Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix Recommendations Thread 3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,751 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Nigzcurran wrote: »
    Just finished season 2 of unforgotten. Brilliant!

Yes its a brilliant show and I cant wait for the next season they make, Chris Lang really knows what he's doing and the cast all talks highly of him.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,668 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Nigzcurran wrote: »
    Just finished season 2 of unforgotten. Brilliant!
    Its a brilliant show, I would personally take it over line of duty any day.
    I would say stay of the dedicated thread on here, spoilers abound for season 4, which was excellent as usual.

gmisk wrote: »
    Its a brilliant show, I would personally take it over line of duty any day.
    I would say stay of the dedicated thread on here, spoilers abound for season 4, which was excellent as usual.

I couldn't believe how that thread went:confused:

It was a sudden change from spoilers to anything goes and thankfully i had already watched the last episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,668 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Charlie19 wrote: »
    I couldn't believe how that thread went:confused:

It was a sudden change from spoilers to anything goes and thankfully i had already watched the last episode.
    That is very true, I remember posting spoiler tags etc on the night but it went out the window with people pretty quickly, in fairness the title of the thread was changed to say it contained spoilers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

Yep I know by now to steer well clear of all threads in case of spoilers! Once bitten twice shy. We are going to try line of duty when we have finished unforgotten, I watched the first episode years ago and wasn’t a fan but I’m hoping a fresh look will improve it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,133 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

gmisk wrote: »
    That is very true, I remember posting spoiler tags etc on the night but it went out the window with people pretty quickly, in fairness the title of the thread was changed to say it contained spoilers.

The annoying thing was the spoiler for Unforgotten Season 4 was everywhere , all over the media and newspaper . I haven’t seen it yet and unfortunately know the jist now
    Having said all that it’s absolutely brilliant !

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Is unforgotton in English or what language ? What country is the show from ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,764 ✭✭✭accensi0n

Basq wrote: »
    Bad Trip was good harmless silly fun..

.. some hits, some misses but unfortunately do think it would have worked best as a cinema movie with an audience. Shame!

Worth a watch for something daft and entertaining though.

I like silly comedies, but I turned this off half way through, just couldn't get into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,211 ✭✭✭✭km79

Feck !
    Kingdom is leaving on April 30th and for some bizarre reason season 2 is actually two seasons long so I’ve 20 episodes not 10 left :(

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭Garibaldi?

Curve(a film) is edge of the seat stuff

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭Garibaldi?

Just finished watching 'Run'. Very good. Well worth the watch.

Loved it! The determination of the main character!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭completedit

Watching Passenger. Good watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,862 ✭✭✭mikhail

mikemac2 wrote: »
    Age of Samurai : Battle for Japan

They have some authors and professors jumping in and introducing characters and giving the facts while you watch the drama. Seamlessly done
    I'm a couple of episodes in, and I'm not impressed. They cut between an assortment of breathless talking heads, some footage of cosplaying Japanese fellas placing stones on maps, and the occasional blood-spattered graphic. The graphical maps are flashily illustrated but lacking in detail and frequently baffling (e.g. they all have north on the right for some reason). Episode one ends with someone preparing for the difficult task of taking Kyoto and episode two starts some years after he's taken the city. It's a jumbled mess. Maybe your prior knowledge of the history is filling in gaps for you.

fin12 wrote: »
    Is unforgotton in English or what language ? What country is the show from ?

Its a BBC series in English and well worth watching

• Registered Users Posts: 9,373 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

*ITV

S.M.B. wrote: »
    *ITV

Sorry yes ITV .

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Mac B

dublin49 wrote: »
    have watched 2 of the three Johnny Worricker triology with Bill Nighy,Kinda of MI16 espionage drama with some razor sharp dialogue,if its action you are looking for though,look elsewhere.The first one is called Page 8.Worth a look ,especially if you like Bill nighy.Good supporting cast,Christopher Walken is in the second one.BBC made so as always good quality.

My wife and I have watched all 3 in the last week. Great movies and no. 3 is the best. Little action, great script and brilliant acting. It's s great recommendation

I watched Run tonight. I thought it was a good tense 90 minute movie that was well done. I liked it apart from the last around minute of it. Would recommend.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭degsie

I watched Run tonight. I thought it was a good tense 90 minute movie that was well done. I liked it apart from the last around minute of it. Would recommend.

Watched it too and while enjoyable it was not a patch on Misery.

degsie wrote:
    Watched it too and while enjoyable it was not a patch on Misery.

I don't think it's fair to rank it against Misery. It was a well executed film in it's own right apart from the last minute in my opinion. You could find a comparison to most films that you could say was better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

Don't watch Thunder Force, it's utter sh1te

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭degsie

I don't think it's fair to rank it against Misery. It was a well executed film in it's own right apart from the last minute in my opinion. You could find a comparison to most films that you could say was better.

Fair enough

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

Watched Mindhunter over the last few days. Was really good. Can't believe they aren't making a third season.

They Live 1988.

When I was kid, I loved Roddy Piper as a wrestler but this movie is terrible.
    I honestly cant see why its rated so highly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭kwestfan08

Just finished Bad Trip.

Really enjoyed it. Mix of scripted movie and hidden camera stunts a la Jackass etc.

Surprised myself how many belly laughs I got out of it. Eric Andre excellent as always in that zany gross out style of work he does.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭scrubs33

Don't watch Thunder Force, it's utter sh1te

Indescribably bad. What was Viola Davis thinking about when she read the script and thought yes this will absolutely suit someone of my talent...Avoid.
    Edit: Octavia Spencer not Viola Davis

• Registered Users Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

scrubs33 wrote: »
    Indescribably bad. What was Viola Davis thinking about when she read the script and thought yes this will absolutely suit someone of my talent...Avoid.

She's not in it or have I missed something?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,873 ✭✭✭✭Basq

She's not in it or have I missed something?
    Presume they've gotten mixed up with Octavia Spencer..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,373 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

I enjoyed it too, a well paced suspenseful thriller. Nice length too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

A Star Is Born (2018 version)
    When an aspiring singer develops a passionate relationship with a seasoned musician, her career begins to soar as his vices trigger a downward spiral.

added

Advertisement