Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix Recommendations Thread 3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Jimbob1977

Just finished Moxie.

"Cliche bingo" from beginning to end.

White males - patriarchy, privilege, rapists

Women - powerful, sassy, confident.

Like an episode of South Park.

You PC, brah?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

What is a good app or website for finding out when movies and shows are leaving Netflix?

https://twitter.com/NewOnNetflixUK

• Registered Users Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

First time watching The Truman Show.

Absolutely brilliant!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭dublin49

started the mormon murders tonite.Wife wanted to switch off after 20 minutes but stuck with it and are now hooked after 2 episodes.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭daretodream

I watched that Whitney Houston documentary, Can I Be Me?

I didn't know much about her and not really a fan. Had the overall idea she was in a destructive relationship with Bobby Brown involving drug addiction but did not know about her relationship with Robyn. That must have been such a toxic environment. Seemed to be that Robyn was the most stable one, maybe left hoping it would give Whitney a wakeup call but it went the opposite way.

Straight away the mother came off bad trying to steal the limelight and then the dad betraying her in later years too. Robyn finally leaving etc.

She herself also didn't come off great sometimes either when she was talking about her own daughter. She was saying something about how what really makes her happy is when her daughter shows she misses her when she's touring but it came across selfish and then in an interview when asked about Bobby's womanizing, her response was odd.

It's like Elvis and all the people he had around him and they could all see it getting worse but just kept enabling the situation or didn't know what to do.

Interesting to watch. The whole thing was just a mess with a very sad ending.

I can't find this anywhere?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,752 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Trial by fire is a good film on Netflix. Worth a watch if your into death row stories4.

Cheers for the recommendation.

What a truly remarkable story and told very well by the cast and crew, Jack O' Connelly was excellent.

It's a must watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Need a Username

peteeeed wrote: »

I was looking at the New On Netflix website early and there is a few films missing from the expiring list.

So I thought maybe that wasn’t a good site.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,862 ✭✭✭mikhail

First time watching The Truman Show.

Absolutely brilliant!
    The direct, Peter Weir, is one of my favourites. His work is worth checking out.

It's worth noting that The Truman Show was released in 1998. Big Brother was launched in 1999. It was a very timely movie.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,176 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

That sounds...
    ... absolutely awful.

I was going to watch Moxie, thinking Mean Girls meets Easy A meets Election :o is it bad?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Knine

Paradise Lost was very good if a little bit gruesome!

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 41,496 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

I'm two episodes into "reckoning" and it's faltering to grab my attention

Worth staying with?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,034 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I was looking at the New On Netflix website early and there is a few films missing from the expiring list.

So I thought maybe that wasn’t a good site.

I go by https://uk.flixable.com/#filterForm

Pacific Rim: The Black Season 1
    After Kaiju ravage Australia, two siblings pilot a Jaeger to search for their parents, encountering new creatures, seedy characters and chance allies.

The Art of Self-Defense
    Tired of being bullied, a meek man enrolls in the karate class of an enigmatic instructor who introduces him to a sinister, hypermasculine subculture.

added

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,241 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

The Art of Self-Defense
    Tired of being bullied, a meek man enrolls in the karate class of an enigmatic instructor who introduces him to a sinister, hypermasculine subculture.

Saw a trailer for that a while ago and it looked pretty funny.

CastorTroy wrote: »

That doesn’t have have all the expiring titles either.

For example Kill the Messenger leaves on the 10th

Neither of those websites shows that

Didn’t Netflix used to have “last chance to watch” section or list?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

If you know those sites are missing some it sounds like you already have a good source.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

I follow the New on Netflix UK website which I find good.
    The gut that runs the site mentioned 2 years ago that Netflix have made some changes in their algorithm and he couldn't get the expiry dates in any easy way anymore - and he was asking users to help with this.
    Not sure if there is a "Last Chance to Watch" section, have never seen one.
    I think someone mentioned in this thread before that there was a way to see what expires from your list, but not sure if/how it works.

Irish Aris wrote: »
    The gut that runs the site mentioned 2 years ago that Netflix have made some changes in their algorithm and he couldn't get the expiry dates in any easy way anymore - and he was asking users to help with this.
    I think someone mentioned in this thread before that there was a way to see what expires from your list, but not sure if/how it works.

i find that no site is 100% so i use

https://uk.newonnetflix.info/

https://vodzilla.co/vod-release-dates/

https://www.justwatch.com/ie/provider/netflix/new

• Registered Users Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

The Art of Self-Defense

added

While this isn't going to be for everyone - the performances are very mannered - I found this very enjoyable.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

The Art of Self-Defense

added

While this isn't going to be for everyone - the performances are very mannered - I found this very enjoyable.

• Advertisement

Irish Aris wrote: »

Yes that is what I was trying to remember - the My List. Not a good way to try track though.

I’m willing to contribute when I find an expiring title. I will look into how to do it.

If you know those sites are missing some it sounds like you already have a good source.

No I don’t. It was just random chance while browsing for something watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

dublin49 wrote: »
    started the mormon murders tonite.Wife wanted to switch off after 20 minutes but stuck with it and are now hooked after 2 episodes.

Watched all.of this tonight. It was really good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭dublin49

Watched all.of this tonight. It was really good.

jaw dropping ,well worth a look

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Ikozma

Anyone seen murder Mountain?, any good?

Sentinelle
    Transferred home after a traumatizing combat mission, a highly trained French soldier uses her lethal skills to hunt down the man who hurt her sister.

City of Ghosts: Season 1
    This animated hybrid documentary from Emmy winner Elizabeth Ito (Adventure Time) features the voices and stories of real LA residents as it follows kids discovering stories around their city.

Nevenka: Breaking the Silence: Season 1
    Nevenka Fernández, the plaintiff in Spain’s first successful lawsuit against a politician for sexual harassment, breaks her silence after 20 years.

The Best of Enemies
    In 1971, a summit on school integration in North Carolina pits a civil rights activist against a Ku Klux Klan leader, sparking an unlikely friendship.

added

• Registered Users Posts: 43,876 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Honestly can't remember the last Friday I was looking forward to something new on Netflix! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Ikozma wrote: »
    Anyone seen murder Mountain?, any good?

Good watch ya.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭den87

Basq wrote: »
    Honestly can't remember the last Friday I was looking forward to something new on Netflix! :(

Same here it’s gone very bad

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭boccy23

Was looking forward to trying Moxie this weekend. Is it not any good?

Advertisement