Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix Recommendations Thread 3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

Charlie19 wrote: »
    It was far too slow for me and I got bored after about a half hour or so. Should I continue?

I'd say yes!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

I see The Final Girls was added. I highly recommend it. It's a really fun homage to 80s teen slasher films.

It's about Max, a teenager still grieving her actress mother's death. Her friends drag her along to a late night screening of one of her mother's most famous films, Camp Bloodbath. A fire breaks out and while trying to escape they end up being transported into the film.

It has a really nice story at the centre of it, while having a lot of fun with the concept. And it's really more homage than spoof. I'm looking forward to watching it again.

Watched it on Horror Channel about a year ago, quite funny

• Registered Users Posts: 11,751 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

I'd say yes!

Yes I'd have to agree, I finished it off there this evening.

Whilst it was good but I couldn't get with how over the top it was, how do the writer's think that any rational viewer would believe that the holes made behind the piano could be filled so easily.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Concrete Cowboy

Directed by Rick Staub and starring Idris Elba, this film follows 15-year-old Cole (Caleb McLaughlin), who discovers the world of urban horseback riding when his mother sends him to North Philadelphia to live with his dad, Harp, played by Elba. Based on the novel Ghetto Cowboy by G Neri and co-written by Staub.

Run

Sarah Paulson stars in the latest from Aneesh Chaganty, the director of the inventive thriller Searching. There’s something unnatural about the relationship between the pair, with Diane raising her daughter in isolation, controlling every move since birth. But after years of intense, scrutinised medical care, teenager Chloe desires freedom and suspects her mother might be holding her back.

Bitter Daisies: Season 2
    While investigating the disappearance of a teen girl in a Galician town, a Civil Guard officer uncovers secrets linked to a loss of her own in this Spanish crime drama.

Madame Claude
    In 1960s Paris, Madame Claude’s influence extends beyond the world of sex work — until an affluent young woman threatens to change everything.

Just Say Yes
    Incurable romantic Lotte finds her life upended when her plans for a picture-perfect wedding unravel – just as her self-absorbed sister gets engaged.

Sky High
    Goya Award winners Luis Tosar and Miguel Herrán star in this action thriller with Carolina Yuste and Fernando Cayo.

added

• Registered Users Posts: 8,792 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

I watched bad trip last night, it was pretty stupid but I did enjoy it especially as a fan of the Eric Andre Show.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,043 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Must check out Bitter Daisies. Will also be watching Sky High as Luis Tosar is great.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,873 ✭✭✭✭Basq

peteeeed wrote: »
    Run

Sarah Paulson stars in the latest from Aneesh Chaganty, the director of the inventive thriller Searching. There’s something unnatural about the relationship between the pair, with Diane raising her daughter in isolation, controlling every move since birth. But after years of intense, scrutinised medical care, teenager Chloe desires freedom and suspects her mother might be holding her back.
    Saw this a few months back and enjoyed.. decent little thriller.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,211 ✭✭✭✭km79

km79 wrote: »
    I’ve only watched two episodes of last chance I basketball so far and am also enjoying it .
    I would much prefer American football for these types of documentaries but it’s still very good . The coach seems like a more normal nice guy too than the American football ones !

Can anyone confirm whether unforgotten season 3 is leaving Monday or not ?
    I’ve two episodes left

Excellent series .
    Coach Mosley and all the players came across really well. I was fully rooting for Big Joe by the halfway mark.
    Won’t say anymore as it would contain spoilers
    stupid Covid

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭Tim76

peteeeed wrote: »
    Concrete Cowboy

Directed by Rick Staub and starring Idris Elba, this film follows 15-year-old Cole (Caleb McLaughlin), who discovers the world of urban horseback riding when his mother sends him to North Philadelphia to live with his dad, Harp, played by Elba. Based on the novel Ghetto Cowboy by G Neri and co-written by Staub.

added

Can't take Idris seriously anymore after those cringe inducing Sky ads. I'd be expecting him to belt out a Christmas song at any minute.

Fysh wrote: »
    Must check out Bitter Daisies. Will also be watching Sky High as Luis Tosar is great.

Bitter daisies is decent enough, I watched it a few years back when it was on netflix before.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Watched Run, as I really enjoyed Searching. No doubt director Aneesh Chaganty can put together a solid thriller, but alas this one doesn’t fully land. The biggest problem is that the directions the story goes in a way go against some of the things that make the initial setup so interesting. It’s predictable, yes, but in a way that undermines the characters in the process.

It doesn’t overstay its welcome at a tidy 85 mins or so, and there’s a propulsive pacing to it for the most part. One or two clever set pieces make great use out of the lead character’s limited mobility and sheer determination. Just don’t expect it to fully deliver on its intriguing setup.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,055 ✭✭✭joeguevara

Watched Liar Liar yesterday. Hadnt seen it since i was a teenager. Still hilarious.

In the name of the Father just added and I am going to watch it this weekend.

Also death becomes her has been added. Hilarious.

Haven’t seen death becomes her for years. Might be worth a rewatch.

PsychoPete wrote: »
    I watched bad trip last night, it was pretty stupid but I did enjoy it especially as a fan of the Eric Andre Show.

Eric andre show is fcucking amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,792 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

joeguevara wrote: »
    Eric andre show is fcucking amazing.

I love the bat sh!t craziness of it

• Registered Users Posts: 32,668 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

It is still terrific fun.
    I miss seeing Goldie Hawn in films :(

• Registered Users Posts: 43,873 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Bad Trip was good harmless silly fun..

.. some hits, some misses but unfortunately do think it would have worked best as a cinema movie with an audience. Shame!

Worth a watch for something daft and entertaining though.

gmisk wrote: »
    It is still terrific fun.
    I miss seeing Goldie Hawn in films :(

Bird on a wire is on Netflix.

Awakenings with Robin Williams and Robert Di Nero is excellent.

Turkish library.

Awakenings with Robin Williams and Robert Di Nero is excellent.

Turkish library.

What does Turkish library mean?

• Advertisement

What does Turkish library mean?

If you happen to be in Turkey, you can watch it.

VPN yourself around the world and there happens to be a lot more content available on netflix.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 SilverangelA5

If you happen to be in Turkey, you can watch it.

VPN yourself around the world and there happens to be a lot more content available on netflix.

Can anyone recommend a good VPN?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,875 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Can anyone recommend a good VPN?

Express VPN is my go-to. Can't fault it.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 SilverangelA5

Mr Crispy wrote: »
    Express VPN is my go-to. Can't fault it.

Thanks a million.

Do you know would amazon prime work on it also?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,133 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

For any fans of Unforgotten I laughed at this clip from This Morning

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdEF8c-Nk5A

Did I leave the gas on .!!

Ps , I watched Run last night and really enjoyed it .

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Mod note Folks please read the charter. No discussion of how to get around regional restrictions, please.

Mod note Folks please read the charter. No discussion of how to get around regional restrictions, please.

I was probably the reason for this discussion. I just want to make it clear that when I asked what Turkish library meant, I thought it was a film or series. I tried to search for awakenings on Netflix and was so disappointed with the realisation that Turkish library was...etc

But i saw that the Mexican with Brad Pitt was added. Another film from my youth (well my early 20s) i love.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

I was probably the reason for this discussion. I just want to make it clear that when I asked what Turkish library meant, I thought it was a film or series. I tried to search for awakenings on Netflix and was so disappointed with the realisation that Turkish library was...etc

But i saw that the Mexican with Brad Pitt was added. Another film from my youth (well my early 20s) i love.

Awakenings is on Now TV, if you have that.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,847 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Watched sleepers today after it’d had been added earlier in the week and it’s great to finally rewatch it in full years after I’d first seen it. A few mentioned Dustin Hoffmanns performance and i can’t believe I forgot to mention him a couple of days ago, it was superb. Robert De Niro of course is superb and that final courtroom scene is the icing on the cake. And I’d forgotten about the airport shooting scene of the guard from the institution near the end. “They said he died of pneumonia. They said.”

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭saggycaggy

Yeah i remember getting it out on video with my sister and best friend when i was 11 or 12 I'd say, loved it. Going to watch it with my 2 daughters tomorrow or Easter Monday.

Advertisement