Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix Recommendations Thread 3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,751 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

seligehgit wrote: »
    Really enjoyed Baptiste.

Excellent fare.

It's a good follow up to 'The Missing'

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Charlie19 wrote: »
    It's a good follow up to 'The Missing'

Sorry is that series on Netflix?I can't see it.

Thanks.

seligehgit wrote: »
    Sorry is that series on Netflix?I can't see it.

Thanks.

Unfortunately it's not but it is on Amazon Prime though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,373 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

peteeeed wrote: »
    Operation Varsity Blues: The College Admissions Scandal
    Reenactments drive this documentary investigating the mastermind behind a scam to get the kids of rich and famous families into top US universities.

added
    I did not realise until today that this was a Netflix title /original / whatever it actually is. Delighted to see it land unexpectedly.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Cabras da Peste (Get the goat)
    A buddy cop movie genre with a Brazilian twist, Cabras da Peste has two policemen with opposite personalities working together to solve a crime and beat a criminal, while developing a very special friendship – in this case, to rescue a special goat.

Nate Bargatze: The Greatest Average American
    Share: WhatsAppTelegram Nate Bargatze touches on Zoom comedy shows, losing his phone, hotel breakfast fails, animal caddies, new math and much more in this special.

B: The Beginning season 2
    Genius investigator Keith Flick rejoins the royal police force just as serial killer "B" emerges. Mysterious youth Koku may be an ally, or a target.

Deadly Illusions
    After a bestselling novelist suffering from writer's block hires a new nanny for her children, the line between fiction and reality starts to blur

Skylines
    When a mysterious alien virus begins to endanger humanity, an elite team of soldiers launches into space to end the threat for good.

added

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭den87

Put on Unforgotten season 1 there and it says last chance to watch is March 30. Better get cracking.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭dublin49

Charlie19 wrote: »
    Unfortunately it's not but it is on Amazon Prime though.

Bapiste is on Netflik

dublin49 wrote: »
    Bapiste is on Netflik

Correct:)

Formula 1: Drive to Survive: Season 3
    Fans will be given unprecedented behind the scenes access to the 2020 F1 season which saw the sport dramatically halted in Australia due to the coronavirus pandemic and make a thrilling restart in Austria later that year.

Country Comfort: Season 1
    After hitting the skids in her career, an aspiring country singer finds new life as a nanny for a handsome widower and his five charming children.

Sky Rojo: Season 1
    This new series from Álex Pina (Money Heist) follows Coral (Verónica Sánchez), Wendy (Lali Espósito) and Gina (Yany Prado), three women who go on the run in search of freedom while being chased by Romeo (Asier Etxeandia), their pimp from Las Novias Club, and his henchmen, Moisés (Miguel Ángel Silvestre) and Christian (Enric Auquer). Together, the women embark on a frantic, chaotic journey during which they must face dangers of all kinds and live every second as if it were their last, while strengthening their friendship and discovering the most important thing: that together they are stronger and have more options to recover their lives.

The Yin Yang Master
    A feud erupts between realms, and Yin Yang master Qing Ming teams up with disgraced guard Yuan Boya to vanquish a demonic threat as a conspiracy looms.

One Small Problem (Mexican)
    The love of his life hates kids. So when his 9-year-old daughter suggests she pretend to be his sister... what could go wrong?

Fatale
    A one-night stand in Las Vegas turns into a nightmare for a married, successful sports agent when the stranger he cheated with wreaks havoc on his life.

Wonder Park
    When her dream amusement park is in jeopardy, a young girl with a wild imagination sets off to save the fantasy wonderland with her furry friends.

Little
    When a nightmarish boss is transformed into her teen self, she's forced to go back to school, while her long-suffering assistant has to run the company.

Molly's Game
    Former Olympian Molly Bloom ran a high-stakes poker game for the stars -- until her lofty lifestyle nearly sent her to prison.

added

• Registered Users Posts: 16,133 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

den87 wrote: »
    Put on Unforgotten season 1 there and it says last chance to watch is March 30. Better get cracking.

I am nearly finished season 2 and loving it . I better hurry up so thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,435 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

anyone seen any of Sky Rojo yet to have an opinion on it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭den87

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    I am nearly finished season 2 and loving it . I better hurry up so thanks

Hopefully it doesn’t get pulled, it’s not on any of the sites or anything.

Any Crybabies Around? (Japanese)
    An immature young father in Akita becomes an outcast in his community after a media incident. Two years later he returns to ineptly try to make amends.

Hospital (Chinese)
    In an abandoned hospital in Tainan, visitors seeking to communicate with their relatives' spirits are haunted by disturbing, supernatural occurrences.

Mighty Morphin Power Rangers Season 4
    Five average teens are chosen by an intergalactic wizard to become the Power Rangers, who must use their new powers to fight the evil Rita Repulsa.

added

watched 3 series of Uncle ,would recommend it ,but be prepared initially to think it all a bit cliched and a bit frantic but it settles down with really good characters and some funny set pieces and ends up an enjoyable watch

• Registered Users Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭budgemook

Moxie - not very subtle with it's message, not one bit. Message aside, it's like every other teen highschool movie since the 90s. It's grand but nothing you haven't seen before.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,055 ✭✭✭joeguevara

dublin49 wrote: »
    watched 3 series of Uncle ,would recommend it ,but be prepared initially to think it all a bit cliched and a bit frantic but it settles down with really good characters and some funny set pieces and ends up an enjoyable watch

Loved this and nick helm is absolutely brilliant. Songs invariably in each episode are class too. Some great individual performances too including his ex girlfriends transvestite father val, his seemingly boring love interest melodie and his nerdy but talented nephew errol. Thoroughly recommend.

Watched mollys game last night. Assuming it's based on a true story of a talented skier who suffers an injury stopping her Olympic hopes. She then set up a regular high stakes poker game which attracts Russian mafia leading to a court case. Really enjoyed it.

Fatale remake of sorts on stranger on a train,pretty poor effort as well.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

Watched Unforgotten after seeing all the recommendations on this thread. I honestly didn't think too much of the first series but kept going cause I'd nothing better to watch. Series two and three are both excellent though, just got better and better as they progressed.

Good to see there's a series 4 currently being shown, though looks like it'll be a long time being added to Netflix. Itv player doesn't work in Ireland either so I'll probably have to use a VPN or something. But yes, mostly excellent show that's definitely worth your time!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Good to see there's a series 4 currently being shown, though looks like it'll be a long time being added to Netflix. Itv player doesn't work in Ireland either so I'll probably have to use a VPN or something. But yes, mostly excellent show that's definitely worth your time!

The other series were on RTÉ before they were on Netflix

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,506 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

I thought Mosul was excellent.

Tight drama following a renegade crew go about their mission through Mosul in 2016.

It's in Arabic but the dialogue is minimal so the subtitles are easy to keep up with whilst following the action.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

The other series were on RTÉ before they were on Netflix

Good to know, but after watching three series back to back on Netflix I don't think I'm willing to wait that long tbh.

Good to know, but after watching three series back to back on Netflix I don't think I'm willing to wait that long tbh.

New series is on IPTV!

Plenty of providers advertising on the likes of facebook and twitter.

I've just signed up to a six month sub for €51, I only keep Netflix because its only €6 a month just in case IPTV fails.

Crazy Rich Asians
    When she joins her boyfriend on a trip to his native Singapore, Rachel Chu discovers his family's luxurious wealth and faces his disapproving mother.

added

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭Pen Rua

The Red Sea Diving Resort (2019) was recommended by a friend. In a sentence: it was a poor man's Argo. Starring Chris Evans (Marvel), Haley Bennet (Magnificent Seven) & Michael K Williams (The Wire). "Inspired by" (≠ based on) true events.

We follow a group of international agents who go to Sudan to help rescue the population of Ethiopian Jews and bring them to Israel. In order to facilitate the escape, the agents take the lease of a diving resort under the guise of investors and use that to smuggle the people.

Similar to Argo, we follow a group of agents going into a hostile area to rescue their people. Similar to Argo, they use the guise of a business to get in and accomplish their mission. And both are inspired by / based on real life.

Argo was much more slick in its operation. There was more tension, better cinematography and a stronger cast / a cast better utilized. The Red Sea... is not a bad movie; it's a grand 6/10, but I would suggest Argo before I would suggest The Red Sea... There were some glaring plot holes (
    doing a 16 hour return journey within the day in Sudan...? And 400 people fitting in a cramped American military plane?
    I found these really took me out of the movie. Now, plot holes could also exist in Argo, but they did not take me out as much as The Red Sea... did.

What’s Coming to Netflix UK in April (early edition)

N=Netflix original

April 1st
    Alleycats (2016) – Action-thriller starring Poldark actress Eleanor Tomlinson
    American Girl: Grace Stirs Up Success (2015) – Family comedy musical
    Beneath (2013) – Horror that pits a group of trapped high-school seniors against a giant man-eating fish.
    Cast Away (2000) – Drama starring Tom Hanks as Chuck Noland, a FedEx executive that is left stranded on a deserted island after surviving a plane crash.

Collateral (2004) – Crime-thriller about a cab driver held hostage as his assassin customer carries out of his contracts in LA, in one night.
    Curve (2015) – Hitch-hiker horror with Julianne Hough.
    Death Becomes Her (1992) – Horror-comedy from Back to the Future director Robert Zemeckis.
    In the Name of the Father (1993) – Daniel Day-Lewis and Emma Thompson star in this biopic of the man wrongfully sentenced for an I.R.A. bombing.
    Jarhead 2: Field of Fire (2014) – War-drama.
    Love Story (1990) – Classic romantic drama starring Ali MacGraw and Ryan O’Neal.
    Masterpiece: Worricker: Salting the Battlefield (2014) – British crime-drama starring Bill Nighy and Helena Bonham Carter
    Masterpiece: Worricker: Turks and Caicos (2014) – Bill Nighy returns as Worricker, a British Spy forced out of retirement when his past catches up with him.
    Murder on the Home Front (2013) – WW2 drama.
    Outcast (2014) – Nicholas Cage action-adventure where he plays a warrior on a quest for vengeance.
    Out of Time (2003) – A Police Chief is left in hot water when money from a drug raid is stolen, and his mistress is found dead. It’s a race against time to prove his innocence before the FBI can catch him.
    page eight netflix
    Page Eight (2011) – British crime-drama.
    Prank Encounters (Season 2) N – Gaten Matarazzo returns for a second helping of scaring unsuspecting victims in ‘terrifying’ pranks.
    Raw Deal (1986) – John Irvin directs this Arnold Schwarzenegger crime thriller.
    R.L. Stine’s Monsterville: Cabinet of Souls (2015) – Children’s fantasy horror from Goosebumps creator R.L. Stine.
    Raw Deal (1986) – Classic ass-kicking action-thriller with Arnold Schwarzenegger.
    Shrek (2001) – To free his home refugee fairy tale creatures, the ogre Shrek is sent on a quest with a talking Donkey to free the beautiful Princess Fiona from a dragon-guarded castle.
    Shrek 2 (2004) – In celebration of their marriage, Shrek and Fiona are invited to the kingdom of Far Far Away, where Fiona’s parents reign. But upon arriving the newlyweds aren’t as welcome as they’d hoped.
    Shrek the Musical (2013) – DreamWork’s beloved animated comedy was brought to life on stage, featuring an incredible run on Broadway and The West End.
    Sleepers (1996) – Crime-thriller with an all-star male cast of Bacon, Hoffman, De Niro, and Pitt.
    They Live (1988) – Cult classic starring Roddy Piper as Nada, the lone wanderer with a special pair of sunglasses that allows him to see the world for what it truly is, dominated by mind-controlling aliens.
    The Borrowers (2011) – TV-movie adaptation starring Christopher Eccleston of the classic English fantasy novel.
    The Hitcher (2007) – A serial killer pins his murderous crimes on two unsuspecting college students.
    The Land Before Time 2: The Great Valley Adventure (1994) – Pre-historic animated adventure.
    The Time Traveller’s Wife (2009) – A husband’s marriage is put to the test when his involuntary power to time travel gets too much for his wife.
    Turks & Caicos (2014) – Winona Ryder and Bill Nighy feature in this crime mystery drama.
    Twister (1996) – Smash-hit disaster thriller starring Bill Paxton and Helen Hunt.
    Wild Bill (2011) – British crime-drama.
    Worn Stories (Season 1) N – A docuseries dedicated to clothes. Created by Orange is the New Black creator Jenji Kohan and Morgan Neville.

April 2nd
    Concrete Cowboy (2021) N – Teenager Cole moves from Detroit to North Philadelphia to live with his estranged horseback riding father.
    Just Say Yes (2021) N – Dutch comedy featuring Yolanthe Cabau as Lotte, a woman whose life is upended after years of planning her wedding only for the groom to cancel last minute.
    Madame Claude (2021) N – Biographical drama about the famous french brothel owner Madame Claude.
    Sky High (2021) N – Spanish action thriller

April 5th
    Coded Bias (2020) – In-depth documentary based on the research of MIT Media Lab researcher Joy Buolamwini, which lead to the discovery that current facial recognition technology does not accurately detect darker-skinned faces.
    Family Reunion (Part 3) N – When the McKellan family moves from Seattle to Georgia, they struggle to adapt to life in the South.

April 7th
    Snabba Cash (Season 1) N – Swedish crime drama.
    The Big Day (Collection 2) N – Next set of episodes of the Indian reality series.
    This is a Robbery: The World’s Biggest Art Heist (Limited Series) N – Docu-series on a heist that occurred in the 1990s.

April 8th
    The Way of the House Husband (Season 1) N – Japanese anime series that sees the legendary Yakuza ‘Immortal Tatsu’ retire from gang-life, and settle down as a house husband.

April 9th
    Have You Ever Seen Fireflies? (2021) N
    Night in Paradise (2021) N – Former South Korean mobster Tae-Soo flees for his life after the death of his sister and nephew. Arriving on Jeju Island, Tae-Soo meets Jae-Yoon, a terminally ill woman who has given up on life.
    Thunder Force (2021) N – Superhero comedy starring Melissa McCarthy and Octavia Spencer.

April 11th
    a star is born netflix
    A Star Is Born (2018) – Lady Gaga and Bradley Cooper headline this musical romance.

April 15th
    Ride or Die (2021) N – Japanese LGBT psychological-thriller

April 16th
    Dad Stop Embarrassing Me (Season 1) N – Sitcom starring Jamie Foxx as a single father and successful cosmetics brand owner gets a crash course in fatherhood when his teenage daughter movies in with him.

April 21st
    Zero (Season 1) N – Italian superhero-drama series.

April 23rd
    Shadow and Bone (1 Season) N – Based on the best-selling Grishaverse novels by Leigh Bardugo, the fantasy-drama takes place in a world ravaged by war, where the threat of the Shadow Fold threatens to destroy everything. When Alina Starkov’s magical powers are revealed to the world, she is sent to train and hone her magical abilities as Grisha, an elite army of magical soldiers.

April 29th
    Yasuke (Season 1) N – Anime series from LeSean Thomas.

April 30th
    The Innocent (Limited Series) N – Spanish crime-drama that centers around Mateo, the man who became an accidental murderer after interceding in a fight nine years ago.
    Things Heard and Seen (2021) N – Horror thriller starring Amanda Seyfriend and Natalia Dyer.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭budgemook

The Best of Enemies

Solid enough Deep South USA historical drama which is pretty predictable as you would expect but is kept interesting by some decent performances from the 2 leads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

peteeeed wrote: »
    What’s Coming to Netflix UK in April (early edition)

Thanks Pete

With restrictions dropping in the States, is there any new Standup Comedy on the horizon?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,847 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I can finally watch sleepers again. I love Robert De Niro in this movie. That final courtroom scene with the tickets is great.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,343 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    I can finally watch sleepers again. I love Robert De Niro in this movie. That final courtroom scene with the tickets is great.

That’s a cracking movie delighted to give it another watch

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭Masala

Itssoeasy wrote: »

Great Movie..... Dustin Hoffman 'all over the place' lawyer scene is brilliant acting. The plot line is very clever..... fully recommended viewing.

Advertisement