Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix Recommendations Thread 3.0

Options

Comments

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,241 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

starlit wrote: »
    Any one into the rom com's i've seen a couple of good ones recently and some not as good. 'Set up' it depends, It didn't start off great but ended on a good note I think. Other ones are series 'All the boys that I have loved before' and the 'kissing booth' I thought they were good. The movie 'After' was a bit intense. There is to be another one in the series out on Prime streaming. I think there is 2 or 3 in that series of films.

The 'holidate' if very funny. I watched 'work it' and thought was very good if you into dancing... 'Love guaranteed' was a bit of a strange one'. 'The perfect date' was ok. 'The last summer' was good too. There is one called 'love alarm' its to be out in March seems intriguing. I've a few more lined up aswell to watch. I like something either funny or series but not too mushy!

Always Be My Maybe is a good laugh.

In the "a bit mushy but not too serious" mould I watched Instant Family last night and it was enjoyable.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭starlit

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Always Be My Maybe is a good laugh.

In the "a bit mushy but not too serious" mould I watched Instant Family last night and it was enjoyable.

I think I came across that I've not seen either yet. I usually just see something i'd be interested and put it on my list to watch at a later date.

Watching a few series too. The queens gambit is very good.
    The crown is good too. Loved emily in paris and the hook up plan.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,241 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

starlit wrote: »
    I think I came across that I've not seen either yet. I usually just see something i'd be interested and put it on my list to watch at a later date.

Watching a few series too. The queens gambit is very good.
    The crown is good too. Loved emily in paris and the hook up plan.

The Half of It is a genuinely great Netflix original film(IMHO of course) that you might enjoy.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

The Half of It is a genuinely great Netflix original film(IMHO of course) that you might enjoy.

I loved The Half of It. It was probably my favourite film of 2020.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,671 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Up to episode 7 of The Valhalla murders....
    It is really fantastic...more gripping as it goes along lots of twists and turns.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,853 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I’ve not watched it yet has anyone watched Capone yet ? I’ve read the synopsis of it and it seems to cover his final years which is interesting and it’s got a few actors I like in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,752 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    I’ve not watched it yet has anyone watched Capone yet ? I’ve read the synopsis of it and it seems to cover his final years which is interesting and it’s got a few actors I like in it.

Less than 5/10 on imdb, think I'll give it a mis.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,446 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Itssoeasy wrote: »

I've heard from plenty of people that it's a steaming pile of ****e

• Registered Users Posts: 29,034 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

km79 wrote: »
    Oops sorry it’s actually called Kingdom
    I keep mixing up the titles !
    And to add to the confusion, not to be mixed up with the really good Korean zombie series by the same name

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Biggie: I Got a Story to Tell
    Featuring rare footage and in-depth interviews, this documentary celebrates the life of The Notorious B.I.G. on his journey from hustler to rap king.

Alice: Season 1
    While investigating a string of murders, a detective is stunned to encounter time travelers -- especially a professor who's a dead ringer for his mother.

Paradise Lost
    A backpacking trip in Brazil turns dangerous for a group of college pals when they find themselves held captive by a radical military gang.

Something Borrowed
    In this genial romantic comedy, a lifelong friendship is put to the test when a successful single lawyer ends up in bed with her best friend's fiancé.

Trial by Fire
    A woman who develops a close relationship with a death row inmate sets out to prove the man was wrongfully convicted of killing his children in a fire

LEGO Marvel Spider-Man: Vexed by Venom
    When Green Goblin and Venom team up for a disastrous scheme, Spider-Man calls in a wall-crawling ally and must rely on his Spidey senses to stop them.

Connected
    Argentine DJ Hernán Cattáneo, known for his house music innovations, invites a symphonic orchestra for a four-night run at Buenos Aires' Teatro Colón.

Never Back Down 2: The Beatdown

The Promised Neverland: Season 1
    When three gifted kids learn that their isolated orphanage isn't the haven they thought, they vow to lead the other children in a risky escape plan.

Sword Art Online: Season 3
    Luis and the Aliens
    A Perfect Day For Arsenide: Season 1
    An eclectic group of people encounters zany situations in this anthology of surreal, offbeat tales from Hong Kong. Based on Mr. Pizza's hit novel.

Sword Art Online Alternative: Gun Gale Online: Season 1

Banyuki
    In this stage performance filmed for the big screen, an innocent man seeks revenge after breaking free of the prison he was held in for ten years.

Do You Like Brahms? Season 1
    While struggling to find her footing after starting later than her peers, a violin student falls for a successful pianist with a lonely soul.

Seven Souls in the Skull Castle
    In this cinematic distillation of the electrifying stage performance, seven spirited souls take on the dark threat growing in shadowy Skull Castle.

The Bold Type: Season 1 to 4
    At a women's magazine in New York, three millennials juggle their careers, romance, friendships and big-city life while finding their own voices.

Ghostbusters (1984)(The greatest movie of all time)
    Steel Magnolias

The Challenge
    Reality show alumni must compete in grueling physical contests and survive eliminations amid cutthroat alliances and steamy hookups to win big money.

How to Be Really Bad
    The devil's sassy (and bored) daughter makes a deal with her dad: If she can turn a good person evil, she gets to ditch hell and stay on Earth

S.W.A.T.
    A veteran cop is tasked with drafting and training a special weapons and tactics team, who soon find themselves up against an international criminal.

S.W.A.T.: Firefight
    After a botched hostage rescue, Detroit's Special Weapons and Tactics team becomes the target of a rogue government agent with revenge on his mind.

When a flood of natural disasters threatens to destroy the world, a divorced dad desperately attempts to save his family in this doomsday thriller.

3:10 to Yuma
    In this remake of the 1957 classic, a rancher agrees to transport a captured outlaw to the nearest rail station, where he'll board a train to prison

Chappelle's Show (2 Seasons)
    The brilliant Dave Chappelle performs blistering stand-up, impressions and sketches that skewer topics like racism, politics, celebrities and sex.

added

• Advertisement

Updated march list

2nd March
    Snowpiercer: Season 2, Episode 6
    Word Party: Season 5

3rd March
    Moxie
    Based on the novel by Jennifer Mathieu, Amy Poehler’s comedy follows Vivian (Hadley Robinson), a seemingly shy 16-year-old, has always preferred to keep her head down and fly under the radar. But when the arrival of a new student (Alycia Pascual-Peña) forces her to examine the unchecked behaviour of her fellow students running rampant at her high school, Vivian realizes she’s fed up. Inspired by her mother’s rebellious past, Vivian anonymously publishes an underground zine called Moxie to expose bias and wrongdoing in her high school, and unexpectedly sparks a movement.

Murder Among the Mormons: Season 1
    High-stakes exploits turn deadly — and shake a global church to its core — in this extraordinary true crime story.

The Invisible
    Misa Mi
    Bitch Kram
    Rallybrudar
    False as Water
    Medicinen
    A Guest is Coming
    Cateva Conversatii Despre o Fata Foarte Inalta
    Legacy
    Dragoste I. Câine
    Epava
    Fiancee for Hire
    Rosa the Movie
    The Great Communist Bank Robbery
    Un Om La Locul Lui
    A Zero Too Much
    Aliyah Dada
    America, Here We Come!
    Änglar, Finns Dom?
    Best Before
    Varning för Jönsson Ligan
    Breaking News

4th March
    Pacific Rim: The Black: Season 1
    There was a time when Kaiju rose from the Pacific Rim only to encounter gigantic robots, Jaegers, built to fight them back. That time has passed. The series begins as Australia has been overrun by Kaiju, forcing the evacuation of an entire continent. Left behind, teenage siblings Taylor and Hayley embark on a desperate search for their missing parents, teaching themselves to pilot a battered, long-abandoned Jaeger to help in their quest and give them even the slightest hope of surviving.
    The Art of Self-Defense
    Mariposa

5th March
    Sentinelle
    Transferred home after a traumatizing combat mission, a highly trained French soldier uses her lethal skills to hunt down the man who hurt her sister.

City of Ghosts: Season 1
    This animated hybrid documentary from Emmy winner Elizabeth Ito (Adventure Time) features the voices and stories of real LA residents as it follows kids discovering stories around their city.

Nevenka: Breaking the Silence: Season 1
    Nevenka Fernández, the plaintiff in Spain’s first successful lawsuit against a politician for sexual harassment, breaks her silence after 20 years.
    The Best of Enemies
    Fate of Alakada
    RuPaul’s Drag Race: Season 13, Episode 9

6th March
    Love (ft. Marriage and Divorce): Season 1, Episode 13

7th March
    Love (ft. Marriage and Divorce): Season 1, Episode 14

8th March
    Bombay Begums: Season 1 – From boardrooms to society’s margins, five ambitious women from various walks of life navigate dreams, desires and disappointments in modern Mumbai.

Bombay Rose
    Amidst the bustle of a magnetic and multifaceted city, the budding love between two dreamers is tested by duty and religious divides. Based on Gitanjali Rao’s animated short, TrueLoveStory.

9th March
    StarBeam: Season 3
    hen colorful villains come out to play, 8-year-old Zoey has the power to transform into StarBeam, a kid-sized superhero.

The Houseboat: Season 1
    Tired of living with her dad, a socialite named Cinzia signs on as a housekeeper for a widowed lawyer in this German comedy series.
    Snowpiercer: Season 2, Episode 7

10th March
    She Dies Tomorrow
    Amy Seimetz’s low-key memento mori delivers a panicky relay race of existential dread. One of the best films of 2020.

11th March
    Coven of Sisters
    Basque Country, 1609. To postpone their execution, a group of women accused of witchcraft lure their inquisitor into witnessing the witches’ sabbath.

The Block Island Sound

12th March
    Love Alarm: Season 2
    Based on the popular webtoon by comics author Chon Kye-young, this series promises a unique take on romance, following on from the original’s unique drawing style and in-depth emotional expressions.

Paper Lives
    In the streets of Istanbul, ailing waste warehouse worker Mehmet takes a small boy under his wing and must soon confront his own traumatic childhood.

Pet Sematary (2019)
    This remake resurrects the spirit of Stephen King’s and Mary Lambert’s originals, while still coming out different.

The One: Season 1
    The One is set five minutes in the future, in a world where a DNA test can find your perfect partner – the one person you’re genetically predisposed to fall passionately in love with. No matter how good your relationship, which one of us can honestly say we haven’t thought about whether there is someone better out there? What if a hair sample is all it takes to find them?

The Sisters Brothers
    Get on these siblings’ wavelength and you’ll be rewarded with an enjoyably unusual Western.

Yes Day
    Always feeling like they have to say no to their kids and co-workers, Allison and Carlos (Jennifer Garner and Edgar Ramirez) decide to give their three kids a “Yes Day”, where the children make the rules and they have no option but to go with the adventurous flow.

Last Chance U: Basketball
    The award-winning documentary series, originally inspired by a feature article in GQ magazine, returns to focus on a new sport. Over the course of eight episodes, viewers will follow the East Los Angeles College Huskies (ELAC) in their high stakes chase to an unprecedented California state basketball championship. Led by passionate head coach John Mosley, the ELAC team is made up of former D1 recruits and powerhouse athletes hustling to prove themselves for a last chance to fulfill their dreams of playing at the next level. But the team is tested as the players battle adversity, inner demons, and emotions on and off the court.
    Just In Time
    Paradise PD: Part 3
    RuPaul’s Drag Race: Season 13, Episode 10

13th March
    Love (ft. Marriage and Divorce): Season 1, Episode 15

14th March
    The Nun
    Love (ft. Marriage and Divorce): Season 1, Episode 16 (Finale)

15th March
    The Lost Pirate Kingdom: Season 1
    The real-life pirates of the Caribbean violently plunder the world’s riches and form a surprisingly egalitarian republic in this documentary series.

Zero Chill: Season 1
    An international cast of real-life skaters take the ice in this action-packed tween sports drama.

Catch.er

16th March
    Waffles + Mochi: Season 1
    Waffles and Mochi embark on a global food expedition in order to become chefs. With the help of Mrs. Obama, Waffles and Mochi travel the world, learning all they can about different foods and cultures.

Blinded by the Light
    RebellComedy: Straight Outta the Zoo
    Snowpiercer: Season 2, Episode 8

Simply Black – 17th March
    While organizing a protest, Jean-Pascal Zadi looks at racial discrimination and his identity as a French Black man through a satirical lens.

Operation Varsity Blues: The College Admissions Scandal
    Reenactments drive this documentary investigating the mastermind behind a scam to sneak the kids of rich and famous families into top US universities.

Under Suspicion: Uncovering the Wesphael Case: Season 1
    This docuseries follows the high-profile case of Belgian politician Bernard Wesphael, who was accused of murdering his wife in 2013.

18th March
    Cabras da Peste
    A buddy cop movie genre with a Brazilian twist, Cabras da Peste has two policemen with opposite personalities working together to solve a crime and beat a criminal, while developing a very special friendship – in this case, to rescue a special goat.
    Nate Bargatze: The Greatest Average American

B: The Beginning: Season 2

19th March
    Country Comfort: Season 1 – 19th March
    After hitting the skids in her career, an aspiring country singer finds new life as a nanny for a handsome widower and his five charming children.

Sky Rojo: Season 1
    This new series from Álex Pina (Money Heist) follows Coral (Verónica Sánchez), Wendy (Lali Espósito) and Gina (Yany Prado), three women who go on the run in search of freedom while being chased by Romeo (Asier Etxeandia), their pimp from Las Novias Club, and his henchmen, Moisés (Miguel Ángel Silvestre) and Christian (Enric Auquer). Together, the women embark on a frantic, chaotic journey during which they must face dangers of all kinds and live every second as if it were their last, while strengthening their friendship and discovering the most important thing: that together they are stronger and have more options to recover their lives.

Formula 1: Drive to Survive: Season 3
    Fans will be given unprecedented behind the scenes access to the 2020 F1 season which saw the sport dramatically halted in Australia due to the coronavirus pandemic and make a thrilling restart in Austria later that year.
    Little
    Who’s The Boss
    Wonder Park
    Alien TV: Season 2
    RuPaul’s Drag Race: Season 13, Episode 11

22nd March
    Crazy Rich Asians
    Utter joy from start to finish, Crazy Rich Asians is the film the world needs right now.

23rd March
    Loyiso Gola: Unlearning
    Snowpiercer: Season 2, Episode 9

24th March
    Seaspiracy
    Passionate about ocean life, a filmmaker sets out to document the harm that humans do to marine species — and uncovers an alarming global conspiracy.

Who Killed Sara? Season 1
    Hell-bent on exacting revenge and proving he was framed for his sister’s murder, Álex sets out to unearth much more than the crime’s real culprit.

25th March
    DOTA: Dragon’s Blood: Season 1
    A new animated series based on the popular DOTA 2 video-game franchise tells the story of Davion, a renowned Dragon Knight devoted to wiping the scourge from the face of the world. Following encounters with a powerful, ancient eldwurm as well as the noble Princess Mirana on a secret mission of her own, Davion becomes embroiled in events much larger than he could have ever imagined.

Caught by a Wave
    A summer fling born under the Sicilian sun quickly develops into a heartbreaking love story that forces a boy and girl to grow up too quickly.

26th March
    The Irregulars: Season 1
    This supernatural mystery series will bring a darkness to the fringes of Arthur Conan Doyle’s 19th-century London, where the titular group of misfits work to solve crimes at the behest of Dr Watson and his elusive partner, Sherlock Holmes. As the cases take on a horrifying edge and a dark power emerges, it’ll be up to the gang to come together to save London, each other, and potentially the entire world.
    Vi Hade i Alla Fall tur med Vädret Igen!

Brooklyn Nine-Nine: Season 7
    Nine-Nine!

Eighth Grade
    Bo Burnham’s brilliant directorial debut captures the pains of growing up in an online age with awkward intimacy.

Bad Trip
    In this hidden-camera prank comedy, two best friends bond on a wild road trip to New York as they pull real people into their raunchy, raucous antics.

A Week Away
    In this uplifting musical, a troubled teen takes a leap of faith by attending summer camp — and unexpectedly finds love, friends and a place to belong.

Magic for Humans by Mago Pop: Season 1
    Illusionist Mago Pop takes to the streets of Barcelona, where he amazes folks of all ages and walks of life with tricks that inspire delight and wonder.

Nailed It: Double Trouble! Season 1
    What could be more messy than one Nailed It! contestant? Teams! From brothers to drag queens, this season’s cast of duos promise twice the fun and double the fails.

Greta
    RuPaul’s Drag Race: Season 13, Episode 12

30th March
    Snowpiercer: Season 2, Episode 10 (Finale)

Date TBC
    Molly’s Game (2017)
    Into The Wild (2007)
    Dirty Dancing (1987)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭SmallTeapot

Nigzcurran wrote: »
    Really enjoying superstore. Silly goodness that just makes you smile, perfecto!

I'm loving Superstore too :)

I'm just starting season 4... very easy to binge-watch :p

I also found this article via twitter on how they approached COVID-19 in real time, which I thought was interesting (... also the article contains some spoilers... be warned :pac: )

I think we only have up until season 5 on Netflix, wherein this is addressed in the newest, current season (season 6).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭dublin49

We just watched "Terribly Happy" a Danish crime drama.very good in an absurd Fargo like way.Worth a look,better than the Danish "the Shooter "that I watched the other night.kim Bodnia from the "the Bridge" stars in both and is good in both,anyone who watched Borgen will recognise alot of the casts.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Watched Pele over the weekend, very good but I would have liked to have seen a bit more about his time playing in America

Also finished watching White House Farm at the weekend, well worth watching.

no additions today but tomorrow is scandi Wednesday

• Registered Users Posts: 9,373 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Moxie is out tomorrow, advance reviews are not great but I'll be giving it a go anyway.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,324 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

peteeeed wrote: »
    no additions today but tomorrow is scandi Wednesday

Been meaning to ask: what's with this sudden, voluminous influx of Scandi TV? Did Netflix recently pen a deal with a bunch of channels? There's so much of it I don't even know where to start in terms of what I might be interested in :confused:

pixelburp wrote: »
    Been meaning to ask: what's with this sudden, voluminous influx of Scandi TV? Did Netflix recently pen a deal with a bunch of channels? There's so much of it I don't even know where to start in terms of what I might be interested in :confused:

its a strange one as most of the Scandinavian movies released every Wednesday are not new releases , must be for that market and they added them for us too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Need a Username

fin12 wrote: »
    Yes sorry guys , Firefly lane .

Well I knew Georgia and Ginny was not a space western but I thought you were saying it had some connection like humour or cast members

:p

Murder Among the Mormons
    High-stakes exploits turn deadly -- and shake a global church to its core -- in this extraordinary true crime story.

Moxie
    Based on the novel by Jennifer Mathieu, Amy Poehler’s comedy follows Vivian (Hadley Robinson), a seemingly shy 16-year-old, has always preferred to keep her head down and fly under the radar. But when the arrival of a new student (Alycia Pascual-Peña) forces her to examine the unchecked behaviour of her fellow students running rampant at her high school, Vivian realizes she’s fed up. Inspired by her mother’s rebellious past, Vivian anonymously publishes an underground zine called Moxie to expose bias and wrongdoing in her high school, and unexpectedly sparks a movement.

romaninan & scandi wednesday
    The Invisible
    Misa Mi
    Bitch Kram
    Rallybrudar
    False as Water
    Medicinen
    A Guest is Coming
    Cateva Conversatii Despre o Fata Foarte Inalta
    Legacy
    Dragoste I. Câine
    Epava
    Fiancee for Hire
    Rosa the Movie
    The Great Communist Bank Robbery
    Un Om La Locul Lui
    A Zero Too Much
    Aliyah Dada
    America, Here We Come!
    Änglar, Finns Dom?
    Best Before
    Varning för Jönsson Ligan
    Breaking News

added

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,752 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Watched a very good French thriller.

Get In. It's about a couple and their child returning from a long vacation to find the people they untrusted to look after their property has decided to make it their home and call squatters rights.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭No again Danni

I watched that Whitney Houston documentary, Can I Be Me?

I didn't know much about her and not really a fan. Had the overall idea she was in a destructive relationship with Bobby Brown involving drug addiction but did not know about her relationship with Robyn. That must have been such a toxic environment. Seemed to be that Robyn was the most stable one, maybe left hoping it would give Whitney a wakeup call but it went the opposite way.

Straight away the mother came off bad trying to steal the limelight and then the dad betraying her in later years too. Robyn finally leaving etc.

She herself also didn't come off great sometimes either when she was talking about her own daughter. She was saying something about how what really makes her happy is when her daughter shows she misses her when she's touring but it came across selfish and then in an interview when asked about Bobby's womanizing, her response was odd.

It's like Elvis and all the people he had around him and they could all see it getting worse but just kept enabling the situation or didn't know what to do.

Interesting to watch. The whole thing was just a mess with a very sad ending.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭budgemook

Peppa Pig is being removed from Netflix on March 31st, I repeat, Peppa Pig is being removed from Netflix on March 31st.

Time to set the DVR to get as many episodes from RTE Junior and Channel 5 as possible!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,498 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Near the end of Behind Her Eyes, and while its an OK thriller so far, Eve Hewson is stealing it.
    1st time I've seen her, but an excellent actor.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭QuietMan2010

I loved The Half of It. It was probably my favourite film of 2020.

Thank you both for that recommendation, that's a real gem.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

peteeeed wrote: »

Moxie

That sounds...

... absolutely awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭howamidifferent

Trial by fire is a good film on Netflix. Worth a watch if your into death row stories4.

budgemook wrote: »
    Peppa Pig is being removed from Netflix on March 31st, I repeat, Peppa Pig is being removed from Netflix on March 31st.

Time to set the DVR to get as many episodes from RTE Junior and Channel 5 as possible!

Daddy Pig doesn’t get any royalties.

He is so bullied he can’t even get in on social media to talk about it

• Advertisement

What is a good app or website for finding out when movies and shows are leaving Netflix?

Advertisement