Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix Recommendations Thread 3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭mike_cork

ShagNastii wrote: »
    I'm fairly sure I've recommended it before but Anthony Bourdain: Parts Unknown is back on.

A very easy watch. A mix of travel and food. IMO one of the best travel/food series ever.

Great show. So sad hes not still with us.

Also would give a thumbs up for the Ailenst per an earlier poster

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭davehey79

Anyone else get the Netflix email and it showcases The Serpent but clicking on it doesn’t bring me to the series. All other shows / movies in same email link fone to the landing page for the respective item

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

davehey79 wrote: »
    Anyone else get the Netflix email and it showcases The Serpent but clicking on it doesn’t bring me to the series. All other shows / movies in same email link fone to the landing page for the respective item

It's a BBC show, so it's maybe a rights issue and we're not getting it?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Banjaxed82 wrote: »
    They Live. One of those carpenter films I never saw for some reason. I know it from pop culture, etc but Christ that was disappointing.

I was expecting it to be far more craic than it was. didn't have the fun factor I was expecting. And seems like they didn't exploit the premise as much as they could. Am I wrong?

loads of fun factor and the longest and greatest on screen fight ever

The Way of the Househusband: Season 1 (Japanese, Manga)
    After disappearing from the underworld, the legendary yakuza Tatsu, “the Immortal Dragon,” resurfaces — as a fiercely devoted stay-at-home husband.

American Assassin
    After grad student Mitch Rapp suffers a tragic loss during a terrorist attack, his single-minded thirst for vengeance catches the interest of the CIA.

added

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Lefty2Guns

davehey79 wrote: »

My parents watched this and said its brilliant. Hopefully it comes available on some platform.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭VonLuck

peteeeed wrote: »
    loads of fun factor and the longest and greatest on screen fight ever

Also a couple of familiar quotes for anyone who has played Duke Nukem!

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Lefty2Guns

Watched Trial by Fire the other night. Good film, thanks to whoever recommended it. Jack O'Connell plays the part very well.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,241 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

The Way of the Househusband: Season 1 (Japanese, Manga)
    After disappearing from the underworld, the legendary yakuza Tatsu, “the Immortal Dragon,” resurfaces — as a fiercely devoted stay-at-home husband.

That looks hilarious:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

Mickeroo wrote: »

Each to their own I suppose, it just annoyed me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭dublin49

Lefty2Guns wrote: »
    My parents watched this and said its brilliant. Hopefully it comes available on some platform.

The Serpent,yes we watched on BBC and its compelling viewing,not least because its based on true story.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,213 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

watched twister,remember being..pun intended..blown away when it hit the cinemas..still a great movie i feel,pure action cheese.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,873 ✭✭✭✭Basq

watched twister,remember being..pun intended..blown away when it hit the cinemas..still a great movie i feel,pure action cheese.
    The definition of a great popcorn movie IMO.

Seymour-Hoffman was so annoying in it though..

.. amazing to see the career he carved out after it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,518 ✭✭✭brevity

Basq wrote: »
    The definition of a great popcorn movie IMO.

Seymour-Hoffman was so annoying in it though..

.. amazing to see the career he carved out after it.

It was a very Jack Black type performance

Netflix strikes deal for streaming rights to Sony films, including upcoming 'Spider-Man' movies

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/04/08/netflix-strikes-deal-for-streaming-rights-to-sony-films.html

• Registered Users Posts: 5,508 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Watched 'The White Tiger' the other night and thought it was very good.

Also agree with those who said Sherpas was worth watching!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭dublin49

have watched 2 of the three Johnny Worricker triology with Bill Nighy,Kinda of MI16 espionage drama with some razor sharp dialogue,if its action you are looking for though,look elsewhere.The first one is called Page 8.Worth a look ,especially if you like Bill nighy.Good supporting cast,Christopher Walken is in the second one.BBC made so as always good quality.

Thunder Force
    In a world where supervillains are commonplace, this comedy follows two estranged childhood best friends who reunite after one devises a treatment that gives them powers to protect their city – and the other can’t resist the urge to try it. Melissa McCarthy and Octavia Spencer star.

Night in Paradise (Korean)
    Hiding out in Jeju Island following a brutal tragedy, a wronged mobster with a target on his back connects with a woman who has her own demons.

Have You Ever Seen Fireflies?
    Rebellious, irreverent wunderkind Gülseren navigates loneliness, love and loss against the current of political turmoil and social change.

Heaven Official's Blessing (Chinese)
    Banished to the mortal realm to exorcise ghosts, a deity must reckon with a demon and soon uncovers a dark secret behind the heavenly gods.

Two Distant Strangers
    In this Oscar-nominated short film, a man trying to go home to his dog gets stuck in a time loop that forces him to relive a deadly run-in with a cop.

added

• Registered Users Posts: 7,875 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Netflix strikes deal for streaming rights to Sony films, including upcoming 'Spider-Man' movies

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/04/08/netflix-strikes-deal-for-streaming-rights-to-sony-films.html

I posted about this yesterday, but then deleted because I was unsure if the deal will affect us here - the Sony press release specifies that this is an "exclusive first pay window licensing deal in the U.S."

Mr Crispy wrote: »
    I posted about this yesterday, but then deleted because I was unsure if the deal will affect us here - the Sony press release specifies that this is an "exclusive first pay window licensing deal in the U.S."

true but its all depends if sony have a deal with sky who are the big players over here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,668 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Thunder Force
    In a world where supervillains are commonplace, this comedy follows two estranged childhood best friends who reunite after one devises a treatment that gives them powers to protect their city – and the other can’t resist the urge to try it. Melissa McCarthy and Octavia Spencer star.
    Why the heck does melissa mccarthy keep doing these crappy comedies with her fecking husband?!?
    She is such a funny screen presence in the right film, and can you ever forgive me shows she can do dramatic roles....it's just such a waste of her talents

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭mikemac2

Age of Samurai : Battle for Japan

I thought it was amazing. I knew a lot of this period before as they make computer games on this era of unifying Japan.

Ruthlessly cruel and violent warlords battle among themselves and in the end there is 250 years of peace.

They have some authors and professors jumping in and introducing characters and giving the facts while you watch the drama. Seamlessly done

• Registered Users Posts: 7,875 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

gmisk wrote: »
    Why the heck does melissa mccarthy keep doing these crappy comedies with her fecking husband?!?
    She is such a funny screen presence in the right film, and can you ever forgive me shows she can do dramatic roles....it's just such a waste of her talents

Yeah, she needs to work less with Falcone and do something different. She has the talent.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭4Ad

Mr Crispy wrote: »
    Yeah, she needs to work less with Falcone and do something different. She has the talent.

Got slated on Newstalks Movies and Booze show earlier..she really isnt that funny, same old same old..

Just finished Trial by fire. I thought it was definitely worth the watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,272 ✭✭✭Barna77

Just finished watching it. Perfect quiet Friday evening movie.

I had forgotten Cameron from Ferris Bueller was on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

Just watched Thunderforce, harmless but not great

• Registered Users Posts: 32,668 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Just finished Trial by fire. I thought it was definitely worth the watch.
    I thought it sounded familiar, just realised I watched a documentary about the same story a long time ago, if was a good watch.
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Incendiary:_The_Willingham_Case

• Registered Users Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

Just finished season 2 of unforgotten. Brilliant!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

Just finished watching 'Run'. Very good. Well worth the watch.

Advertisement