Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix Recommendations Thread 3.0

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,991 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

den87 wrote: »
    Same here it’s gone very bad
    Covid's a big part of this. Everything delayed in production means there's little new to air as their model is to only drop a series when it's finished.
    Coupled with ever more streaming services, it means we end up getting more obscure titles and fewer big titles. I've found myself looking at more foreign-language titles and short shows of late.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭Pen Rua

Drive to Survive S3 (coming 19 March) covering the 2020 F1 season has a full trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMrHKc58aIA

HYPE!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭dublin49

White House Farm,Behind her eyes and the Mormon murders ,3 great series watched in last few weeks,Danish film Terribly happy also worth a look so decent viewing lately.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,211 ✭✭✭✭km79

I though White House Farm was mediocre if I am being honest. At least two episodes too long as well

Might give Mormon Murders a go though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭adelcrowsmel

km79 wrote: »
    I though White House Farm was mediocre if I am being honest. At least two episodes too long as well

Might give Mormon Murders a go though

Do give it a go...I'm 2 episodes in and it's a fascinating watch...looking forward to the final episode tonight!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,267 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

I finished Mormon Murders today. It's an interesting story dragged out far too long in true Netflix style. It would have made a great 1hr30min documentary, there was no need for it be so long. Last episode is really dragged out.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

Kingp35 wrote: »
    I finished Mormon Murders today. It's an interesting story dragged out far too long in true Netflix style. It would have made a great 1hr30min documentary, there was no need for it be so long. Last episode is really dragged out.

It’s made by the bbc, not Netflix.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,674 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Addle wrote:
    It’s made by the bbc, not Netflix.

Was just going to say this, if it was Netflix it would have been 6 episodes minimum!

Kingp35 wrote: »

I thought the last episode was fascinating ,3 episodes was fine but they nearly lost us after 20 mins of first episode so stay with it for at least all the first episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,392 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

dublin49 wrote: »
    I thought the last episode was fascinating ,3 episodes was fine but they nearly lost us after 20 mins of first episode so stay with it for at least all the first episode.

Is this the same show as the Doc called Murder Among The Mormans?

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Heckler

Never saw UNCLE before. Just chose it randomly. Quite enjoying it. Like the humour and its got heart without overdoing it. Like the musical interludes which I would normally hate. No Survivors is a good song !

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

Heckler wrote: »
    Never saw UNCLE before. Just chose it randomly. Quite enjoying it. Like the humour and its got heart without overdoing it. Like the musical interludes which I would normally hate. No Survivors is a good song !

It's a bit of hidden gem although the strength of the songs does generally weaken with each passing season but it's an entertaining show

Don't know if you've got to the "I'm Back" episode but that was the best song for me

It's a bit of hidden gem although the strength of the songs does generally weaken with each passing season but it's an entertaining show

Don't know if you've got to the "I'm Back" episode but that was the best song for me

Yeah just getting through S2. I'm back was great. The videos are gas.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

nick helm is wonderful

peteeeed wrote: »
    nick helm is wonderful

No argument here. Never heard of him before. Couldn't believe UNCLE was from 2012. Thought it was some new show. Will defo check him out more. Also like Val. In his first scene I had my glasses off and thought it was Noel Fielding !

• Registered Users Posts: 29,034 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

That doesn’t have have all the expiring titles either.

For example Kill the Messenger leaves on the 10th

Neither of those websites shows that

Didn’t Netflix used to have “last chance to watch” section or list?

Just checked and it's there as leaving on the 11th(last day to watch is the 10th). Maybe it was just updated.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

No argument here. Never heard of him before. Couldn't believe UNCLE was from 2012. Thought it was some new show. Will defo check him out more. Also like Val. In his first scene I had my glasses off and thought it was Noel Fielding !

Bit off topic but check out his appearances on 8 out 10 cats does Countdown - he steals every episode he's in

• Registered Users Posts: 32,669 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Bit off topic but check out his appearances on 8 out 10 cats does Countdown - he steals every episode he's in
    His songs are brilliant

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭zerosugarbuzz

White House Farm,Behind her eyes and the Mormon murders ,3 great series watched in last few weeks,Danish film Terribly happy also worth a look so decent viewing lately.

Thought the first four episodes of Behind her eyes were like watching paint dry. Episode five moved faster and the final twist in episode six literally gave me my worst nights sleep in a long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,669 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Thought the first four episodes of Behind her eyes were like watching paint dry. Episode five moved faster and the final twist in episode six literally gave me my worst nights sleep in a long time.
    I was the opposite I didn't mind first couple of episodes...but the twist....lol I was in stitches

• Advertisement

gmisk wrote: »
    His songs are brilliant

I'm a big fan of No Survivors.

Ha I did. Singing to Susie Dent. Love it.

Andy is a great character and Nick Helm seems so too.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,498 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Behind Her Eyes.

Slow moving, but it kept my interest. Eve Hewson excellent.

I thought the last 2 episodes started to get a bit silly but if you accept that the AP is possible then the twist was clever I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,518 ✭✭✭brevity

Yea the last episode is really good. I was a bit sceptical after the first episode but glad I stuck with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,518 ✭✭✭brevity

Aside from that, I really liked Lupin. Looking forward to the second season.

The biggie doc was good too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭Pen Rua

Zodiac (2007) was our choice last night. Jake Gyllenhaal & Robert Downey Jr star, along with Mark Ruffalo. It's a solid thriller / detective movie, but the run time is a touch long, and some pretty gruesome scenes. I'm a Gyllenhaal fan so it was always going to be up my alley. RDJ is not an actor I'm particularly fond of. It's directed by the same guy as Seven & he's behind Mindhunter too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,841 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

boccy23 wrote: »
    Was looking forward to trying Moxie this weekend. Is it not any good?

Watched it. An easy watch. The “woke” white man evil- minorities amazing is absolutely dolloped on.

ShagNastii wrote: »
    Watched it. An easy watch. The “woke” white man evil- minorities amazing is absolutely dolloped on.

Bailed after half hour,awful

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭santana75

Just finished Cobra Kai.......first season was an absolute joy, 2nd and 3rd seasons were good just not on par with the first. It's really well done and the show runners are obviously big fans of the original film. Johnny is the gift that keeps on giving, everything that comes out of his mouth is comedy gold. That whitesnake dream sequence was an absolute howl. Ralph machio must be envious at the character development of johnny, in comparison daniel is a bit dry. The guy who plays miguel is also great, the chemistry between him and johnny is what makes the show.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,211 ✭✭✭✭km79

santana75 wrote: »
    Just finished Cobra Kai.......first season was an absolute joy, 2nd and 3rd seasons were good just not on par with the first. It's really well done and the show runners are obviously big fans of the original film. Johnny is the gift that keeps on giving, everything that comes out of his mouth is comedy gold. That whitesnake dream sequence was an absolute howl. Ralph machio must be envious at the character development of johnny, in comparison daniel is a bit dry. The guy who plays miguel is also great, the chemistry between him and johnny is what makes the show.

Yeah I wasn’t sure about it at first
    But it becomes fairly evident that it just isn’t taking itself too seriously after a few episodes
    Agree with all of the above
    It’s all about Johnny !

Ralph Macchio has not aged well and is not a very good actor :D

Advertisement