Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix Recommendations Thread 3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

for fans of the show , ITV renews Unforgotten for Season 5

• Registered Users Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

peteeeed wrote: »
    for fans of the show , ITV renews Unforgotten for Season 5

Decided to give this a watch after hearing so many good reviews and it looks like I have previously watched the first 3 episodes and had started the fourth at some stage in the past few years although it’s only vaguely familiar. Really enjoying it though and the episodes are a perfect length for binging through a few each evening

highly recommend 'the last blockbuster' . plenty of nostalgia for those of use who rented VHS back in the day

• Registered Users Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭dublin49

watched Run last night.Its definitely worth a look with Sarah Paulson really good as usual.

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭Xaniaj

Thanks for the rec of The final girls, very very enjoyable, definite Cabin in the Wood vibes! Also checked out Run which was good overall but I wasn't sold on the ending.

Long weekend so I'll sneak a third movie in tomorrow!

• Advertisement

Coded Bias
    This documentary investigates the bias in algorithms after M.I.T. Media Lab researcher Joy Buolamwini uncovered flaws in facial recognition technology.

Family Reunion: Part 3 When the McKellan family moves from Seattle to small-town Georgia, life down South — and traditional grandparents — challenge their big-city ways.

added

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭Debub

Watching Marcella - it shows only 2 Seasons on Netflix, but apparently there is season 3 as well - anyone knows where Season 3 is available please? Its quite Good.
    thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 43,873 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Debub wrote: »
    Watching Marcella - it shows only 2 Seasons on Netflix, but apparently there is season 3 as well - anyone knows where Season 3 is available please? Its quite Good.
    thanks
    Was on quite recently, so assuming ITV Hub.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

peteeeed wrote: »
    highly recommend 'the last blockbuster' . plenty of nostalgia for those of use who rented VHS back in the day

Which country has this on Netflix?

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭NinetyForNone

Which country has this on Netflix?
    USA+Canada

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,841 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

I'm fairly sure I've recommended it before but Anthony Bourdain: Parts Unknown is back on.

A very easy watch. A mix of travel and food. IMO one of the best travel/food series ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,527 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

ShagNastii wrote: »
    I'm fairly sure I've recommended it before but Anthony Bourdain: Parts Unknown is back on.

A very easy watch. A mix of travel and food. IMO one of the best travel/food serie ever.

Great show .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Ikozma

I watched sherpas and last breath over the weekend and both were excellent viewing
    Last breath in particular was an unbelievable story

Ibrahim a Fate to Define
    Raised in a quiet home, Lina searches for answers while investigating the mystery

The Last Kids on Earth: Happy Apocalypse to You
    Help Jack and his monster-battling friends make choices to stay alive -- and have some fun -- in this interactive "Last Kids on Earth" adventure!

added

• Registered Users Posts: 9,373 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

"The Last Kids on Earth" series doesn't sound too cheery for an interactive kids show!

I guess plenty of kids TV shows throughout the years had a dark underlying premise of you properly think about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭whatever76

Watched P

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Saw Murder on the Homefront last night. Better than I thought it would be.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,435 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

watched 'The Final Girls' last night, as recommended on the thread. Thought it was a good way to spend 90 mins. Decent film.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,437 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

I see the Dad from Friday Night Dinners has sadly passed away.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭VonLuck

He was great in Chernobyl.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭taytobreath

Hillbilly elegy is an excellent movie from start to finish.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

Years late to the party. Binged on the Alienist,great watch,Sherlock Holmes type program

• Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭joe40

Just watched the documentary "Sherpa" it is brilliant. The western tour operator and some of the climbers come across as arrogant heartless as*holes after the tragedy.

A documentary series spanning over two decades of footage and home videos of Kanye West’s life and work has landed at Netflix.

Billboard, which first reported the news, cites sources putting the price tag at Netflix at $30 million, though a person familiar with the matter tells Variety that that is not an accurate figure. The series is said to include never-before-seen footage of West, and will cover his career in music and fashion, his failed 2020 presidential bid, and the death of his mother, Donda West.

The multi-part docuseries, which does not yet have a title, hails from music video producing duo Clarence “Coodie” Simmons and Chike Ozah, better known as Coodie & Chike, who directed and produced West’s 2004 music video “Jesus Walks (Version 3)” and “Through the Wire.” The pair have also produced and directed the 2012 ESPN “30 for 30” documentary “Benji,” about Benjamin Wilson; music videos for Lupe Fiasco, Erykah Badu and others; and the 2019 documentary on former professional basketball player Stephon Marbury, “A Kid From Coney Island.”

https://variety.com/2021/tv/news/kan...ix-1234945384/

• Registered Users Posts: 9,373 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

The use of the word "landed" in that article made me believe there had been a surprise release today. Unfortunately it just means that it's been acquired. :(

This Is a Robbery: The World’s Biggest Art Heist: Season 1
    In 1990, two men dressed as cops con their way into a Boston museum and steal a fortune in art.

The Big Day: Collection 2
    For six engaged couples, happily ever after begins on a spectacular note in this eye-popping look at India’s multibillion-dollar wedding industry.

Dolly Parton: A MusiCares Tribute
    Miley Cyrus, Kacey Musgraves, Shawn Mendes, Katy Perry, Jennifer Nettles, Brandi Carlile, Yolanda Adams and more pay tribute to the living legend.

Snabba Cash: Season 1
    This Swedish reboot of the feature film franchise from Oskar Söderlund, Jesper Ganslandt and best-selling author Jens Lapidus follows tech entrepreneur Leya (Evin Ahmad), who kick starts her company with criminal money – but finds out the hard way there are no shortcuts to the top without paying the price.

The Wedding Coach: Season 1
    Former bride and forever comedian Jamie Lee shares her irreverent yet practical tips and tricks in this reality TV series.

added

• Registered Users Posts: 4,841 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

If this is on Netflix it’s a great watch. I dismissed it as a poor mans inbetweeners at first but it’s a grower for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

ShagNastii wrote: »
    If this is on Netflix it’s a great watch. I dismissed it as a poor mans inbetweeners at first but it’s a grower for sure.

I think it was removed a while back but they're all available on All4. One of my favourite comedy series of the last few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

I think it was removed a while back but they're all available on All4. One of my favourite comedy series of the last few years.
    I saw a trailer for it this evening on Netflix

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,946 ✭✭✭Banjaxed82

They Live. One of those carpenter films I never saw for some reason. I know it from pop culture, etc but Christ that was disappointing.

I was expecting it to be far more craic than it was. didn't have the fun factor I was expecting. And seems like they didn't exploit the premise as much as they could. Am I wrong?

Advertisement