Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix Recommendations Thread 3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

S.M.B. wrote: »
    Apologies if it came across like I was having a go at your post, my wording could have been better.

I wanted just to highlight to others that it is doing something quite different with the format, even when compared to the likes of Borat.

Ya thanks , my fault I was pretty tired lol

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭daretodream

Watched all of The Ted Bundy Tapes. Really excellent, would highly recommend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭dublin49

Watched Rose Island .true story about guy that tried to set up an independent state 6 miles off coast of Italy on a platform ,jaunty movie that takes a light hearted look at what happened,amazing story .well worth a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,055 ✭✭✭joeguevara

Season 7 of Brooklyn 9 9 added. Seen all episodes before and in all fairness they are not anywhere close to the earlier seasons but still good laugh. Been reading that because of the issues such as GF and other adverse publicity that the US police have had it was touch and go for a new season but it has been announced that it will return for a final season 8. Hopefully the quality will improve (not saying that it is bad but it was one of the best things on tv).

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Dirty Dancing
    While spending summer with her family in the mountains, 17-year-old Frances falls in love with the resort's free-spirited dance instructor.

The Girl on the Train
    A voyeuristic divorcee who observes an idyllic couple from afar witnesses a shocking scene that becomes the center of a missing persons mystery.

The Windsors season 3
    The all-too-public trials and tribulations of England's royal family are reimagined as an over-the-top comedic soap opera.

Haunted: Latin America Season 1
    Real people's terrifying tales of the chilling, unexplained and paranormal come to life with dramatic reenactments in this reality series.

Not a Game (Spainish)
    This documentary offers an honest look at our fraught, complex relationship to video games from the perspectives of gamers and their concerned parents.

Passengers
    After waking from his hibernation decades ahead of schedule, a lonely passenger on an interplanetary journey faces an ethical dilemma.

Teen Mom 2
    The highs and lows of new parenting and adulting create drama and heartbreak as life moves on for the cast of "16 and Pregnant" Season 2.

added

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭hold my beer

dublin49 wrote: »
    Watched Rose Island .true story about guy that tried to set up an independent state 6 miles off coast of Italy on a platform ,jaunty movie that takes a light hearted look at what happened,amazing story .well worth a look.

Watched that a while back and really enjoyed it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭Masala

just finished The Chalet .... enjoyable thriller in French in about 6/7 episodes. Would recommend as viewing

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭spuddy4711

Stig-Helmer Olsen is an old-fashioned nerdy Swede who works in quality control of toasters.

A cult figure in Sweden, take a look at his holiday adventures, maybe start with Sallskap Resan.

Spain, the Alps, Golf in Scotland, even the Stig-Helmer story, all a joy, with laugh out loud moments.

All on Netflix

• Registered Users Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

Greta is well worth watching. Saw it in the cinema when it first came out and was delighted to watch it again.

Thriller starting Chloe Grace Moretz, set in NYC (yet interestingly enough, many scenes shot in Dublin!). Directed by Neil Jordan.
    That's all I'll say. Watch it! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,751 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Greta is well worth watching. Saw it in the cinema when it first came out and was delighted to watch it again.

Thriller starting Chloe Grace Moretz, set in NYC (yet interestingly enough, many scenes shot in Dublin!). Directed by Neil Jordan.
    That's all I'll say. Watch it! :D

It was far too slow for me and I got bored after about a half hour or so. Should I continue?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,751 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

I'm watching a Mexican drama called 'Who killed Sara'

Quien Mato A Sara..

It's about a group of friends that go out on a boating trip were a girl dies and her brother is wrongfully convicted of her murder and when released, he hunts down the real killer.

I watched the first episode dubbed and it was painfully dreadful but after looking it up, it's highly rated on rotten tomatoes and a lot better with subtitles.

10 episodes in total.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭Masala

Charlie19 wrote: »

Quien Mato A Sara..

It's about a group of friends that go out on a boating trip were a girl dies and her brother is wrongfully convicted of her murder and when released, he hunts down the real killer.

I watched the first episode dubbed and it was painfully dreadful but after looking it up, it's highly rated on rotten tomatoes and a lot better with subtitles.

10 episodes in total.

Ya.... watched the first episode and found it a bit wishy-washy!! Don’t know if I’ll go back to it....

Worn Stories: Season 1
    Based on the New York Times Best Seller, Worn Stories opens the closets of a diverse group of people to reveal a treasure-trove of tales about the meaning behind articles of clothing. Be it a pair of boots symbolizing survival, a dress that’s come to stand for recovery, or a uniform that reaffirms an identity.

Tersanjung: The Movie
    This genre-bending series puts a modern twist on Greek and Roman mythology, exploring themes of gender politics, power and life in the underworld.

Wild Bill
    Dexter Fletcher’s East London Western is mature, articulate and generally brilliant.

Prank Encounters: Season 2
    Gaten Matarazzo returns for another round of Netflix pranks.

Beneath
    The Time Traveler’s Wife
    Mrs Brown’s Boys D’Movie
    Sleepers (1996)
    Death Becomes Her
    Page Eight
    In the Name of the Father
    Love Story
    Salting the Battlefield
    RL Stine’s Monsterville: Cabinet of Souls
    Sixty Six
    Cast Away
    People Places Things
    The Borrowers
    Turks & Caicos
    Out of Time
    The Boy
    They Live
    Grace Stirs Up Success
    Murder on the Home Front
    Raw Deal
    The Mexican
    Sherpa
    Red Heat
    Alleycats
    Curve
    Irul
    Jarhead 2: Field of Fire
    Magical Andes: Season 2
    Outcast
    Esio Trot
    Seven Souls in the Skull Castle: Season Bird
    Seven Souls in the Skull Castle: Season Flower
    Seven Souls in the Skull Castle: Season Wind
    Shrek
    Shrek 2
    Shrek the Musical
    The Hitcher (2007)
    The Knight and the Princess
    The Land Before Time II: The Great Valley Adventure
    The Platform: Season 2
    Twister

added

• Registered Users Posts: 6,030 ✭✭✭OldRio

Quien Mato A Sara..

10 episodes in total.

I watched the first three episodes last night. (Never watch dubbed versions IMHO. Always subtitles)

Revenge thriller. Guy in prison for 18 years for something he didn't do. Released and the fun begins as he takes on the family that set him up.
    Each episode is 40mins long. (Which is a bonus)

Production values are high. Plot is like a sieve and to be honest ridiculous. Acting is OKish but it's the type of series were actors we're employed because of their looks. Women are gorgeous. Men are handsome.

I doubt I'll be back.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,668 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

It was far too slow for me and I got bored after about a half hour or so. Should I continue?
    Yes....that is all I will say :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,272 ✭✭✭Barna77

Quien Mato A Sara..

Is the series dreadful or the dubbing? There is some terrible dubbing out there (I'm thinking Cocaine Coast)

But I like Mexican accent :)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

I see The Final Girls was added. I highly recommend it. It's a really fun homage to 80s teen slasher films.

It's about Max, a teenager still grieving her actress mother's death. Her friends drag her along to a late night screening of one of her mother's most famous films, Camp Bloodbath. A fire breaks out and while trying to escape they end up being transported into the film.

It has a really nice story at the centre of it, while having a lot of fun with the concept. And it's really more homage than spoof. I'm looking forward to watching it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

Plus one on the Final Girls, it's a great film.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Exceedingly rare to see a Netflix content dump with actually good films!

They Live, Do The Right Thing, The Big Lebowski etc should be the class and quality of films being routinely added at a bare minimum.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,808 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Watched Informer yesterday, 6 episodes, a good watch. I remember seeing it a few years ago on BBC but still enjoyed it again.

• Advertisement

Exceedingly rare to see a Netflix content dump with actually good films!

They Live, Do The Right Thing, The Big Lebowski etc should be the class and quality of films being routinely added at a bare minimum.

a lot of these films flip between netflix and flim 4 a lot especially the big lebowski

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭saggycaggy

Binged on The Unforgotten last couple of weekends and was googling where to watch Season 4 but came across load if spoilers so left google search very quickly!

Any idea where we can watch Season 4? Is that the current one that just finished on UTV?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,668 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

saggycaggy wrote: »
    Binged on The Unforgotten last couple of weekends and was googling where to watch Season 4 but came across load if spoilers so left google search very quickly!

Any idea where we can watch Season 4? Is that the current one that just finished on UTV?
    You can definitely get it "online".
    ITV hub (there streaming platform) have all of season 4 but you would need a VPN.
    It was another excellent season!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,133 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

saggycaggy wrote: »

I did the same , sorry i googled now

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

Watched a few episodes of Man like Mobeen

It's about a English-born Muslim in Birmingham (I think it's Birmingham)

It's really funny, I laughed out loud more than once each episode, very witty

The production is slightly amateurish and not the best actors in the world but the dialogue more than makes up for it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭budgemook

Big Lebowski has to be one of the most added films on netflix :pac: I have it on My List (I've seen it loads of times of course) so I constantly see it popping up whenever it comes back.

Do the Right Thing I have not seen though and it's something I've had in my notes to watch for some time now. Nice one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Sam Hain

joeguevara wrote: »
    Season 7 of Brooklyn 9 9 added. Seen all episodes before and in all fairness they are not anywhere close to the earlier seasons but still good laugh. Been reading that because of the issues such as GF and other adverse publicity that the US police have had it was touch and go for a new season but it has been announced that it will return for a final season 8. Hopefully the quality will improve (not saying that it is bad but it was one of the best things on tv).

Quite possibly one of the the most overrated and least funny comedy series in the history of comedy. So stale, it would make 2 broke girls look like Only fools and horses.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,992 ✭✭✭DenMan

Has anybody seen Simply Black yet? I've seen the trailer and it looks very good.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Sam Hain wrote: »
    Quite possibly one of the the most overrated and least funny comedy series in the history of comedy. So stale, it would make 2 broke girls look like Only fools and horses.

No.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭PWEI

Wonderful Basque film based on ancient Basque folklore about a
    Blacksmith who finds himself battling the Devil.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5592878/

I saw it a few years ago and stumbled upon it on Netflix again recently and had to watch it again. It's a real gem with super visuals and great story telling. Definitely a lot better than its 6.4 rating on imdb.
    It's dark, clever, funny and highly entertaining.

Advertisement