Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix Recommendations Thread 3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,211 ✭✭✭✭km79

FunLover18 wrote: »
    This is the original film right? Or are they releasing a new project

Comments say shrek 2 is also returning so it’s the originals

• Registered Users Posts: 48,211 ✭✭✭✭km79

Tried for the second time to start Sex Education
    I just don’t get it ?
    It’s not funny

Community on the other hand
    Second attempt at that and loving it . The 2 “main “ characters put me off first and they still annoy me
    But Abed is one of the funniest characters in any tv show :D

Season one almost complete .

For our “serious “ show I think I’ll go back to Unforgotten for the next week. Could do with Netflix upping their game in this regard fairly soon

• Registered Users Posts: 3,862 ✭✭✭mikhail

km79 wrote: »
    Second attempt at that and loving it . The 2 “main “ characters put me off first and they still annoy me

Abed is great, and he has a great foil in Troy. You might be about to hit the paintball, which most people love. The show declines after a few seasons - though it still has its moments later on - but those first few seasons are a pleasure.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,373 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

I really disliked Community at first. I remember really struggling with the first season and giving up on it a few times. I guess it mirrors the 'it takes a season to hit the ground running then probably outstays it's welcome a little' show life cycle that is all too familiar.

I must revisit some of those top tier episodes as I have no intention of doing a full re-watch. Can't believe it's 10+ years since it first aired.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

Community definitely takes some episodes while it goes from typical formulaic US comedy into that true Dan Harmon territory off being off the wall and finds it's feet.

The drama behind the scenes, with the back and forth with Harmon being sacked, re-hired and then the show moving from NBC to Yahoo streaming have to be factored as to why the show was less consistent in later seasons. If you can accept how the background drama affected things while watching them then there may be something to salvage in liking them, while they are still inferior.

If Harmontown is still on Netflix then it's worth a watch if you're unfamiliar with the drama behind the scenes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

Just a heads up that Ashes to Ashes is being pulled in early April

Currently on season 1 to follow on from Life on Mars which I thought was excellent

And it appears there might be a third season of Life on Mars in the works, nothing official as of yet, but the creators did confirm they were in the process of trying to get it up and running

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Knine

ixoy wrote: »
    Prime. Definitely worth watching.

What is Trapped about?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Heckler

km79 wrote: »
    Tried for the second time to start Sex Education
    I just don’t get it ?
    It’s not funny

For our “serious “ show I think I’ll go back to Unforgotten for the next week. Could do with Netflix upping their game in this regard fairly soon

I thought Sex Education was great from the off but maybe like for me and Parks and Rec and Schitts Creek you need to power through for a bit to find the gold. Once you become invested in the characters it pays off.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,879 ✭✭✭Rfrip

leahyl wrote: »
    Currently bingeing on this - was recommended by a friend. It's really good! It's gone from Netlix though on 30th March :(

Thought feck it when I saw it was leaving at end of March. Sure I’ve season 1 watched already. Don’t know who I was kidding!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,273 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Rfrip wrote: »
    Thought feck it when I saw it was leaving at end of March. Sure I’ve season 1 watched already. Don’t know who I was kidding!!

Yup! Nearly finished season 2 so will def have season 3 finished by 30th March :-D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,879 ✭✭✭Rfrip

leahyl wrote: »
    Yup! Nearly finished season 2 so will def have season 3 finished by 30th March :-D

Will have it finished by the skin of our teeth so ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭dublin49

watched headhunter last night.Lars mikkelsen,the brother of Mr Carlsberg is good in it,worth a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

Sentinel is well worth a watch. Revenge thriller type of film, not too long at 1hr 20 mins but very good I thought!

Watch it in the original French language with subtitles rather than the dubbed English, however.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,940 ✭✭✭cdgalwegian

Proxima is a slow but engaging drama. Well directed, with a brilliant performance from Eva Green in preparation for a tough mission. Digs deep into the meaning of sacrifice, and its effects on others. The fact that its about preparing for a mission to Mars instead of war shouldn't put off those that don't like anything science-fictiony; it's straightforward drama, with well-researched science to back it up in interesting ways. It is a bit slow, but very good drama.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Rfrip wrote: »

What show is this?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

fin12 wrote: »
    What show is this?
    https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4192812/

It was here but showing 404 now - https://www.netflix.com/gb/title/80989579

• Registered Users Posts: 12,032 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

budgemook wrote: »
    Peppa Pig is being removed from Netflix on March 31st, I repeat, Peppa Pig is being removed from Netflix on March 31st.

Time to set the DVR to get as many episodes from RTE Junior and Channel 5 as possible!

I nearly had heart failure when I read this. It’s all ok, it’s not happening now. Thank be to George

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭Zak Flaps

pixelburp wrote: »
    Shrek is a weird movie, in that it was arguably born (AFAIK) from Jeffrey Katzenberg wanting to give Disney the middle finger. The first was kinda fun in skewering fairy tale tropes but found the sequels almost unwatchable in places. Real ugly animation too, regardless of the era.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭budgemook

L'prof wrote: »
    I nearly had heart failure when I read this. It’s all ok, it’s not happening now. Thank be to George

Yeah, just waiting on good news about Hey Duggee now!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,862 ✭✭✭mikhail

Proxima is a slow but engaging drama. Well directed, with a brilliant performance from Eva Green in preparation for a tough mission. Digs deep into the meaning of sacrifice, and its effects on others. The fact that its about preparing for a mission to Mars instead of war shouldn't put off those that don't like anything science-fictiony; it's straightforward drama, with well-researched science to back it up in interesting ways. It is a bit slow, but very good drama.
    I thought it was dreadful. It spends so much effort bigging up Eva Green's character as a great mother that it completely screws up her character as an astronaut. She actually breaks quarantine to see her daughter the night before the launch, for example - something that could have seen the launch scrubbed and her thrown off the programme - and that's just the culmination of a pattern of behaviour.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭Pen Rua

Started this last night on your recommendation - very intriguing start. I've never gone for these Scandi / Nordic dramas before.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

The Houseboat (German)
    With plenty of passion and little know-how, two musicians undertake a daunting project: turn a late singer's houseboat into a creative musical space

StarBeam Season 3
    When colorful villains come out to play, 8-year-old Zoey has the power to transform into StarBeam, a kid-sized superhero. She saves the day, every day!

added

• Registered Users Posts: 8,518 ✭✭✭brevity

I’m about 6 episodes in. It’s amazing. I’m totally hooked

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Last Chance U: Basketball
    The award-winning documentary series, originally inspired by a feature article in GQ magazine, returns to focus on a new sport. Over the course of eight episodes, viewers will follow the East Los Angeles College Huskies (ELAC) in their high stakes chase to an unprecedented California state basketball championship. Led by passionate head coach John Mosley, the ELAC team is made up of former D1 recruits and powerhouse athletes hustling to prove themselves for a last chance to fulfill their dreams of playing at the next level. But the team is tested as the players battle adversity, inner demons, and emotions on and off the court.

She Dies Tomorrow
    Amy Seimetz’s low-key memento mori delivers a panicky relay race of existential dread. One of the best films of 2020.

Marriage or Mortgage: Season 1
    A wedding planner and a real estate agent compete to win the hearts and budgets of spouses-to-be. Will they pick fairy-tale nuptials or a dream home?

Dealer: Season 1 (French)
    Tensions erupt when two filmmakers infiltrate an area ruled by gangs to shoot a music video for a rapper in this gritty found-footage series

Scandi & Romanian Wednesday
    10,000 Hours
    A Month in Thailand
    Alt Love Building
    .Dear John
    Dear Relatives
    Departe de tine
    Framed
    Gossip
    It’s All About Friends
    Kira Kiralina
    Klara
    Live
    Love Building
    Marita
    Miffo
    Miracolul din Tekir
    Perfect sãnãtos
    Povestea unui pierde vara
    Puzzle
    Se upp för dårarna
    Shanty Town
    She Dies Tomorrow
    Silent Wedding
    Sweet Little Lies in Downtown
    The Bells in Old Town
    The Call-Up
    The Children
    The Flute and the Arrow
    The Green Moon
    The Job
    The Jönsson Gang Gets Gold Fever
    The Lady in Black
    The Sentries
    The White Cat
    We Love Moses

added

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭secondrowgal

brevity wrote: »
    I’m about 6 episodes in. It’s amazing. I’m totally hooked

Is that the full title? I can’t find it.

Is that the full title? I can’t find it.

Trapped on Amazon Prime (not Netfix)

Pen Rua wrote: »
    Trapped on Amazon Prime (not Netfix)

should this site not be for Netflix only?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Adored previous seasons of Last Chance U so it'll be interestong to see what its like with the switch to basketball

dublin49 wrote: »
    should this site not be for Netflix only?

Someone mentioned an actress who was in a Netflix show. A poster commented she was in Trapped which they said was a better show and that's how we're here.

• Advertisement

[MEA CULPA

Advertisement