Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix Recommendations Thread 3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭spuddy90

Pen Rua wrote:
    Someone mentioned an actress who was in a Netflix show. A poster commented she was in Trapped which they said was a better show and that's how we're here.

If you use a vpn Trapped is on Netflix Canada

• Registered Users Posts: 11,751 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

spuddy90 wrote: »
    If you use a vpn Trapped is on Netflix Canada

Out of curiosity, would you happen to know if it's available with the dubbed version as apposed to subtitles?

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭spuddy90

Just checked and I can't see a dubbed option. Just subtitles. Season 1 a very good watch

spuddy90 wrote: »
    Just checked and I can't see a dubbed option. Just subtitles. Season 1 a very good watch

Sound I'll stick with it on prime so, I watched the first one and certainly looks interesting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,252 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

Just watched the white church murders. A good mini series worth a watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Sakana

Behind Her Eyes. Interesting story, well acted. Goes so off the rails in the last two episodes, you may regret having watched it.

Bono's daughter is a promising actress.

Coven of Sisters (Spainish)
    Basque Country, 1609. To postpone their execution, a group of women accused of witchcraft lure their inquisitor into witnessing the witches' Sabbath.

The Block Island Sound
    On an island, a fisherman's family faces horrors and dark truths when an ominous force begins killing the wildlife and puts their own lives in danger

added

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

Sakana wrote: »
    Behind Her Eyes. Interesting story, well acted. Goes so off the rails in the last two episodes, you may regret having watched it.

Bono's daughter is a promising actress.

My OH liked the ending, I thought it was ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

My OH liked the ending, I thought it was ridiculous.

Thankfully, I found out what the twist involved. If I hadn't and I watched the whole thing to get to the twist, I would have been so angry with myself for wasting my time, I would have punched myself in the dick.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭Masala

Thankfully, I found out what the twist involved. If I hadn't and I watched the whole thing to get to the twist, I would have been so angry with myself for wasting my time, I would have punched myself in the dick.

....ooooohhh I can feel your pain from here!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,401 ✭✭✭Homelander

Behind Her Eyes was like an extended poor episode of Black Mirror. It was interesting and there was a lot of misdirection to keep you guessing as to who did what exactly....but I preferred it the first few episodes when it was a drama.

Not terrible though. A good idea that could've been done better, the acting is fairly good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

About Behind Her Eyes -
    What annoyed me was that initially it came across as a love triangle and adultery mixed in with some serious mental health issues. All pretty grounded and realistic. But when it went down the paranormal route I felt it got ridiculous as it allowed them to create absolutely any ending they wanted to without constraints. Easy to have twists if you are not constrained by what most people accept as reality

Not bad but a bit over-hyped.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

What annoyed me was that initially it came across as a love triangle and adultery mixed in with some serious mental health issues. All pretty grounded and realistic. But when it went down the paranormal route I felt it got ridiculous as it allowed them to create absolutely any ending they wanted to without constraints. Easy to have twists if you are not constrained by what most people accept as reality

Not bad but a bit over-hyped.

I don't know what this is about without reading it. I assume it's about Behind Her Eyes which I wasn't going to watch anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

FunLover18 wrote: »
    I don't know what this is about without reading it. I assume it's about Behind Her Eyes which I wasn't going to watch anyway.

Sorry, yes it's about Behind Her Eyes. Have updated my post.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭robwen

• Registered Users Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭Porthallian

Not sure I'll even bother watching Behind Her Eyes now judging on some of the feedback.

Also it does irritate me slightly knowing that there's a "twist". I'll be waiting the entire show for said twist to arrive.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Not sure I'll even bother watching Behind Her Eyes now judging on some of the feedback.

Also it does irritate me slightly knowing that there's a "twist". I'll be waiting the entire show for said twist to arrive.

I've always been of the mind that revealing there's a twist, even without giving it away, is a spoiler in itself.

Or when reviewers use phrases like "we meet Bruce Willis's character who appears to be a normal child psychologist".

I've watched three episodes and after reading this thread, I won't be rushing back to finish it off.

beware people

Netflix asks password borrowers to get their own accounts in new test

Well, it was bound to happen at some point – Netflix has started to crack down on users sharing passwords. The move comes in what the company calls a test that tells password borrowers to sign up for their own accounts without fully blocking them from continuing to use the currently shared one.

First spotted by The Streamable, Netflix users this week who borrow a password from family or a friend started noticing an alert about not living with the account owner.

If you don’t live with the owner of this account, you need your own account to keep watching.

The message includes an option to “Join Free for 30 Days,” or if you’re the owner, verify the account with a 2FA code via email or text, or “Verify Later.” While it looks like it would be possible to keep using the same account, it’s unclear how often Netflix might ask for the verification for those that pick the “Verify Later” option.

The Streamable heard back from Netflix on the change who said “This test is designed to help ensure that people using Netflix accounts are authorized to do so.” However, the phrasing of the pop-up feels more pointed.

https://9to5mac.com/2021/03/11/netflix-password-sharing-crackdown-test/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

peteeeed wrote: »
    beware people

Netflix asks password borrowers to get their own accounts in new test

Well, it was bound to happen at some point – Netflix has started to crack down on users sharing passwords. The move comes in what the company calls a test that tells password borrowers to sign up for their own accounts without fully blocking them from continuing to use the currently shared one.

First spotted by The Streamable, Netflix users this week who borrow a password from family or a friend started noticing an alert about not living with the account owner.

If you don’t live with the owner of this account, you need your own account to keep watching.

The message includes an option to “Join Free for 30 Days,” or if you’re the owner, verify the account with a 2FA code via email or text, or “Verify Later.” While it looks like it would be possible to keep using the same account, it’s unclear how often Netflix might ask for the verification for those that pick the “Verify Later” option.

The Streamable heard back from Netflix on the change who said “This test is designed to help ensure that people using Netflix accounts are authorized to do so.” However, the phrasing of the pop-up feels more pointed.

https://9to5mac.com/2021/03/11/netflix-password-sharing-crackdown-test/

So the account owner could just verify it for anyone who was using one of their screens?

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭grassylawn

Huh? What difference does it make if someone is in the same house or not? My account is shared with three people that I know of who don't live with me. Never even knew you weren't supposed to do that. I have the premium sub for the HDR content and that option includes enabling several people to watch at once.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭RurtBeynolds

grassylawn wrote: »
    Huh? What difference does it make if someone is in the same house or not? My account is shared with three people that I know of who don't live with me. Never even knew you weren't supposed to do that. I have the premium sub for the HDR content and that option includes enabling several people to watch at once.

Makes a pretty big difference to the service provider I'd imagine. I mean I'd have thought it was fairly obvious that allowing multiple devices at the same time is to cater to whole households. Not for people to just share their memberships.

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭grassylawn

Makes a pretty big difference to the service provider I'd imagine. I mean I'd have thought it was fairly obvious that allowing multiple devices at the same time is to cater to whole households. Not for people to just share their memberships.
    I don't see the difference. I don't really care if some freeloaders get bumped off my account, but it might have annoyed me in other circumstances.

Their Plans and pricing page does not say anything about a restriction. Unless you literally take it that you personally want to watch four screens at the same time, like that kid in that sci fi movie from the 80s.

I do see it in the terms of use though - "may not share outside your household". Never looked at the terms before.

Love Alarm: Season 2
    Based on the popular webtoon by comics author Chon Kye-young, this series promises a unique take on romance, following on from the original’s unique drawing style and in-depth emotional expressions.

Paper Lives
    In the streets of Istanbul, ailing waste warehouse worker Mehmet takes a small boy under his wing and must soon confront his own traumatic childhood.

Pet Sematary (2019)
    This remake resurrects the spirit of Stephen King’s and Mary Lambert’s originals, while still coming out different.

The One: Season 1
    The One is set five minutes in the future, in a world where a DNA test can find your perfect partner – the one person you’re genetically predisposed to fall passionately in love with. No matter how good your relationship, which one of us can honestly say we haven’t thought about whether there is someone better out there? What if a hair sample is all it takes to find them?

The Sisters Brothers
    Get on these siblings’ wavelength and you’ll be rewarded with an enjoyably unusual Western.

Paradise PD Season 3
    An eager young rookie joins the ragtag small-town police force led by his dad as they bumble, squabble and snort their way through a big drug case.

Yes Day
    Always feeling like they have to say no to their kids and co-workers, Allison and Carlos (Jennifer Garner and Edgar Ramirez) decide to give their three kids a “Yes Day”, where the children make the rules and they have no option but to go with the adventurous flow.

Quiet
    The lives of three Chilean teenage misfits converge as they try to find their place in an unequal society through hip-hop and lasting friendships.

Into the Wild
    A young man gives up everything -- including his trust fund and ties to a seemingly stable family -- to lead a solitary life in the wild.

added

• Registered Users Posts: 9,373 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Yes Day appears to be a bit of a dud which is a shame as Miguel Arteta has done some decent work in the past.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

Don't bother with the Pet Semetary remake. It's terrible. The original has dated fairly badly but it still packs way more of a punch than the remake.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,272 ✭✭✭Barna77

Don't bother with the Pet Semetary remake. It's terrible. The original has dated fairly badly but it still packs way more of a punch than the remake.

As much as I love the book, that's one movie I can't watch again because of one scene... :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 43,874 ✭✭✭✭Basq

S.M.B. wrote: »
    Yes Day appears to be a bit of a dud which is a shame as Miguel Arteta has done some decent work in the past.
    The trailer was so overly sweet I got a toothache from watching it. One for the kiddies maybe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,519 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

peteeeed wrote: »

Into the Wild
    A young man gives up everything -- including his trust fund and ties to a seemingly stable family -- to lead a solitary life in the wild.

added

What a soundtrack. Good movie too

Advertisement