I lasted about an hour

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Nasty and irritating. I mean they did both of those things very well, but I hated it.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭joe40

Stumbled across "Unforgotten" last weekend, 3 seasons with 6 episodes each. Apparently originally an ITV series.
    Halfway through season 3 now, I think it is is excellent.

Season 4 is starting on ITV on Mon night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

appledrop wrote: »
    Just watched 3 episodes of White House Farm.

It would send chills down your spine when you think it's a true story.

Will have to finish it tomorrow night, but would highly recommend.

I finished it last night watched it over two nights and would highly recommend it also,very well acted and a chilling story i never heard about it but read up about it after i finished watching it ,great to see so many Game Of Thrones actors back together as well!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭flasher0030

Uncut Gems is well worth watching. A very interesting film, very different and Sandler is at his best in a very different role too.

I'd definately recommend Uncut Gems. Great energy to it. You won't be bored anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,230 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

deisedude wrote: »
    Watched Instant Family starring Mark Wahlberg last night. Lovely heartwarming film with some laugh out loud moments. Similar concept to Big Daddy

Watched it with the family last week, I thought it was done pretty well in terms of the balance between the humour and the serious issues around the topic.

I maybe in a minority but I also tend to like Wahlberg too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭Pen Rua

Going through my IMDB ratings...

Mudbound (2017) was a very good movie. A white family buys & moves to a farm. At a super high level, the son of the Black workers on the farm goes to fight in WWII and returns. It covers race, among other themes. It's a slow burn with quite a crescendo in the latter quarter. Jason Mitchell & Carey Mulligan are great in it.

Lawless (2012) was a decent watch also, with Shia LaBeouf really strong. Tom Hardy stars also. Three brothers running a moonshine operation. Some very thrilling moments.

Ma Rainey's Black Bottom (2020) was beautiful. It's evident its source is a stage play, but I was absolutely captivated by Chadwick Boseman's performance. He gives a poignant monologue at one point considering he was likely aware that his time was limited when he was filming it.

Not impressed by The Dig (2021), just too slow and not my style.

I was so let down with Uncut Gems (2019) - 2 hrs of Adam Sandler constantly yelling and swearing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭garra

You are not alone, I felt depressed and annoyed watching that bull.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

garra wrote: »
    You are not alone, I felt depressed and annoyed watching that bull.

I hated it! Just so much shouting

• Registered Users Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

Rfrip wrote: »
    I hated it! Just so much shouting

I loved it, bizarre frenetic crazy enjoyable movie, probably the only Adam sandler movie I’ve ever enjoyed!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

I like watching nasty people at times, great show.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

Think I'm turning a corner here guys, after watching The Prom during my Christmas time off myself and the LofH watched AJ and the Queen

It was actually pretty cool, not that I'd know much about the drag queen business but it was very well done and we enjoyed

If ye are looking for something slightly unusual then give it a go

• Registered Users Posts: 10,121 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

I only managed half an episode of AJ and the Queen. Might give it another go.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

Think I'm turning a corner here guys, after watching The Prom during my Christmas time off myself and the LofH watched AJ and the Queen

It was actually pretty cool, not that I'd know much about the drag queen business but it was very well done and we enjoyed

If ye are looking for something slightly unusual then give it a go
    Caranica wrote: »
    I only managed half an episode of AJ and the Queen. Might give it another go.

I am a big fan of RuPaul and watch Drag Race every season.
    AJ and the Queen is pleasant, not something to blow your mind but has its moment and a certain feel-good factor.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,807 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Up to episode 5 of the Valhalla murders, it's pretty cracking I have to say! Finding it more gripping as it goes along.

What Men Want
    Passed over for a promotion, a sports agent with a newfound ability to hear men's inner thoughts uses it to succeed at her male-dominated company.

added

Coming in march (early edition)

March 1st
    A Perfect Day For Arsenide (Season 1) – Hong Kong based series based on Mr. Pizza’s novel.
    Banyuki (2009) – Japanese stage play about a man seeking revenge for his false imprisonment.
    Biggie: I Got a Story to Tell (2021) N – Documentary on famed rapper The Notorious B.I.G.
    Connected – Music documentary on the Argentinian DJ Hernan Cattaneo.

Crazy, Stupid, Love. (2011) – Big ensemble rom-com about a man down on his luck after a divorce who re-enters the dating scene. Starring Steve Carell, Ryan Gosling, Emma Stone, and Julianne Moore.
    How to Be Really Bad / Meine teuflisch gute Freundin (2018) – German comedy about the Devil’s daughter being sent to Earth to recruit people to go to hell.
    Invictus (2009) – Biopic about Nelson Mandela (played by Morgan Freeman) looking to unite the country with Rugby.

Lego Marvel Spider-Man: Vexed by Venom (2019) – Animated special for Marvel’s Spiderman.
    Seven Souls in the Skull Castle (2013) – Japanese action romance where seven spirited souls take on the dark threat growing in shadowy Skull Castle.
    Step Up 4: Miami Heat (2012) – The fourth instalment of the dancing competition series where Emily heads to Miami with the aims at becoming a professional dancer.

March 2nd
    Word Party (Season 5) N – Kids animated series from Jim Henson’s animation company.

March 3rd
    moxie netflix movie amy poehler
    Moxie (2021) N – Amy Poehler’s second Netflix Original movie about a shy 16-year-old who sparks a revolution within her school.
    Murder Among The Mormons (Limited Series) N – Docu-series looking into the events that led a global church to be shaken to its core.

March 4th
    Mariposa (2020) – Indonesian romance movie.
    Pacific Rim: The Black (Season 1) N – Anime mecha series set in the Legendary Pacific Rim franchise.

March 5th
    City of Ghosts (Season 1) N – Animation/live-action hybrid kids series about a group of kids who interview ghosts throughout Los Angeles.
    Dogwashers (2021) N – Colombian Spanish movie about a young aspiring drug lord.
    Fate of Alakada (2020) – Nigerian comedy
    Nevenka: Breaking the Silence (Limited Series) N – True-crime docu-series looking into the first public sexual harassment case in Spain.
    new anime on netflix june 2020 Pokemon Journeys
    Pokémon Journeys: The Series (Part 4) N – The final part of the Pokemon series that arrives exclusively on Netflix US.
    Sentinelle (2021) N – French war movie about a woman who hunts down the man who did unthinkable things to her sister.

March 8th
    Bombay Rose (2019) N – Animated feature from India about a young dancer escaping an arranged marriage.

March 9th
    The Houseboat (Season 1) N – German docu-series where talented engineers build houseboats.

March 10th
    Dealer (Season 1) N – French crime series about a music director who finds himself tangled with a drug crew.
    Marriage or Mortgage (Season 1) N – Reality series where participants are pitched their dream wedding or their dream house.
    Last Chance U: Basketball (Season 1) N – The excellent docu-series that has traditionally focused on American Football teams now shifts its focus to basketball.

March 11th
    Coven of Sisters (2020) N – Spanish period drama set in 1609 about women accused of being witches.
    The Block Island Sound (2020) – Independent horror movie about a fisherman’s family in peril when a force beings literally killing their business

March 12th
    Just in Time (2021) – Comedy about a bookstore clerk who is unexpectedly now taking care of her cousin’s young daughter.
    Love Alarm (Season 2) N – Incredibly popular K-drama returns for its second season on Netflix.
    Paper Lives (2021) N – Turkish drama about a man working in an impoverished neighborhood.
    paradise pd season 3 netflix
    Paradise PD (Season 3) N – The absurd animated sitcom from the creators of Brickleberry ramps up the chaos for season 3.
    The One (Season 1) N – New sci-fi series about a scientist creating a way of finding your soul mate through DNA.
    Yes Day (2021) N – Family movie starring Jennifer Garner about parents who cannot say no to their children’s requests.

March 14th
    Audrey (2020) – Documentary that dives into the life of Audrey Hepburn. Directed by Helena Coan.

March 15th
    The Lost Pirate Kingdom (Season 1) N – Documentary hybrid series about “real-life pirates of the Caribbean violently plunder the world’s riches and form a surprisingly egalitarian republic”.

March 16th
    RebellComedy: Straight Outta the Zoo (2021) N – Stand-up specials.

Savages (2012) – Blake Lively, Aaron Taylor-Johnson, Taylor Kitsch, John Travolta, Benicio del Toro and Selma Hayek feature in this action crime thriller about two pot growers going up against the Mexican drug cartel.
    Waffles + Mochi (Season 1) N – New kids series with puppets with former first lady, Michelle Obama hosting.

March 17th
    Catch.er – Mystery thriller about a man becoming a prime suspect in his wife’s murders.
    Under Suspicion: Uncovering the Wesphael Case (Season 1) N – Docuseries looking into the court case of the Belgium politician Bernard Wesphael accused of murdering his wife.

March 18th
    B: The Beginning (Season 2) N – Long-awaited anime series returns for another season.
    Deadly Illusions (2021) – Thriller about a novelist hiring a woman to become her nanny when she starts to realize the fiction she writes turns to reality.
    Nate Bargatze: The Greatest Average American (2021) N – Stand-up special.
    Skylines (2020) – British sci-fi feature about a virus turning hybrid aliens against the remaining humans.

March 19th
    Alien TV (Season 2) N – Kids series where Alien reporters report back home about their findings on Earth.
    Country Comfort (Season 1) N – Comedy sitcom series about an aspiring country singer taking on the job of a nanny.
    Formula 1: Drive to Survive (Season 3) N – The third season of the sports docu-series taking a look back at the biggest stories in the 2020 F1 season.

Sky Rojo (Season 1) N – The next series from Money Heist creator Alex Pina about three night workers on the run from their pimp boss.
    What’s Coming to Netflix on March 20th
    Jiu Jitsu (2020) – Nicolas Cage features in this sci-fi epic about an ancient order of fighters battling powerful space invaders.

March 25th
    DOTA: Dragon’s Blood (Season 1) N – Anime series based on the Valve Software MOBA.

March 26th
    Bad Trip (2020) – Lil Rel Howery and Eric Andre team in this comedy that combines a buddy road-trip comedy and real hidden camera prank show.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,244 ✭✭✭✭km79

Last Chance U and F1
    That will keep my weekends ticking over

• Registered Users Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

Watched The Meg yesterday morning.

It was grand. Easy watching (as much as shark movies can be).

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,280 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Watched The Meg yesterday morning.

It was grand. Easy watching (as much as shark movies can be).

Thought that was on Prime here not Netflix.

Advertisement