Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix Recommendations Thread 3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Rfrip wrote: »
    Season 1 and 2 was the 30th March! Fairly sure season 3 was end of April! It shows it up in the corner at the start of each season!

Binge immediately just to be on the safe side

I think its the first week of April for the 3rd season

• Registered Users Posts: 43,873 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Saw ITV Hub doesn't have Season 1 or 2, so they're probably pulling it off Netflix for exclusivity as it's been getting a lot of publicity lately obviously.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

Watched "Blinded by the light" last weekend, liked

• Registered Users Posts: 10,015 ✭✭✭✭cena

165535633_10221118664130186_8575075909822602021_n.jpg

Yes this a real jersey,not a fake

• Registered Users Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭budgemook

Blue is the warmest colour. Just make sure the kids are asleep before watching. Nothing left to the imagination! ;)

Also, make sure the parents are asleep before watching!

• Advertisement

cena wrote: »
    Preferred the first season..

Ducks fly together however..

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭den87

I think its the first week of April for the 3rd season

Hopefully they stay on, we binged s1 during the week and while it was excellent it drained us emotionally so we left off rushing in to s2. Hence my hope that it stays on.

Edit- if it does go that means Line of Duty (1-4) AND Unforgotten are not available on any streamers in Ireland which is fairly poor.

den87 wrote: »
    Edit- if it does go that means Line of Duty (1-4) AND Unforgotten are not available on any streamers in Ireland which is fairly poor.
    It if a shame but since they're on BBC and ITV respectively, it's in their interest to drive people towards their FREE streaming platforms, regardless of impact to ROI.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Basq wrote: »
    It if a shame but since they're on BBC and ITV respectively, it's in their interest to drive people towards their FREE streaming platforms, regardless of impact to ROI.

There's been a difference in content between Irish and UK Netflix before. Usually because an Irish channel has the rights to something. I think we got Derry Girls on Netflix but the UK didn't, because it's on All4, even though we get that here too.

For what it's worth I don't see Unforgotten listed as leaving on https://uk.newonnetflix.info/lastchance
    which is usally reliable.
    It also doesn't say anything on Netflix itself when you go to the series page, like it does for The Thick of It, for example.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

Pete; when is Unforgotten leaving Netflix again?

We have till Wednesday at midnight I think?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,989 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Basq wrote: »

Well they could in theory drive people in the UK toward their free streaming platforms and license their programming out to Irish Netflix, Prime etc. But that would take a tiny effort they don't seem bothered with.

So I will just continue to stream them with one of the numerous excellent free streaming apps that are available on Android TV.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

The Miseducation of Cameron Post

I had this on my watch list for ages and luckily enough I spotted that today is it's last day on Netflix, so I watched it this morning. It's about a young girl in 1993, who is caught with another girl and sent to a Christian conversion camp by her evangelical bible bashing guardian. Chloe Grace Moretz plays the lead.

I really liked it. It's very restrained and it doesn't beat you over the head with how f**king awful these places are, but I think it's all the more powerful for it. It's only about 90 minutes too so it doesn't outstay it's welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

La Mante with Carole Bouquet is an enjoyable watch.

Ditto Twice upon a time ( Il etait une seconde fois ) is a beautiful bittersweet tale of love gone wrong with a time travel element.There's a wonderful accompanying soundtrack (Julia Kent and many others ).

In the midst of the second season of The Break.

Enjoyable fare thus far.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭den87

ShineOn7 wrote: »
    Pete; when is Unforgotten leaving Netflix again?

We have till Wednesday at midnight I think?

Looks like they’re not leaving now. The message at the start of every episode has gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Instant family is very enjoyable!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,793 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

I got excited for binge season seven of b99 then I realised I seen it already

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭ClydeTallyBump

PsychoPete wrote: »

Did this also yesterday. :(

Nearly finished Shtisel Season 3. As good as ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Marked
    This documentary explores Nigeria's cultural practice of marking, including its origins and meaning as a symbol of identity, beauty and spirituality

added

• Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭hold my beer

Working my way through Its Always Sunny......

Gonna give B99 my first watch after.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭pottokblue

"10 jours en or" (2012) a light hearted christmas french road trip film

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,030 ✭✭✭OldRio

The Irregulars. I managed 15 minutes. Utter tripe. Dreadful in every way.
    I normally give TV shows a couple of episodes. But this was an exception.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

Same but I did it anyway lol, the episode where Charles gets the leather jacket creases me

• Registered Users Posts: 10,989 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

OldRio wrote: »
    The Irregulars. I managed 15 minutes. Utter tripe. Dreadful in every way.
    I normally give TV shows a couple of episodes. But this was an exception.

I watched 2 and a half episodes and I have to say you chose wisely.

Not really sure what audience they're targeting, it's all over the place.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,793 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Same but I did it anyway lol, the episode where Charles gets the leather jacket creases me

I love the interactions between Holt and Wunch

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,809 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Hate when that happens.
    Unforgotten getting lots of comments here......checks....... yeah, seen it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭Captain Red Beard

Finished it earlier, a hard watch at times.

Why, oh why did they not call it Conspirasea though?

It's made by the same crowd who made Cowspiracy. More of the same propaganda.

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭tallaghtfornia

Hi all
    can anyone recommend a good sci fi for tonight ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,862 ✭✭✭mikhail

Space Sweepers is a sci-fi actioner. The crew of a little salvage ship stumble onto a big plot. Looks great in spite of a lowish budget, fun and entertaining.

Annihilation is an Alex Garland movie, slow and cerebral. A small team are sent into a area that's mysteriously affected by some crashed alien thing. Can compare it with Tarkovsky's Stalker, or some of M. John Harrison's novels.

The Martian is still up, a Ridley Scott movie from a few years ago. Matt Damon get accidentally stranded on Mars and has to Maguiver his way to survival with only very faint hope of rescue. Fantastic cast, fun soundtrack, looks as awesome as you'd expect of a Ridley Scott movie, and a great story with lots of tension, ingenuity and humour.

They also have Oblivion, a Tom Cruise movie. He plays a technician surveying a post-apocalyptic Earth. Great visuals, good score. It's better than its reputation.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Hi all
    can anyone recommend a good sci fi for tonight ?

Also Dredd, which is more action than sci-fi, but really good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,668 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

I see Greta has been added.
    It is seriously OTT and rather camp, not a patch on other fairly recent Isabelle Huppert films (e.g. Elle).
    But is a lot fun, I can see it getting a cult following

Advertisement