Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix Recommendations Thread 3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Masala wrote: »
    Great Movie..... Dustin Hoffman 'all over the place' lawyer scene is brilliant acting. The plot line is very clever..... fully recommended viewing.

Billy crudup is gorgeous in it, even though he doesn’t have much of a role in it.

Yes it’s a brilliant film.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Men on a Mission (A Hyung I Know) (Korean) season 6
    Male celebs play make-believe as high schoolers, welcoming star transfer students every week and engaging in battles of witty humor and slapstick.

Loyiso Gola: Unlearning
    South African comedian Loyiso Gola serves up filter-free humor as he riffs about race, identity, politics, and a school prank gone embarrassingly wrong!

added

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Trying to watch Drive to survive at the minute but it won’t load??

All other shows are fine. Never had the issue before.
    Any ideas??

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭bugsyb4

Anyone any clue what time shows leave Netflix? Got onto them on chat but were beyond useless..

Started watching Unforgotten from recommendations here (excellent btw so thanks) and leaving on 30th March so cutting it tight to have all watched. Hoping to have Season 1 done tonight!

bugsyb4 wrote: »
    Anyone any clue what time shows leave Netflix? Got onto them on chat but were beyond useless..

Started watching Unforgotten from recommendations here (excellent btw so thanks) and leaving on 30th March so cutting it tight to have all watched. Hoping to have Season 1 done tonight!

times for leaving and added is normally midnight west coast of America which is 8am here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,211 ✭✭✭✭km79

Oh thanks for that
    I just started season 3 !
    Only 6 episodes though so should be grand

peteeeed wrote: »
    times for leaving and added is normally midnight west coast of America which is 8am here

Just to confirm you are saying will leave 8am March 31st then?

When Netflix has the banner saying leaving for any show I use US time to go off then, very handy to know!

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭saggycaggy

km79 wrote: »
    Oh thanks for that
    I just started season 3 !
    Only 6 episodes though so should be grand

We must start Season 3 this week too, before it's gone. How many series are there altogether?? There's 4 on Netflix i think.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

Fawlty Towers is leaving on March 30. Sat down and watched a couple of episodes with the kids last night. It's still hilarious but there's not a hope in hell a show like that could be made now.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,332 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Fawlty Towers is leaving on March 30. Sat down and watched a couple of episodes with the kids last night. It's still hilarious but there's not a hope in hell a show like that could be made now.

Oh it could, just not be the BBC

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Advertisement

Just to confirm you are saying will leave 8am March 31st then?

When Netflix has the banner saying leaving for any show I use US time to go off then, very handy to know!

i'm not confirming anything :)

i'm not confirming anything :)

Would ya stop you know all :):)

Thanks for daily updates btw very useful.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

Has anyone watched the sinner on Netflix? Does it get good? I've watched a few episodes and i cant get into it not sure whether to hold out

• Registered Users Posts: 3,272 ✭✭✭Barna77

Lashes28 wrote: »
    Has anyone watched the sinner on Netflix? Does it get good? I've watched a few episodes and i cant get into it not sure whether to hold out
    I've watched seasons 1 and 3.
    I did like it, s1 is probably better.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭VonLuck

Lashes28 wrote: »

If you didn't like it after the first episode it's probably not for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Heckler

I like Paradise PD if only in a fcuk they didn't just say/do that did they way. Some real laugh out loud moments too though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,055 ✭✭✭joeguevara

Rewatched operation Odessa this evening and I'm equally as gobsmacked as I was the first time I watched it. Not much blows my mind but this does.

No true crime documentary can ever come close to the literal bizarre and roller coaster experience that you have here.

¿Qui;én mató a Sara?(Who Killed Sara?) season 1 (Mexican)
    Hell-bent on exacting revenge and proving he was framed for his sister's murder, Álex sets out to unearth much more than the crime's real culprit.

Seaspiracy
    Passionate about ocean life, a filmmaker sets out to document the harm that humans do to marine species -- and uncovers alarming global corruption.

Added

• Registered Users Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

joeguevara wrote: »
    Rewatched operation Odessa this evening and I'm equally as gobsmacked as I was the first time I watched it. Not much blows my mind but this does.

No true crime documentary can ever come close to the literal bizarre and roller coaster experience that you have here.

Watched the first few minutes yesterday, hopefully finish it today

April 22nd

• Advertisement

April 22nd

Yes yes yes
    I think we all need a bit of David Attenborough in our lives this year

joeguevara wrote: »

Lovely will watch that
    Never heard of it before now

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

The Chalet is a top notch watch.

Top heavy on the suspense element.

The Kominsky Method returns for its third and final season on Friday, May 28

• Registered Users Posts: 16,133 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Just finished 3 seasons of Unforgotten . It gets better and better and now I am sorry I am finished because I will miss it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Just finished 3 seasons of Unforgotten . It gets better and better and now I am sorry I am finished because I will miss it

The moment when the killer reveals themselves is one of the most chilling TV moments I've seen in recent years. Great acting.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,873 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Watched the first series of Unforgotten years ago and really enjoyed it but think I lost touch of it somewhere in season 2.

Watching it with the better half now and loving it.. despite us slagging it a lot (e.g every single person interviewed seems to have net curtains they fold back when Cassie and Sunny are walking back to their car?! :D).

• Registered Users Posts: 11,751 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Unforgotten is right up there with the best of British drama.

I watched a dark movie called American Dreamer. It's about a guy that became an Uber driver after loosing his normal good paying career in IT, which lead to separation from his wife and child.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6769326/

Blue Is the Warmest Color
    Determined to fall in love, 15-year-old Adele is focused on boys. But it's a blue-haired girl she meets on the street who really piques her interest.

Caught by a Wave
    After falling in love at a sailing summer camp in Sicily, reality comes crashing down on a teenage couple when a harsh truth prompts a pivotal decision.

DOTA: Dragon's Blood Season 1
    A new animated series based on the popular DOTA 2 video-game franchise tells the story of Davion, a renowned Dragon Knight devoted to wiping the scourge from the face of the world. Following encounters with a powerful, ancient eldwurm as well as the noble Princess Mirana on a secret mission of her own, Davion becomes embroiled in events much larger than he could have ever imagined.

Shtisel Season 3
    A Haredi family living in an ultra-Orthodox neighborhood of Jerusalem reckons with love, loss and the doldrums of daily life.

Pui Pui Molcar Season 1
    They're guinea pigs! And they're cars! The fuzzy and adorable molcars have lots of fun adventures in this delightful stop-motion animation.

Secret Magic Control Agency
    Hansel and Gretel of fairy tale fame -- now acting as secret agents -- must use magic, clever thinking and teamwork on a mission to find a missing king.

added

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

FunLover18 wrote: »
    The moment when the killer reveals themselves is one of the most chilling TV moments I've seen in recent years. Great acting.

Next level acting for sure

I watched the first 3 seasons in a week, it's like the crack cocaine of British Drama (in the same way early Line Of Duty was)

Big, big recommendation for Unforgotten. I'm watching Season 4 (not yet on Netflix) from tonight

Advertisement