Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix Recommendations Thread 3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,133 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

I just finished White House Farm and found it very interesting .Its a true story and I vaguely remember the case

• Registered Users Posts: 11,752 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Started watching His House last night and looks interesting. It's about a family of refugees finding a home in London but the house has something mysterious lurking.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8508734/

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭thehairygrape

Two most recent watched: Ratched and Behind her Eyes. Both equally ludicrous but enjoyed both. 7/10 in each case. Ratched has a great cast. Took me a while to recognize Vincent D'Onofrio. Most of the characters are nuts. Cynthia Nixon was excellent.
    Behind her Eyes. What can I say? Don't want to give anything away. Good acting. Hard to warm to the characters (except the son). Eve Hewson can act though.

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭Debub

we finished watching Informer last night - nice one, just after we finished Valhalla Murders - 2 in a row good watch

• Registered Users Posts: 48,211 ✭✭✭✭km79

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    I just finished White House Farm and found it very interesting .Its a true story and I vaguely remember the case

Oh that makes a difference ! I watched first episode last night and wasn’t sure if I would continue. I thought it was a fictional drama.
    The fact it’s a true story makes it much more interesting
    Thanks for that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Knine

km79 wrote: »
    Oh that makes a difference ! I watched first episode last night and wasn’t sure if I would continue. I thought it was a fictional drama.
    The fact it’s a true story makes it much more interesting
    Thanks for that

I'm on the second now & it is definitely worth sticking with

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

Watched Athlete A over the weekend. God, those poor girls. Great documentary though.

The Kominsky Method gave us a much needed uplift after watching Athlete A. Great show.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Detroit
    The deaths of three African American men at the hands of Detroit police in 1967 ignite civil unrest and deadly protests. Based on true events.

Capone (Tom Hardy)
    For years, he ruled Chicago during Prohibition. Now, the aging king of the criminal underworld is out of prison and haunted by his violent past

High-Rise Invasion Season 1(Manga)
    High schooler Yuri finds herself atop a skyscraper in a strange world, where she must survive against masked assailants bent on killing their prey.

added

• Registered Users Posts: 32,676 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

peteeeed wrote: »
    Detroit
    The deaths of three African American men at the hands of Detroit police in 1967 ignite civil unrest and deadly protests. Based on true events.

Capone (Tom Hardy)
    For years, he ruled Chicago during Prohibition. Now, the aging king of the criminal underworld is out of prison and haunted by his violent past

High-Rise Invasion Season 1(Manga)
    High schooler Yuri finds herself atop a skyscraper in a strange world, where she must survive against masked assailants bent on killing their prey.

added
    Detroit is an excellent film...not heard much about Capone considering it stars Tom Hardy

• Registered Users Posts: 8,437 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

So I finished Firefly Lane last night. Was that last scene meant to be a cliffhanger?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭Mehaffey1

gmisk wrote: »
    Detroit is an excellent film...not heard much about Capone considering it stars Tom Hardy

Don't go looking into Capone, awful isn't a strong enough word.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,527 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Mehaffey1 wrote: »
    Don't go looking into Capone, awful isn't a strong enough word.

Agree,best avoided.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

So I finished Firefly Lane last night. Was that last scene meant to be a cliffhanger?

Yep. Have t a clue why the Besties have fallen out.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Tom Hardy seems to play the same character all the time now, the mumbling is getting worse and I’m a fan.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,408 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Tribes of Europa. I like the European context but the concept is your fairly run of the mill dystopian word.
    An easy watch but I'm happy it's only 6 episodes.

Watching it now, it’s a bit of fun, definitely doesn’t take itself too seriously

Hope it’s only 1 season though. I want to see how it ends instead of having to wait for a season 2 that I might not be bothered to watch

• Registered Users Posts: 22,408 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Akrasia wrote: »
    Watching it now, it’s a bit of fun, definitely doesn’t take itself too seriously

Hope it’s only 1 season though. I want to see how it ends instead of having to wait for a season 2 that I might not be bothered to watch

Ok, I’ve just finished episode 6

Maybe one more season might be ok.... :)

It’s a bit gas

• Registered Users Posts: 2,365 ✭✭✭McGrath5

The Pelé documentary is superb, best thing I’ve seen on Netflix this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭daretodream

Just finished Detroit. Brilliant film.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭Masala

McGrath5 wrote: »

Thought the Maradona one of life in Naples was Better.

Would have liked to see more of the man outside playing for Brazil. His marriage, health, his USA playing etc

Ash vs. Evil Dead season 3
    Thirty years later, Ash Williams -- demon hunter par excellence -- is back to battle a new Deadite plague. He may have lost a hand, but not his touch.

Crazy About Her (Spanish)
    After spending a wild night together, Adri discovers the only way to see Carla again is to become a patient at the psychiatric center where she resides.

The Girl on the Train
    A troubled divorcée fixates on a seemingly ideal couple from afar until a shocking observation sends her spiraling straight into a knotty murder case.

Bigfoot Family
    Bigfoot's now a big deal. So when he goes missing, his shy but tech-savvy teen son must take on an evil CEO to save his family and a wildlife preserve.

Ginny & Georgia - The Afterparty
    Cast members of the hit Netflix show join the hosts to unpack the drama of Season 1, and Cristela Alonzo offers tips for being the new kid at school.

added

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭dublin49

would not go that far,interesting given the topic but not as entralling as Maradona but then Pele was a more conventional character.You do get a sense of his ability from the clips and well worth a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,723 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Thought both the Pele and Maradona docs were average. Pedestrian story telling really. They're fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

The Nal wrote: »
    Thought both the Pele and Maradona docs were average. Pedestrian story telling really. They're fine.

Liar !!! LIAR !!!!
    The music in the Maradona documentary made it a 5/5.... not pedestrian in ANY WAY !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭BullBauld

Just started Parks and Recreation.....when does it get good??!

BullBauld wrote: »

season 2

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭Pen Rua

I had heard before Season 1 is weak, and it doesn't find its feet till Season 2 and beyond. But that said, Season 1 is only 6 episodes and brings in the base characters.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,030 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

BullBauld wrote: »

stick with it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,446 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

The Pelocumentary is superb, best thing I’ve seen on Netflix this year.

It shows how poor Netflix has been so far this year then.

It was ok, didn't really learn anything that any football fan didn't already know. Not a patch on the Maradona one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭leck

fin12 wrote: »
    I actually didn’t sleep well at all the night I finished Behind her eyes, I just kept thinking about how horrible the whole thing was for the character of the doctor and the child.
    I watched the second to last episode late one night. I found it very unsettling. I tossed and turned for hours. Even a week later, bits of it still come back to me as I try to process it. I think it's one of those you would need to watch a second time to really get it. I think it's probably littered with clues that you don't see the significance of the first time around.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Sam Hain

fin12 wrote: »
    Tom Hardy seems to play the same character all the time now, the mumbling is getting worse and I’m a fan.

Possibly the most overrated actor of modern times.

Advertisement