Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix Recommendations Thread 3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,437 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Blue is the warmest colour. Just make sure the kids are asleep before watching. Nothing left to the imagination! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,133 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

ShineOn7 wrote: »
    Next level acting for sure

I watched the first 3 seasons in a week, it's like the crack cocaine of British Drama (in the same way early Line Of Duty was)

Big, big recommendation for Unforgotten. I'm watching Season 4 (not yet on Netflix) from tonight

Where are you watching season 4 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

joeguevara wrote: »
    Rewatched operation Odessa this evening and I'm equally as gobsmacked as I was the first time I watched it. Not much blows my mind but this does.

No true crime documentary can ever come close to the literal bizarre and roller coaster experience that you have here.

Watched this last night. Insane story although it really glosses over the absolute scumbags these guys must have been. It almost feels a GTA version of a documentary.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Where are you watching season 4 ?

Its been on ITV the past few weeks. On ITV hub if you use vpn to connect.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,862 ✭✭✭mikhail

olvias wrote: »
    Just finished Queens Gambit. I really liked it, not into Chess but the lead actress is lovely!
    She's also in a big role in Morgan, a middle of the road sci fi in the vein of Ex Machina, directed by Ridley Scott's son. It's not on netflix, but it was on TV recently.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭DuffleBag

Watched Seaspiracy there today. 100% recommend it. It's like a mix of Blackfish / Whale Wars / The Game Changers.

Scary really when you really take a look at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

DuffleBag wrote: »
    Watched Seaspiracy there today. 100% recommend it. It's like a mix of Blackfish / Whale Wars / The Game Changers.

Scary really when you really take a look at it.

Finished it earlier, a hard watch at times.

Why, oh why did they not call it Conspirasea though?

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭Champagne Sally

Watching The Break at the moment, Belgian crime drama. I’m really enjoying it, would recommend.

Finished it earlier, a hard watch at times.

Why, oh why did they not call it Conspirasea though?

It's such a bad name, I assumed it was one those stupid conspiracy documentaries about aliens atlantis..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Thanks to the posters who recommended the film trial by fire. It was brilliant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

Is it an April Fools joke that the Mrs. Brown Movie is advertised as coming on April 1st?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

The Irregulars: Season 1
    This supernatural mystery series will bring a darkness to the fringes of Arthur Conan Doyle’s 19th-century London, where the titular group of misfits work to solve crimes at the behest of Dr Watson and his elusive partner, Sherlock Holmes. As the cases take on a horrifying edge and a dark power emerges, it’ll be up to the gang to come together to save London, each other, and potentially the entire world.

Brooklyn Nine-Nine: Season 7

Eighth Grade
    Bo Burnham’s brilliant directorial debut captures the pains of growing up in an online age with awkward intimacy.

Bad Trip
    In this hidden-camera prank comedy, two best friends bond on a wild road trip to New York as they pull real people into their raunchy, raucous antics.

A Week Away
    In this uplifting musical, a troubled teen takes a leap of faith by attending summer camp — and unexpectedly finds love, friends and a place to belong.

Magic for Humans by Mago Pop: Season 1
    Illusionist Mago Pop takes to the streets of Barcelona, where he amazes folks of all ages and walks of life with tricks that inspire delight and wonder.

Nailed It: Double Trouble! Season 1
    What could be more messy than one Nailed It! contestant? Teams! From brothers to drag queens, this season’s cast of duos promise twice the fun and double the fails.

Elizabeth and Margaret: Love and Loyalty
    This docuseries takes an intimate look at the complex, widely misunderstood relationship between Queen Elizabeth II and her sister, Princess Margaret.

Black Is Beltza
    A young Basque man is radicalized in 1960s America after being forbidden from participating in a parade on racial grounds.

Eighth Grade
    Despite her social isolation and fears about high school, a shy eighth grader musters up optimism to make it through the last week of middle school.

Keeping the Bees (Turkish)
    Ayşe returns from Germany to her Black Sea hometown and sets out to fulfill her mom's dying wish -- to care for her beloved bee farms.

Ni de coña
    Trying to fix their relationships, four couples attend a spiritual retreat at a Caribbean resort, where temptation and mishaps add problems to the mix.

Greta
    When a trusting young woman returns a left-behind handbag to a lonely widow, they spark up a friendship that soon turns into something sinister

The Worst Witch Season 3
    After stumbling into a school for witches, a bumbling heroine comes to realize that she jus

added

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭Yester

Rewatched operation Odessa this evening and I'm equally as gobsmacked as I was the first time I watched it. Not much blows my mind but this does.

No true crime documentary can ever come close to the literal bizarre and roller coaster experience that you have here.

I was in it. ****ing crazy times.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,241 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Eighth Grade is really good.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭Masala

Yester wrote: »
    I was in it. ****ing crazy times.

Hi English teacher has a lot to answer for - when teaching him the basic principals of how to answer a question!! Not every sentence has to have the F-Word in it.

But good viewing all the same....

Mickeroo wrote: »

It's so good, he listed it twice! :D

But it is a great film. I can't think of any other films that truly capture the teenage experience the way this one does.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Mickeroo wrote: »

I had the same feelings watching 8th Grade as I do watching a horror film.

I had the same feelings watching 8th Grade as I do watching a horror film.

Like I said above, it truly captures the teenage experience.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,323 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I'm always eternally grateful that as awful as secondary school was, it was never as bad as American High School always appears to be.

Anyone who claims teen years are the best of your life is a lier - or the very åsshole/bully the rest of us avoided like the plague :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

seligehgit wrote: »
    The Chalet is a top notch watch.

Top heavy on the suspense element.

+1 for this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭shrapnel222

just finished season 3 of drive to survive. just as good as the other 2

also finished last chance U Basketball. Took a little time to get into it having been a big fan of the american football ones, but it is fantastic, with some really great characters.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,211 ✭✭✭✭km79

also finished last chance U Basketball. Took a little time to get into it having been a big fan of the american football ones, but it is fantastic, with some really great characters.

I’ve only watched two episodes of last chance I basketball so far and am also enjoying it .
    I would much prefer American football for these types of documentaries but it’s still very good . The coach seems like a more normal nice guy too than the American football ones !

Can anyone confirm whether unforgotten season 3 is leaving Monday or not ?
    I’ve two episodes left

• Registered Users Posts: 48,211 ✭✭✭✭km79

Brooklyn Nine Nine
    At last
    NOICE

• Registered Users Posts: 3,719 ✭✭✭jluv

Watched this last night thanks to this recommendation. Loved it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Mr.Wemmick

Molly's Game is a very good watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,074 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

does anyone know when unforgotten leaves netflix?

Read it leaves end of March, but can't find any info anywhere confirming this.:o

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Rjd2 wrote: »
    does anyone know when unforgotten leaves netflix?

Read it leaves end of March, but can't find any info anywhere confirming this.:o

Season 1 and 2 was the 30th March! Fairly sure season 3 was end of April! It shows it up in the corner at the start of each season!

Binge immediately just to be on the safe side

• Registered Users Posts: 14,130 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Anyone watch The Eddy? I liked La La Land and the directors other films but this series went mostly unnoticed.

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭JoeExotic81

Anyone watch The Eddy? I liked La La Land and the directors other films but this series went mostly unnoticed.

Loved it, and I hated la la land!

On the subject of march 31st, seems a big clear out? I watched Pure the other day as that was expiring too, recommended! Niamh Alghar the Irish actress is great in it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

I was wary of the basketball season but actually think it has been the best of the lot. The episode where they go on a retreat is really funny and the characters very interesting, especially Deshaun.

Advertisement